• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Stats don't tell the whole story, though. Schaub is completely shot mentally.

Stats aren't an end all be all for sure. Otherwise Romo would have at least one Owl win.

I think they both represent the reality that those teams are just going to spin their wheels season after season as long as they're the quarterback though.

Frankly, I love the lifetime contract Chicago more or less gave Cutler.

Dan Graziano ✔ @DanGrazianoESPN

Giants officially announce the re-signing of LB Jon Beason. They don't say for how long, but we're told it's 3 yrs, $19M, $7M guaranteed.
The way its structured he stands to make 12 million in the first two years if he stays healthy. As mentioned yesterday, it's an overpay IMO but for a team as desperate for Linebackers as the Giants they weren't in a position to let him walk.

We have enough holes as it is. No way we walk into the draft with a big gaping one at MIKE.

MechDX

http://predictionmachine.com/nfl-draft-2014-top-5-quarterbacks-bridgewater-murray-mccarron

Can someone explain to me how Teddy is not a top five pick? He looks like most NFL ready QB heading into this draft. I'm hearing noise that teams feel he isn't a top 10 pick.

Doesn't have the physical abilities of Bortles or the charisma of JFF so no one is talking about him. Nothing for the media to latch on to.

If the Texans take a QB at 1 it will be Teddy. BOB just ignores questions about him but talked about Bortles and Manziel openly.

The biggest problem for the Eagles in the playoffs last year was the Saints running the ball right up the gut. I am really surprised that the Eagles have not tried to get a bigger run stopping DT.

MechDX

He's not wrong though, there literally is nobody else in FA right now...I mean Vick? Lol Texans will keep Schaub and draft Manziel unless Mech repents for his sins.

No matter if schaub remains.
Don't matter if we daft Manziel.

The Miami Dolphins have NEVER beaten the Houston Texans in the lifetime.

0-7.....and Scahub won the last 3

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Bucs sign EDS. Hope it works out better for them than the last GB free agent center

Probably not a great career move.

I'm a little bummed out because of what I've said before - the position has not been consistent.

Here's hoping we draft something this year for a long term replacement.

squicken

Okay, now we can move Zuttah to guard to replace Joseph. Still would like some more depth on the o-line. Still excited.

Any details on the contract?

P. Schrager ‏@PSchrags 8m

Reporting that Tampa Bay has signed former Packers center Evan Dietrich-Smith to a 4 year, $14.25 deal.

$7.25m guaranteed. I guess there were 4 teams interested

e

wut

Narag

Is that the same thug that besmirched the spirit of sportsmanship in his premeditated attempt to end Suh's career by untying his shoes?

De La Puente is still out there at Center from the Saints. Giants are apparently still inquiring on him as well though how recently is not known.

We just signed JD Walton so I'm not sure how real that is.

No deal, but it sounds like Finley really wants to play for Seattle.

Player wants to play for recent Super Bowl champs. Shock and awe.;)

Bowser

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 3m
#Panthers signed TE Mike McNeill to a 2-year deal. McNeill is a 3rd-yr player, caught 5 passes for 36 yards in 2 seasons with #Rams.

#gettlemagic

Colasante

Super Bowl 39 replay on NFL Network right now. Bruschi just intercepted McNabb in the 4th quarter. What a wonderful game!

Tedy_3x.jpg

Colasante

In other news, Peanut Tillman resigns with the Bears on a one year deal. Surprised he's not reuniting with Lovie in Tampa.

They knew that play was being called based on the tapes. Cheaters cheat.

Nah, just McNabb doing what McNabb do.

Yeah it is such an amazing accomplishment beating a team without its TE, and with a one legged TO, when you know all their plays.

But for real, why did the Eagles take so much time off the clock at the end? I've never understood what McNabb and Reid were thinking.

In other news, Peanut Tillman resigns with the Bears on a one year deal. Surprised he's not reuniting with Lovie in Tampa.

Nah, just McNabb doing what McNabb do.

But for real, why did the Eagles take so much time off the clock at the end? I've never understood what McNabb and Reid were thinking.

No idea, Mcnabb always struggled in the hurry up offense. Even when he left the Eagles he couldnt do it. The Skins tried using a different QB in those situations but it didnt work.

Tom Penny

Can't remember but if we lost to the Pats in the playoffs it was because they cheated us.

The tapes prove it, but of course Goodell burned them.

I have to admit the best was in 2001 when the Pats stole the Steelers FG signal and the Steelers actually attempted a FG and they knew it so they blocked it and Troy Brown returned it for a TD. Equally impressive is Troy Brown knowing that he should return a punt for TD and stolen film told him not to fair catch.

Well Percy has approximately a 0.1% chance of being healthy during the season so Ginn already has a much better shot just due to that!!

In regards to dark souls, that game kicks my ass, it's pretty tough!! There's some co-op which is awesome for bosses. Actually kas and I are planning to play tonight, should be fun
All I know about the series is that it's a dungeon crawler and really hard. I play RPGs for the crazy stories so don't typically play dungeon crawlers. That's cool that it has coop though, adds a lot of value in my eyes and would make a crawler far more tolerable.
http://predictionmachine.com/nfl-draft-2014-top-5-quarterbacks-bridgewater-murray-mccarron

Can someone explain to me how Teddy is not a top five pick? He looks like most NFL ready QB heading into this draft. I'm hearing noise that teams feel he isn't a top 10 pick.
Let him fall to 20 and we will laugh our way up to the podium

Colasante

Aw, young Wilfork on the sidelines. Bill hugging RAC and Weiss. Bill and Papa Belichick getting the Gatorade bath from Bruschi. Let's just hope the mercenary can help bring back another championship, it's been too long.

All I know about the series is that it's a dungeon crawler and really hard. I play RPGs for the crazy stories so don't typically play dungeon crawlers. That's cool that it has coop though, adds a lot of value in my eyes and would make a crawler far more tolerable.

Let him fall to 20 and we will laugh our way up to the podium

I'm half convinced the lack of Bridgewater hype is a deliberate attempt by all the top teams to avoid mentioning him in the hopes that he falls to them. It makes no sense to me. He's a bit thin, but he has everything else you would look for in a franchise QB.

I have to admit the best was in 2001 when the Pats stole the Steelers FG signal and the Steelers actually attempted a FG and they knew it so they blocked it and Troy Brown returned it for a TD. Equally impressive is Troy Brown knowing that he should return a punt for TD and stolen film told him not to fair catch.

Its way more impressive that they have gone 10 years now without winning a SB and it just happens to coincide with them having their cameras taken away. What a remarkable coincidence!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Aw, young Wilfork on the sidelines. Bill hugging RAC and Weiss. Bill and Papa Belichick getting the Gatorade bath from Bruschi. Let's just hope the mercenary can help bring back another championship, it's been too long.

They can't without at least one more offensive weapon sunce dobson gronk and amendola will end up on ir very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom