• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So they have an out before the start of the league year every year pretty much through 2019. It's very likely he sees the full guarantee unless something catastrophic happens but for right now, it's 60M fully guaranteed in 2017 which is the realistic value of the contract. Still curious to see what his signing bonus was.

EDIT: More:

Figured as much.

The top end qb contracts may as well be fully guaranteed. They're already largely guaranteed and qb's are too important. The only way a team wants to get out of one is if there's a major injury or the qb wasn't worth it in the first place.

The top end qb contracts may as well be fully guaranteed. They're already largely guaranteed and qb's are too important. The only way a team wants to get out of one is if there's a major injury or the qb wasn't worth it in the first place.
Well of course. As stated, its likely he'll see all of that money. I just can't stand the whole "5 billion/6 years, MONSTER DEAL blah blah blah" shit that gets reported every single time when its usually better to wait for the details and you get a more reasonable picture of how a deal of constructed.

Luck will do just fine either way. He's getting 44 million to play this year. I think his bank account will be able to survive.;)

Well of course. As stated, its likely he'll see all of that money. I just can't stand the whole "5 billion/6 years, MONSTER DEAL blah blah blah" shit that gets reported every single time.

What's the cap for the colts at now? If they have the room they should just front load it now and they won't have the massive hits in a few years....what Miami could have done with Suh before they restructured...

I'm just being patient until the regular season starts, is all.

Try harder, Chris.

Eh I'm fishing for mech, you're cool.

What's the cap for the colts at now? If they have the room they should just front load it now and they won't have the massive hits in a few years....what Miami could have done with Suh before they restructured...
Well that appears to be what they've done. All of the guaranteed money is payed out by year 3, afterall. Any dead money is negligible by that point so they can either choose to keep paying him whatever base salary/bonuses they've worked out in the deal, restructure or outright cut him (not likely).

Well that appears to be what they've done. All of the guaranteed money is payed out by year 3, afterall. Any dead money is negligible by that point so they can either choose to keep paying him whatever base salary/bonuses they've worked out in the deal, restructure or outright cut him (not likely).

So it's not the team destroying contract everyone always tries to make these out to be....god the off-season is the worst.

So it's not the team destroying contract everyone always tries to make these out to be....god the off-season is the worst.
With the cap rising at the pace that it is? Not likely, no.Colts have 15 million in cap space ATM and its doubtful that Luck will cost them much more than the 16 million in cap space he's eating up right now considering his base salary with the deal is 12 million and the massive signing bonus is a bulk of what he's getting up front.

With the cap rising at the pace that it is? Not likely, no.Colts have 15 million in cap space ATM and its doubtful that Luck will cost them much more than the 16 million in cap space he's eating up right now considering his base salary with the deal is 12 million and the massive signing bonus is a bulk of what he's getting up front.

Figured as much, Miami is actually good at doing that with contracts surprisingly, which is why we always seem to have room for big FA

Hold on. How do they still have cap room after all that?

Math

Hold on. How do they still have cap room after all that?
The signing bonus is prorated over the length of the remaining years of the contract. It's not some massive hit that goes right to the cap. Luck already accounted for 16 million of the Colts cap prior to the deal. His base salary in 2016 is 12 million according to sources. The length of the remaining contract is 5 years. If you prorate the 32 million signing bonus evenly across those 5 years of the deal - it's an additional 6.4 million/yr. So Andrew is only eating up about 18 million in cap space after the deal. That doesn't take into account any roster/workout bonuses they might have included.

That number will rise next year as his base salary increases and additional bonuses are taken into account.

Why would you give $80m guaranteed to a guy who had a lacerated kidney last year, don't they know that kidneys are two bean-shaped organs, each about the size of a fist. They are located just below the rib cage, one on each side of the spine. Every day, the two kidneys filter about 120 to 150 quarts of blood to produce about 1 to 2 quarts of urine, composed of wastes and extra fluid.

Damn did you get the college educate just as Bionic?

At least you don't pour beer over your laptop in the bar.

Line_HTX

The signing bonus is prorated over the length of the remaining years of the contract. It's not some massive hit that goes right to the cap. Luck already accounted for 16 million of the Colts cap prior to the deal. His base salary in 2016 is 12 million according to sources. The length of the remaining contract is 5 years. If you prorate the 32 million signing bonus evenly across those 5 years of the deal - it's an additional 6.4 million/yr. So Andrew is only eating up about 18 million in cap space after the deal. That doesn't take into account any roster/workout bonuses they might have included.

That number will rise next year as his base salary increases and additional bonuses are taken into account.

Oh OK, that makes a lot more sense now.

Pretty good deal there on both sides.

Bread

Banned
I'm so happy you're my teacher.

Bionic's (<-- see this proper grammer) teacher must have been super not smart.
There's lots of things they don't teach you in school my friend. Things like writing, spelling, grammar, and math. I taught myself those things outside of the classroom.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Man, listening to people talk about the Buddy Ryan era on sports radio this week has been infuriating to me. I have basically no memory of Buddy Ryan since I was maybe 5 when he was replaced so maybe it's because I have zero nostalgia for him. Ray Rhodes is like the first coach I have clear memories of.

Anyway, listening to people trash Andy Reid, the best and most successful coach in Eagles history while simultaneously holding up Buddy Ryan as the best coach ever, when he did fucking nothing with the team, is ridiculous. I will never understand the hatred for Reid. Hell, Kotite and Rhodes won more playoff games with the Eagles than Ryan.

A lot of Eagles fans seem like an entitled bunch even though they've never won a title.

I never understood the hate for Andy Reid either the guy is a great coach and is constantly taking his teams to the playoffs (and even a Super Bowl).

He's been doing great in Kansas City thus far.

And holy shit at the Andrew Luck contract. It's a Quarterback league.

Jeff Samardjzia makes more money than Mr. "Most Guaranteed Money in the History of the NFL", didn't lacerate his kidney playing his craft, and probably will have full motor functions by the time he turns 60.

#PlayBaseball

cdyhybrid

OcpyIKJ.png

Drakeon

Jeff Samardjzia makes more money than Mr. "Most Guaranteed Money in the History of the NFL", didn't lacerate his kidney playing his craft, and probably will have full motor functions by the time he turns 60.

#PlayBaseball

Is there a reason Baseball contacts are so fucking ridiculous compared to every other sport? Keep in mind I know next to nothing about the sport.

Is there a reason Baseball contacts are so fucking ridiculous compared to every other sport? Keep in mind I know next to nothing about the sport.

One of the strongest labor unions in the US
Lucrative regional TV contracts
No salary cap

As a result, it's like crisco said, the big market teams have shittons of money to spend and nothing to limit how much they have to spend (other than revenue sharing which is a drop in the bucket to a team like the Yankees)

Interestingly though, when you actually sit down and look who's won what, baseball has really strong parity even compared to the NFL (and especially compared to the NBA).

How long did the update take? I'm at 43% and it automatically started this morning.

All good though been playing a bit of INSIDE and the game is absolutely brilliant.

Marvin Jones soon to be on that list joining Golden Tate.

Not too long but my connection is pretty good. Tempted by Inside after all the reviews so I started playing Limbo yesterday as I'd never played it before, pretty good game. How does Inside compare?

Cameron "Icon" Newton launches his own TV production company in partnership with the people behind Top Chef.

Swagfather has his own clothing line, making his own TV shows and shit

#thatsmyQB
#blackboyfly
#KingOfNewAtlanta

Which one of you hating ass mafuckas is going to run in here with that "But he didn't pick up the ball hahahahahaha" shit

#PlayBaseball

I had to Google Jeff, Baseball isn't as popular as Football..

#Fuckbaseball
#JulyTrainingcamps
#1dayfromJuly

Top Bottom