• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

To wash away all the Weeden from earlier, Sammy Watkins put this up today

BitUQQKCcAAQN48.jpg

cdyhybrid

DAT isn't that good. I would take Sproles over him 100% of the time. His best season was his freshman year and he was never really a game-breaker after that. He's too small to regularly play a position. If he lands on a team that knows how to use him, he won't end up like Tavon Austin, but we'll see.

squicken

Raiders fans and beat writers say they are also high on Carr. Obviously it is the lying season, but OAK has been pretty consistent on Carr

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
For those asking about Ben Tate and the #Browns, he’s still there right now. Lengthy visit.

Browns

Tom Penny

I'm going to call it now.

Revis has already peaked and will never be the player he was. Looking forward to Revis Island becoming Revis tugboat or whatever.

So he will just be the best corner in the league but not as good as before. That is feasible since he was a cheat code on the Jets for years.

According to Schefter Manny Sanders is on his way to visit with SF. Steelers didn't want to keep him, Jags didn't want him, KC didn't want him.

Surprised the Pats, who tried to scoop him last year, haven't called him. Especially if Edelman is really gone.

But one look at his lowlight reel from last year can tell you that he has trouble catching a football.

gutshot

DAT isn't that good. I would take Sproles over him 100% of the time. His best season was his freshman year and he was never really a game-breaker after that. He's too small to regularly play a position. If he lands on a team that knows how to use him, he won't end up like Tavon Austin, but we'll see.

Too small?

De'Anthony Thomas: 5'9" 176 lbs
DeSean Jackson: 5'10" 175 lbs

And like you said, he needs to go to a team that knows how to use him. If only there were a team in the NFL with a similar offense to the one in which he played at college...

Colasante

What the hell is Reid doing this offseason? They have lost 3 starters on their OL and havent really done anything.

I'm assuming Reid and Dorsey want to bring in their own players. From the looks of it, they haven't made competitive offers on any of their free agent linemen. It is curious though, especially compared to how active they were in free agency last offseason.

I'm assuming Reid and Dorsey want to bring in their own players. From the looks of it, they haven't made competitive offers on any of their free agent linemen. It is curious though, especially compared to how active they were in free agency last offseason.

I thought that their OL was good last year, weird to see them blow it up.

squicken

He always did pretty well developing OL when in Philly. It's a good draft for OTs and WRs, their two biggest needs. I'm sure they will be the regression team no matter what this year, well aside from CAR

cdyhybrid

Too small?

De'Anthony Thomas: 5'9" 176 lbs
DeSean Jackson: 5'10" 175 lbs

And like you said, he needs to go to a team that knows how to use him. If only there were a team in the NFL with a similar offense to the one in which he played at college...

1) Jackson is a WR, not a RB.
2) Oregon had better talent overall than at least 80-85% of the teams they played. Not gonna be like that in the NFL.
3) He goes down if you get a hand on him.

My team is archrivals with Oregon and he never scared me after his freshman year. Oregon always had bigger threats at (real) RB and QB (once Mariota started playing).

Spinluck

Revis isn't as good as he was in his Jet days, but Belichick has done more with mediocre corners. Him and Revis are a damn good combination, too bad they don't have a NFL tier QB anymore.

Revis isn't as good as he was in his Jet days, but Belichick has done more with mediocre corners. Him and Revis are a damn good combination, too bad they don't have a NFL tier QB anymore.

The Pats are easily a top 10 D now, gonna be a lot of fingers pointing in Brady's direction if the O cant produce enough to get them a SB this year.

Raiders fans and beat writers say they are also high on Carr. Obviously it is the lying season, but OAK has been pretty consistent on Carr

Browns
Guaranteed money seems to be the hold up. I won't be heart broken if we don't sign him though.

Fug Carr, if we take Watkins hope the raiders take Carr right after us.

gutshot

1) Jackson is a WR, not a RB.
2) Oregon had better talent overall than at least 80-85% of the teams they played. Not gonna be like that in the NFL.
3) He goes down if you get a hand on him.

My team is archrivals with Oregon and he never scared me after his freshman year. Oregon always had bigger threats at (real) RB and QB (once Mariota started playing).

In his sophomore year (aka his last year with Chip), he had over 1,700 all-purpose yards and 18 TDs (11 rushing, 5 receiving, 2 returns). Maybe he just had off-days when he faced you guys?

cdyhybrid

In his sophomore year (aka his last year with Chip), he had over 1,700 all-purpose yards and 18 TDs (11 rushing, 5 receiving, 2 returns). Maybe he just had off-days when he faced you guys?

Again, it's easy to do that when you're faster than every single guy on the other team (including mine). My point was that any success he had against us (or any of those other teams), any of their RBs would have had. He's a pretty good kick returner. I just don't see how you could possibly take a 5th-round 175lb RB over a guy who has proven he can do it for years at the pro level.

Spinluck

The Pats are easily a top 10 D now, gonna be a lot of fingers pointing in Brady's direction if the O cant produce enough to get them a SB this year.

Yeah, I have come to terms with the fact that whatever they try, will work. They will win the East again.

They will play like a different team than last year, and have success. It seems like they're going for balance, good offense, solid defense. Bill will hide their weaknesses and will draft a NT, and Chandler Jones will only get better.

It seems that they finally realize that defense was a big reason for their success* over a decade ago. Revis is Ty Law/Samuels 2.0, Chandler is better Teddy, and they were hoping to get Browner or some other thug at S to be Rodney Harrison- they'll probably draft one along with Wilfork's replacement. They also need to find a replacement for Willie too, hopefully they can find someone who's as good at faking injuries. Don't think they'll find a Kicker with the balls of Vinny though!

I wonder who will be their
camera man
this time. If they are really looking to emulate past success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom