• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Everyone making their little jokes about Toms masculinity are just insanely jealous individuals.

Guy is banging a super model, has millions of dollars and 3 rings.

Respect!

Colasante

BJ Raji resigns with the Packers on a one year deal. Ted Thompson wins again. Dumb Raji. Though this doesn't help at all in creating the more athletic defensive line he'd envisioned.

Pryor got a run rating over twice as much as Vicks. Dalton is almost as good a runner as Fraudgers. Kap is a worse runner then small hands, this list is amazing.

Hunter S.

Everyone making their little jokes about Toms masculinity are just insanely jealous individuals.

Guy is banging a super model, has millions of dollars and 3 rings.

Respect!
What? I make fun of him because he is a long time winning Patriot playing in the AFC. You ugly individuals might get jealous because you are an ugg. But not me.

rando14

BJ Raji resigns with the Packers on a one year deal. Ted Thompson wins again. Dumb Raji. Though this doesn't help at all in creating the more athletic defensive line he'd envisioned.

Didn't he turn down a (obvious overpay) deal earlier? Lol raji

At least Greg will be happy!!

Colasante

Didn't he turn down a (obvious overpay) deal earlier? Lol raji

At least Greg will be happy!!

I believe he turned down a multi year deal that averaged $8 million during the season. No way this deal will come close to that now.

Edit: $4 million for one year. Dumb Raji.

Aggie QB. Will never really amount to anything like another former Aggie QB I know...

Can't wait to see him in a Texans uniform.

i1qRE1HMpva0.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So he will just be the best corner in the league but not as good as before. That is feasible since he was a cheat code on the Jets for years.

I'm going to say he'll be in the top 10 but not even the top 5. He'll still be good but he won't be Seahawks with Cheatin' Pete and Adderall good.

All of our players are coming home because the rest of the league is figuring out that our players are mediocre at best. We have some of the dumbest defensive players in the league...makes me think that Capers is putting paint chips into their food.

rando14

I believe he turned down a multi year deal that averaged $8 million during the season. No way this deal will come close to that now.

Edit: $4 million for one year. Dumb Raji.

Just looked it up, I think he was offered $8 mil per/20 guaranteed a couple years ago.

Damn, missing out on that kind of moneey must be devastating

In his sophomore year (aka his last year with Chip), he had over 1,700 all-purpose yards and 18 TDs (11 rushing, 5 receiving, 2 returns). Maybe he just had off-days when he faced you guys?

DAT was a poor man's Reggie Bush in college.

In DAT's sophomore season they played the following ranked teams:

#22 Arizona
#23 Washington
#18 USC
#14 Stanford
#16 Oregon State
#7 Kansas State

His stats in those games:

va UA:
12 carries 48 yards 0 TD
2 catches 11 yards 0 TD
1 punt return 38 yards 0 TD

vs UW
10 carries 75 yards 1 TD
1 catch 12 yards 0 TD
2 kick returns 35 yards 0 TD

vs USC
3 carries 9 yards 0 TD
5 catches 59 yards 1 TD
3 kick returns 68 yards 0 TD

vs Stanford
7 carries 43 yards 1 TD
3 catches 3 yards 0 TD
2 kick returns 26 yards 0 TD
1 punt return 2 yards 0 TD

vs Oregon State
17 carries 122 yards 3 TD
1 catch 4 yards 0 TD
2 kick returns 61 yards 0 TD

vs K-State
2 carries 15 yards 0 TD
4 catches 60 yards 1 TD
2 kick returns 120 yards 1 TD

He's very boom or bust against good teams.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 39s
Broncos fee-agent CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is scheduled to fly to New York tonight to meet with the Jets, per team source.

cdyhybrid

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 2m
Jets right tackle Breno Giacomini's deal, per source: 4 years, max value of $19.25 million with $7M fully guaranteed. $3.5 up front. #nyj

rando14

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 2m
Jets right tackle Breno Giacomini's deal, per source: 4 years, max value of $19.25 million with $7M fully guaranteed. $3.5 up front. #nyj

Wow that's more than I thought. Good for breno, but I wouldnt want to pay him that imo

squicken

DeAngelo Hall and Richard Sherman disagreed with each other’s disagreement on Twitter last night, and the feud has some broader implications. Namely, Larry Fitzgerald’s charity softball game, which was the site of an infamous dust-up between Sherman and Michael Crabtree last offseason that served as the precursor to the Seattle cornerback’s rabid diatribe to America and Erin Andrews. Are the scheduled guests a recipe for a Molotov cocktail?

Calling into DC’s 106.7 The Fan today, Hall noted that Fitzgerald rang him up and pleaded for there to be no shenanigans at the event this year. “You know, I had Larry Fitzgerald call me,” Hall said, via DC Sports Bog. “I’m supposed to be in his softball game this summer. The same softball game that Sherman and [Michael] Crabtree got into it at. And [Fitzgerald] said hey, you know Crabtree’s gonna be there, Sherman’s gonna be there, you’re gonna be there, I don’t want any trouble. It’s not that kind of party bro. And I just kind of told him how it went down and he understood.”
http://thebiglead.com/2014/03/14/la...t-charity-softball-game/#sthash.UQzDXwg4.uxfs

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Raji deal:

I wonder if he thought he would get more and turned down their earlier offer, or if his agent convinced him to go for more. Losing $4m is a big loss.

Another prediction but this time it's more obvious.

Raji will never, ever get an offer as good as the one initially offered to him.

Taking a one year "prove it" deal for $4 million is beyond Green Bay's wildest expectations for what could have happened.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Doesn't look like it yet but we'll probably have to wait for his agent to finish up his co-ed softball game to know for sure.

He has poker night with the guys after.

Then there's the church bake-off this weekend.

Look, he's a busy man just trying to enjoy himself. What's with all this contract talk anyway?

He has poker night with the guys after.

Then there's the church bake-off this weekend.

Look, he's a busy man just trying to enjoy himself. What's with all this contract talk anyway?

Frankly, if I was him I'd be pretty pissed off at Browner. Who talks business on a thirsty thursday?

Sorry Phins bros, but that's the wost FA signing of the offseason. He's done
Agreed 100%. I just lost a ton of faith in Hickey, how can you be this stupid? He isn't providing depth, that implies that he is actually capable of playing the position at a moderately acceptable level.

Ugh.

Plus he's such a little bitch.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's karma for Mech joining the dark side, he'll be on the team forever if he doesn't quit.

As soon as Mech repents of his sinful Brady loving ways, Schaub will be exiled from Houston.

That said, I'd rather have Schaub than a number of the quarterbacks in the league. He's awfully close statistically to a guy like Jay Cutler anyway. Texans fans are just smarter than Chicago fans in their blame though.

As soon as Mech repents of his sinful Brady loving ways, Schaub will be exiled from Houston.

That said, I'd rather have Schaub than a number of the quarterbacks in the league. He's awfully close statistically to a guy like Jay Cutler anyway. Texans fans are just smarter than Chicago fans in their blame though.
Stats don't tell the whole story, though. Schaub is completely shot mentally.

brentech

Just looked it up, I think he was offered $8 mil per/20 guaranteed a couple years ago.

Damn, missing out on that kind of moneey must be devastating

yeah, I know he had a better offer during the season. Dude doesn't understand how people see his work ethic. He's had good times, but they're few and far between.

Dan Graziano ✔ @DanGrazianoESPN

Giants officially announce the re-signing of LB Jon Beason. They don't say for how long, but we're told it's 3 yrs, $19M, $7M guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom