• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can people stop talking about that fucking game.

Do people forget that the Jets won?

sanchez211.gif

LJ11

The Bills, not content purely with having a poor free agency period, try to fuck up their team even more:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Really? OK. RT @buffalobills: Whaley: #Bills plan to move Kiko Alonso from MLB to OLB.

It's hard to be upset about this, not sure why Garafolo is, probably didn't watch enough games. He's a good LB, just has issues in the run game, leaves himself vulnerable. Can cover though.

Desperately need another LB.

squicken

The Rams need to upgrade CB and OG and didn't care that Finnegan (cut) and Smith left (UFA). Phins fans better hope you sign neither, though I guess Smith is a fine backup

MechDX

Hey remember Browner's agent saying he was taking more visits. Sorry Rapsheet.

Actually Rappaport had this 40 minutes ago:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 35m
That visit Brandon Browner had with the #Redskins? It was cancelled last night, per source. @AlbertBreer says Browner is not in town

Furyous

CardsGAF:

Am I crazy for hoping we sign Terrelle Pryor when he's released by Oakland? He's a cheap signing, has huge upside, and is a hard worker.

manfestival

So what does it mean when a guy goes on his gfs facebook account and messages you saying "I dont know what you are to her but leave us alone" well essentially. It was like 5 sentences longer.

It astounds me that Stafford has Megatron, a good offensive line, decent TEs and RBs, and yet they have a "need" for a WR2. Oh how the other half live
Just wait until he starts overthrowing Tate. I hope this is just a mechanics thing, and to be fair he missed most of his first couple seasons. Given the weapons he has now and is likely to get in the draft, there is no excuse for a bad season. No more junk yards, or Kas yards as I call them.

He seems like he'll always throw INTs similar to Favre but he needs to increase overall production, capitalize in the red zone, and make the throws an NFL QB is expected to make. I could probably count on both hands the amount of times he hit someone downfield in stride; usually he misses WRs by a foot or two.

I pray Caldwell is right, that this is just mechanics. But then again Stafford tends to panic under pressure which leads to side arm gambles; it's hard to change a QB's instincts when under pressure, which is why Tebow can't improve for instance. He was poorly coached by Schwartz, who clearly put no emphasis on foot work or arm motion.

If Caldwell/Lombardi can't fix him no one can, and we'll be rebuilding in two years after wasting Megatron's prime. Nightmare.

CardsGAF:

Am I crazy for hoping we sign Terrelle Pryor when he's released by Oakland? He's a cheap signing, has huge upside, and is a hard worker.

I don't see it with Arians, especially since he likes Stanton as a backup with his knowledge or familiarity with Arians' system. I don't think it would be hard to beat Lindley out for QB3 but Pryor wouldn't want to be that low on the depth chart when he could get backup somewhere most likely and again, don't think he's an Arians guy. Makes more sense to wait until Arians sees his guy in a draft and then groom him behind Palmer. This draft would have been ideal time-wise, but I don't know that they like any of the QBs in this draft, at least any that would fall to us.

Bowser

Clayton claims Nicks will take a 1-year deal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmhDi8SOIbs

If so, I actually think Carolina is the ideal spot for him then. He'll be the unquestioned #1 WR by virtue of being the only WR on the roster to actually have a reception in a regular season game. Play with Cam then cash in next year. Knowing our luck, he'll put up some like 1,200 yards and 10 TDs and then sign a big money deal elsewhere -__-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom