• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

If Caldwell/Lombardi can't fix him no one can, and we'll be rebuilding in two years after wasting Megatron's prime. Nightmare.

I had been a Stafford fan until the second half of last year. I know the Lions have severe issues with drops, but he also was just so off the last few games. He just seemed to have no interest in setting his feet or throwing the ball overhand when he had time.

The word to really describe him is lazy. He should be in better shape. He should take more time to hone his craft as an NFL QB. I picture him as Dirk Diggler, only talking to his arm. I don't think he is a product of Megatron, but he certainly owes a lot of his money to CJ

Tom Penny

Panthers don't really need WR's. The additional leadership role for Cam after releasing locker room cancer Steve Smith should offset any lack of talent.

I had been a Stafford fan until the second half of last year. I know the Lions have severe issues with drops, but he also was just so off the last few games. He just seemed to have no interest in setting his feet or throwing the ball overhand when he had time.

The word to really describe him is lazy. He should be in better shape. He should take more time to hone his craft as an NFL QB. I picture him as Dirk Diggler, only talking to his arm. I don't think he is a product of Megatron, but he certainly owes a lot of his money to CJ

Not sure Caldwell is the guy to change all that either. I feel like as much talent as they have, and yes kas they are good on paper, they will always struggle if Stafford doesn't become more of a role model of a captain.

Speaking of small testicals, I watched Alex Gibney's The Armstrong Lie the other day… good shit.

Marshawn Lynch pt. 2.

Thankfully we got lucky and Lacy is a younger and equal version.
Ruminate over the fact that Ted wouldn't part either with Hawk or a 3rd Rounder for Lynch.

eznark

Banned
Why would the Packers trade any draft pick for Sproles?

And why does everyone forget the Packers won the Super Bowl the year everyone was begging Ted to trade for Lynch?

Bowser

Panthers don't really need WR's. The additional leadership role for Cam after releasing locker room cancer Steve Smith should offset any lack of talent.

Regular Season Receiving Stats (Career)

Cam Newton: 1 rec, 27 yards, 27.0 ypr
WRs currently under contract: 0 rec, 0 yards, 0 ypr

hashtag superb owl

rando14

Regular Season Receiving Stats (Career)

Cam Newton: 1 rec, 27 yards, 27.0 ypr
WRs currently under contract: 0 rec, 0 yards, 0 ypr

hashtag superb owl

Cam has an awesome build, he could be the next Megatron!! Move him to WR, draft a QB (maybe Blake because he's also a big guy), bada bing bada boom, ring.

Sanjuro

Why would the Packers trade any draft pick for Sproles?

And why does everyone forget the Packers won the Super Bowl the year everyone was begging Ted to trade for Lynch?

A fourth or below would be worth it. He isn't a requirement, but I think the receiving back is a vastly more attractive pick than a standard running back.

I miss my Woodhead.

Crisco

Banned
At this point I almost feel like the Panthers are just getting involved with Nicks to drive up the price for whoever eventually does sign him. I don't think anyone else was going to offer him a long term deal before we did, even if it was for little money per year. Now the Colts are going to end up giving him 20 million over 4 years or something stupid like that.

eznark

Banned
And the 2010 team could have run the ball more and not won the Super Bowl.

If's and but's were candy and nuts you might not hate your ginger self.

Tell her you'd let her buy you dinner.

I don't know that's a big commitment

You know a
someday world famous celebrity
published author.

lol I might use this more than once

Ask if her ass is real

I would hope so it's nothing special

BirlWNwIIAAgj0J.jpg

Is she hot?

steph567-1.jpg

Turns out she's a former redskins and miami heat cheerleader :( The dream is dead....

I like that the Raiders are gonna use Woodley as 43 DE and just let him rush the QB. They're not gonna ask him to cover people or do anything else. He seems excited about it as well.

CardsGAF:

Am I crazy for hoping we sign Terrelle Pryor when he's released by Oakland? He's a cheap signing, has huge upside, and is a hard worker.

I really hope that the Eagles sign him if the Raiders dump him.

lol.. you guys know not what you speak.

squicken

http://predictionmachine.com/nfl-draft-2014-top-5-quarterbacks-bridgewater-murray-mccarron

I thought this was a pretty interesting look at the 2014 QBs. Can't say I agree with anything that likes AJ McCarron (though I like Murray), but I do think there's some interesting stuff with Carr and Bortles

Bortles

Bortles has just two years of experience as a starter, playing one season in Conference USA and last season in the America Athletic Conference. He has only played against four ranked opponents these past two seasons. 50 percent of his career interceptions (9) have come in these four games.

The inconsistency in Bortles’ play is evident in his production decline from first and second down to third down, specifically his completion percentage. On first down he completed 70.6 percent of his passes, 75 percent on second down, and 54.3 percent on third down. This reflects a drop of almost 20 percent from second to third down. In fact, most of the elite quarterbacks who have been drafted in the last couple of years, (Luck, RGIII, and Wilson) did not see this significant of a drop in their completion percentage on third down. Russell Wilson, in his lone season at Wisconsin, completed 71.7 percent on first down, 71.8 percent on second down, and 75.3 percent on third down. The great quarterbacks don’t have a significant drop in production and none of them were anywhere close to having a 50 percent completion rate on third down.

Carr

How you play on third down and how you play against pressure are two of the major areas that I focus on when watching a player’s tape. Carr had a hard time playing against pressure this past year. When pressured in the pocket, Carr had a completion rate of only 49 percent.

This season on first down, Carr had a completion rate of 73.9 percent, on second down his completion percentage dropped to 67.7 percent and on third down, he took a major hit, dropping to 58.2 percent. For his career, Carr has the lowest third-down completion rate of any of the draft-eligible quarterbacks.

eznark

Banned
With 77 career touchdown passes, McCarron’s TD/INT ratio was a staggering 5.1. The two other quarterbacks since 2000 with a ratio over 5.0 are Alex Smith and Sam Bradford.

...this is a positive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom