• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

Hindl

Well it cant be worse then last years, that is for sure. If the WR's can catch and they get any rushing game at all Bradford should have a really good year.

That's a pretty big if. Matthews is the only receiver worth a shit at the moment and his main issue is drops. Plus he's a solid #2 but not a #1. Unless Agholor steps up we'll have to go back to the well next draft

I'm not sure Pokemon go is really a video game. It's like an interactive augmented reality walking app.

I don't think it really needs to be more than that. Once they add in trainer battles and trading I think that'll help give it longevity, but for now it's engaging to my friends that had no interest in video games on its own. People who actually play games keep calling it thin, which it is, but I don't think the casual consumer really cares about that.

That's a pretty big if. Matthews is the only receiver worth a shit at the moment and his main issue is drops. Plus he's a solid #2 but not a #1. Unless Agholor steps up we'll have to go back to the well next draft

I don't think it really needs to be more than that. Once they add in trainer battles and trading I think that'll help give it longevity, but for now it's engaging to my friends that had no interest in video games on its own. People who actually play games keep calling it thin, which it is, but I don't think the casual consumer really cares about that.

Yeah I will give howie credit for fixing the OL but they did nothing to help the WR's at all. That group is my biggest concern going into the season.

bionic77

My parents never bothered to teach me how to ride a bike. I had to learn by myself in college.
That's so weird.

I know times have changed but I can't imagine growing up without learning how to ride a bike.

Then again they didn't have Genesis or Playstation when I was a kid. Maybe if they did me and all of my fiends would have said fuck it to bikes and just spent all of our time with Altered Beast and Sonic.

That's so weird.

I know times have changed but I can't imagine growing up without learning how to ride a bike.

Then again they didn't have Genesis or Playstation when I was a kid. Maybe if they did me and all of my fiends would have said fuck it to bikes and just spent all of our time with Altered Beast and Sonic.

You were already grown up in 1988? How old are you?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
That's so weird.

We had Ataris, Commodores and Amigas, and the NES. Yet we still managed to play outside a good portion of the time. Biking around the neighborhood until the sun started to go down, football games in the street using parked cars as endzone markers.

Probably helps that there wasn't a lot of games really available and we usually ended up only playing a few games for several months over and over again, most of which didn't take too long to complete.

Line_HTX

Riding bikes doesn't take that long to get used to. I guess like everything else it's just repetition and getting enough speed.

he is donald trump
That would explain so much.

I used to ride a bike every day when I lived on the East coast but I sold it when we moved to Vegas since I needed money so much. My daughter is only 2 but I talk to her about riding bikes almost everyday. I cant wait until she is old enough to get a bike.

That's so weird.

It's partly a result of growing up in Texas where it's so hot and everything is so spread out.

It's partly the result of being the youngest child and having siblings that were a handful. My parents also forgot to teach me how to tie my shoes. My sister finally realized I didn't know how and taught me in first grade.

That's so weird.

My parents didn't teach me either. A neighbor kid brought his bike over when I was like five or six. It took me all of five minutes to figure out how to ride it after seeing him do it. The problem is parents teach kids way too early. Teaching your 3 year old to ride a bike is probably annoying as shit and super time consuming. By the time a kid is 6 they'll probably take to riding a bike like a fish to water. I and my younger brother both did. It was ridiculously easy. A damn 3 year old doesn't need to ride a bike, they can barely run.

bionic77

We had Ataris, Commodores and Amigas, and the NES. Yet we still managed to play outside a good portion of the time. Biking around the neighborhood until the sun started to go down, football games in the street using parked cars as endzone markers.

Probably helps that there wasn't a lot of games really available and we usually ended up only playing a few games for several months over and over again, most of which didn't take too long to complete.
I liked the Atari when it was all I had, but in retrospect it was garbage. It was way more fun to play a game on a real computer or at the arcade.

To me home consoles started with super mario bros, which is hard to describe to the kids today how fucking mind blowing that game was at the time because it seems so simple today. But at the time that was a total holy fuck moment.

I learned how to ride a bike before we had videogames though but as you said me and my friends still played outside even after the NES came out.

Crisco

Banned
I definitely got into video games before riding a bike, as I got an NES for my 2nd birthday (I think), but I definitely was taught how to ride a bike as soon as I was able.

Greg

my brothers wouldn't let me practice riding in the yard

told me to eat shit in the gravel until I figured it out

bionic77

Nes came out in 1985. So if well means 3 years you were riding a bike in 1982.
Stop trying to age me!

I will say I could ride without training wheels when I was 5. I think my first bike were those garbage big wheels with the emergency brake that must have caused millions of serious injuries to small children everywhere.

I can't until my kids are old enough to ride their bikes so we can go on trails and shit.

It's partly a result of growing up in Texas where it's so hot and everything is so spread out.

It's partly the result of being the youngest child and having siblings that were a handful. My parents also forgot to teach me how to tie my shoes. My sister finally realized I didn't know how and taught me in first grade.
Did your parents just forget about you

Hindl

Yeah I will give howie credit for fixing the OL but they did nothing to help the WR's at all. That group is my biggest concern going into the season.

Yeah definitely, although we only had limited resources. I'd rather shore up the OL and basically have the core of our team locked up for the next 4-6 years than land a big WR. Our defense will help give Bradford more chances, and the improved OL will actually give him time to throw and open up the running game a bit. Yeah this year the WRs will suck, but hopefully next year we can make a bigger FA WR signing than Randle and Givens and find a WR in the draft. Though personally I'd rather spend our 2nd and 3rd on one of the star RBs that fall and get some more OL talent. Howie did well to stock up the OL, but we still need more bodies there, especially at OT

Yeah definitely, although we only had limited resources. I'd rather shore up the OL and basically have the core of our team locked up for the next 4-6 years than land a big WR. Our defense will help give Bradford more chances, and the improved OL will actually give him time to throw and open up the running game a bit. Yeah this year the WRs will suck, but hopefully next year we can make a bigger FA WR signing than Randle and Givens and find a WR in the draft. Though personally I'd rather spend our 2nd and 3rd on one of the star RBs that fall and get some more OL talent. Howie did well to stock up the OL, but we still need more bodies there, especially at OT

Man if Peters goes down again they are so fucked at OT. Lane didnt exactly impress either when he moved over to LT. Obviously with his contract he is going to be the LT of the future but they have to find another good OT, either through the draft next year or FA. Even thought they are going to be a bad team this year there is still a lot to watch at least. I am really curious to see how Bradford does in this offense.

jmdajr

Scavenging around Discovery Green all day, haven't ya?

:p

Nope. Houston Ballet and Market Square. I plan to venture out more Friday.
I wonder if Pokemon hide in the Houston underground tunnels.

I can also see someone being killed by the Metro Train.

Riding bikes was the best as a kid, I drove by my old neighborhood last week too and I remembered biking up and down those streets all day long, good times. I probably forgot how to ride a bike now though, it's been at least 15 years since I rode one.

jmdajr

Wait... where are there underground tunnels?

:O

Never been there? They are all over the business district. No one is a sucker to be walking in the heat.

3e5d6ac45928284bce87adb88a971b3b.jpg

Hindl

Man if Peters goes down again they are so fucked at OT. Lane didnt exactly impress either when he moved over to LT. Obviously with his contract he is going to be the LT of the future but they have to find another good OT, either through the draft next year or FA. Even thought they are going to be a bad team this year there is still a lot to watch at least. I am really curious to see how Bradford does in this offense.

It's not an if so much as when. I love Peters but have no faith that he'll make it through the season. Lane did alright at LT, it's just that Peters was so good that there was a dropoff. I know he won't be as good as Peters but I think he'll develop into a Top 10 LT eventually. On the RT side I hope Vaitai pans out, but I'm not planning on it. I really think if there's a stud RT in the 2nd/3rd available next year we should grab them. One thing I do like about Doug being an Andy Reid clone is that he believes in building through the trenches.

And yeah it's weird to be excited about a 7-9 team but it'll be interesting to see. Our WR may suck but Bradford and Ertz really developed a connection toward the end of the season, and the KC offense really liked focusing on the TE. That's probably the most interesting part of next year aside from the defense that I want to see.

Bread

Banned
the xbox one deals are insane for prime day, you'd be crazy not to get one.

ps4 is the more powerful console but xbox has the more tight knit community, get both!

ps4 is the more powerful console but xbox has the more tight knit community, get both!

I have a gaming PC though, and rarely game online. With everything being Win 10 compatible now I can't justify the expense.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions' Eric Ebron: We must move on from Calvin Johnson

Since Johnson won't be around and Golden Tate now steps in as the team's top receiver -- with deep threat Marvin Jones coming in from Cincinnati -- Ebron knows the team has to move on and do something different.

“He’s been with me since I got in the league, a long two years,” Ebron told hosts Jeff Rickard and Brady Quinn recently on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “His presence was always there, as my big brother, someone I can talk to ... and for the team and the organization, it was much more than that."

“It’s football. We’ve got to move on from that. He’s obviously one of the best receivers ever to play the game, but now we’ve got to move past that and try to do something different without him."

Ebron (6-4, 255 pounds) has the size to be a reliable end zone threat in Johnson's absence, but has struggled his first two seasons with the Lions due to drops and inconsistent play.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...oit-lions-eric-ebron-calvin-johnson/86950800/

Eric Ebron trying to fill the shoes of Wide Reciever Calvin Johnson.

It won't happen but I think he'll have a solid season with Golden Tate, Marvin Jones and Theo Riddick also around him.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

I haven't gotten either yet, will likely just wait for the Neo (mainly for Persona 5 when it finally comes out). Dunno if I'll bother with XBone since most of my gaming's already on PC, with the occasional WiiU title.

Top Bottom