• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

Some times I think that pff just throws stuff out there. Eagles had so many running plays blown up in the back field. Guys were getting got the instant they got the ball.

Hindl

All that shit changes if you have a girl though. If you have a girl and they have the right build, get them into rowing, lacrosse, or field hockey. If they're any good they'll be set for colleges.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 4m4 minutes ago

Report: Johnny Manziel to be suspended four games by NFL for violating the substance abuse policy

e -

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 23s24 seconds ago

Sheldon Richardson has been suspended for the first game of 2016 season for personal conduct policy violation.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Man, screw Amazon and their reported five 9s of uptime. My server went down at 5:30am last night and never recovered. I had to launch a new server instance and configure it and we lost 5 hours of data. Part my fault cause I didn't have the alarms configured correctly to contact me for this type of outage. Oh well. My head is killing me.

What's your SLA like with them? If you have a pretty tight set of expectations in your contract, you should jump on that.

Being good at baseball is like hitting the lottery. Tons of players have all the tools, the power, the speed, athleticism, but can't hit a ball for shit and go nowhere.

Want a famous example?

macho-man-randy-savage-1_original.jpg

What's your SLA like with them? If you have a pretty tight set of expectations in your contract, you should jump on that.

It's just the standard AWS SLA. They hold all the cards in it. Honestly though this is the first outage I can pin on them in over a year, and I don't know for sure that it was all their fault. Generally I am a huge fan of AWS. Ever used it?

bionic77

Being good at baseball is like hitting the lottery. Tons of players have all the tools, the power, the speed, athleticism, but can't hit a ball for shit and go nowhere.

Want a famous example?

macho-man-randy-savage-1_original.jpg
Becoming a pro athlete in almost any sport is like winning the lottery.

But the sport that is hardest to make it is clearly the NBA. There are only like 300 spots and the players on average have pretty decent length careers (I think it is like 6-8 years). Baseball is easier just by virtue of there being way more roster spots on every team. Football is probably the easiest to make it because every team has like 60 players on it and their lifespan is a little longer than fruit flies.

Though it is harder to hit a fastball than it is to dunk a basketball or make a 3 point shot.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It's just the standard AWS SLA. They hold all the cards in it. Honestly though this is the first outage I can pin on them in over a year, and I don't know for sure that it was all their fault. Generally I am a huge fan of AWS. Ever used it?

AWS in general is pretty good, yes. I think only really big tech companies (i.e. the ones with large enough legal departments to bother going through the negotiations) can get away with a custom SLA with them.

Spinluck

But the sport that is hardest to make it is clearly the NBA. There are only like 300 spots and the players on average have pretty decent length careers (I think it is like 6-8 years). Baseball is easier just by virtue of there being way more roster spots on every team. Football is probably the easiest to make it because every team has like 60 players on it and their lifespan is a little longer than fruit flies.

Though it is harder to hit a fastball than it is to dunk a basketball or make a 3 point shot.

Soccer seems kind of hard to make it in too. 99% of the population couldn't last that long on a field.

True there are less spots, but the reason there are so many spots in baseball is because there is a massive gulf in talent, even on one team. Every MLB roster right now has at least 2 players who were in Double or Triple A earlier on this season.

Also once you make the NBA you're likely there for good (unless you're Anthony Bennett). Meanwhile in baseball in your career you'll probably spend more than a few stints in the minor leagues dealing with injury, or trying to find/regain your swing.

AWS in general is pretty good, yes. I think only really big tech companies (i.e. the ones with large enough legal departments to bother going through the negotiations) can get away with a custom SLA with them.

The problem is that the seed node on our Cassandra cluster went down. We don't have the cash to have a fully redundant cluster, so we just lost the data. To get full resilience to a single node failure we'd need four instances running. That way we could have a replication factor of 2 and half the token space on each node. I don't get paid enough to be the System Administrator and Software Architect for this company :\

bionic77

Soccer seems kind of hard to make it in too. 99% of the population couldn't last that long on a field.
It depends on you define professional. There are a million pro soccer teams in the world (rounding up). I think that a lot of people probably just look to Europe for pro soccer, which has only about a few thousand professional teams.

Speaking of soccer. Some guy named Zangief or something like that just agreed to play soccer in England for that one team that is so big there! Holy shitballs! That was a real corker of a newspaper story! --> This is what I hear when my friends are talking about pro soccer.

Bread

Banned
Absolutely disgusting that the NFL would suspend him. They know he needs the money for rehab, now he'll probably spiral into a drug and alcohol induced depression. This is your fault Rodger Goodel.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I miss ez

You miss quality informed opinions about the Packers and most of football?

Me too. I wish I had the interest in the sport as much as him and others to know who these bubble guys are or how intricate some of the offensive and defensive systems can be.

Bread

Banned

Me too. I wish I had the interest in the sport as much as him and others to know who these bubble guys are or how intricate some of the offensive and defensive systems can be.
keep it in your pants wienke smh

"Quality informed opinions"

Lmao, you're really stretching it here bruh

bionic77

I can give you quality informed opinions of the Packers and most of football.

The Packers will win the NFC North again. The criteria for winning this division is twofold. One must show up (this already disqualifies the Bears, they don't have this capability but they are hopeful that with a new system and some good draft picks they might be able to get there in another 2 years) and secondly the team must have at least average talent with the ability to run high level high school plays (this disqualifies the Vikings and Lions).

The Packers will rack up impressive stats and an impressive record in the regular season, but when it gets cold and the playoffs start at home they will shrivel faster than Aaron's penis when he is confronted by Olivia's naked body.

Hindl

I can give you quality informed opinions of the Packers and most of football.

The Packers will win the NFC North again. The criteria for winning this division is twofold. One must show up (this already disqualifies the Bears, they don't have this capability but they are hopeful that with a new system and some good draft picks they might be able to get there in another 2 years) and secondly the team must have at least average talent with the ability to run high level high school plays (this disqualifies the Vikings and Lions).

The Packers will rack up impressive stats and an impressive record in the regular season, but when it gets cold and the playoffs start at home they will shrivel faster than Aaron's penis when he is confronted by Olivia's naked body.

Vikings won the North last year. It could happen again

Man, screw Amazon and their reported five 9s of uptime. My server went down at 5:30am last night and never recovered. I had to launch a new server instance and configure it and we lost 5 hours of data. Part my fault cause I didn't have the alarms configured correctly to contact me for this type of outage. Oh well. My head is killing me.

I don't get how PFF rated the Eagles as the second best run blocking team last year. Run game was as garbage as the receivers.

LinuxONE!

squicken

Doesn't seem fair that a guy who isn't on a team can be suspended. Seems like the Browns, or any team, shouldn't be able to recoup salary and bonus money from a guy they fired

I remember when I picked against the Packers in the NFC North.

And I was almost right. Except the only thing in my way was Mtthew Stafford beating a team with a winning record on the road. Which means I wasn't anywhere actually close to being right. (Kas going to run in here talmabout how the Lions beat the Packers in Lambeau last year.)

Never again.

I don't know what my yearlong avy bet will be this year. Maybe I'll finally bet on my own team instead of relying on fat lards and crooked judges.

Top Bottom