• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

Hindl

Even though I don't have an Xbox, I thought that was a good conference. MS is going in a smart direction putting everything on PC too

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
PC gaming is dead.

Still going strong if you're into driving/racing and flight/space combat sims! Especially with a VR headset.

I just blew $300 on a Thurstmaster Warthog HOTAS a few weeks back. Couldn't pass up that 40% off sale price. Now I'm considering ordering some high-end $300 rudder pedals and then spending another $200 for a high-end stick shift for my Fanatec wheel.

Someone send halp, I'm falling into the dark side of high-end sim components. At this rate I'll be that crazy dude building full-on flight sim cockpits in their garage. :(

Draxal

I know it was crowd pleasing but my god I can't fathom why in the world MS would talk Scorpio today. They announced the Slim with UHD Blu-Ray support, HDR gaming at a good price point. Nice rejuvenation of the One, etc. You take that into the holidays and with Gears and a few other games coming you reap some rewards from that refresh.

Now you decide to reveal Scorpio and announce 1. A release time frame and 2. baseline hardware specs to your competitor with a good 18 months until release.

I mean the mind boggles.

Go BUY AN XBOX S, but Take a look at PROJECT SCORPIO.

Still going strong if you're into driving/racing and flight/space combat sims! Especially with a VR headset.

I just blew $300 on a Thurstmaster Warthog HOTAS a few weeks back. Couldn't pass up that 40% off sale price. Now I'm considering ordering some high-end $300 rudder pedals and then spending another $200 for a high-end stick shift for my Fanatec wheel.

Someone send halp, I'm falling into the dark side of high-end sim components. At this rate I'll be that crazy dude building full-on flight sim cockpits in their garage. :(

Paradox, Paradox, and Paradox.

Hindl

MS conference was pretty meh. No reason to own an Xbox console if you have a capable pc.

So so bad.

Yeah but Xbox isn't a console anymore it's a platform. All that stuff is coming to PC so it's still a win and you're still getting the Xbox exclusive games. Plus plenty of people don't want to deal with the hassle of a PC

Saw some ppl in here saying they might jump into Xbone with the slim. Are you still going to do that? Knowing the Scorpio is coming a year later? Serious question

vnynHNE.jpg

my thoughts

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Paradox, Paradox, and Paradox.

Don't remind me, I haven't jumped back into Stellaris because I know it'll eat up all my spare gaming time.

So has anyone played Project Cars? If so how is it? Very tempted to pick it up at work as it is 12 bucks for me.

What platform? I haven't picked it up yet on PC, but from what I understand it has a better single player career mode and multiplayer than Asseto Corsa but the physics, AI, audio, and wheel FFB is better in AC.

Sanjuro

That's just been my stock quote for years. I don't even know what I like anymore, but it's probably Doom.

I don't even get MLB anymore!

Malalaw

Don't remind me, I haven't jumped back into Stellaris because I know it'll eat up all my spare gaming time.

What platform? I haven't picked it up yet, but from what I understand it has a better single player career mode and multiplayer than Asseto Corsa but the physics and wheel FFB is better in AC.

It would be on ps4.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Am I reading this right? No controller with the Xbox One S?

So if I trade in my XBO at GameStop with whatever trade in deal I have to trade in my controller and then buy an Xbox One Slim I have to buy another controller?

Hope MS announces BC titles as the conference goes on.

Bread

Banned
Am I reading this right? No controller with the Xbox One S?

So if I trade in my XBO at GameStop with whatever trade in deal I have to trade in my controller and then buy an Xbox One Slim I have to buy another controller?

Hope MS announces BC titles as the conference goes on.
that can't be right, we saw those promo pics with a white controller next to the console.

Malalaw

It will have a controller with it.

I may try to sell the bone as well. I'm sure someone will want the halo edition system for a good price.

All I'll need for my PC is a better card and I'd be set anyway.

Hindl

So the Scorpio is not the S?

No the S is just a slim revision, the Scorpio is a much more powerful version of the Xbox One that won't be out till next year. Basically Xbox is going the iPad route, where every year to two years they'll release a more powerful version of the console. Games will work across all of them though. Scorpio is the first one of this revisions

S is slim, scorpio is a totally new console

oh man those custom controllers look so good. too bad it's too late in the console cycle for me to consider buying a new one for no reason.

Yeah, $80 though. $90 if you want an engraving

Hindl

May as well go for an Elite controller if you're gonna spend that much though.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I was saying the price was too high given what you get. My roommate has the elite and he was very wary about buying it, but he says he can't go back to a normal controller now. So go for the Elite unless you really want some weird 90-ass neon controller

Spinluck

MS conference was pretty meh. No reason to own an Xbox console if you have a capable pc.

When hasn't this been the case? The only Xbox console I've ever owned was a 360 and that thing barely ever got powered on.

I think them trying to unify W10 and Xbox as a platform is brilliant. Best thing they've done in forever.

cdyhybrid

Sounds like people are saying there's a chance Perriman makes it back this season.

I'd probably believe it when I see it though.

TheFatOne

When hasn't this been the case? The only Xbox console I've ever owned was a 360 and that thing barely ever got powered on.

I think them trying to unify W10 and Xbox as a platform is brilliant. Best thing they've done in forever.

It would be brilliant if the games would actually run well on the PC. So far QB was their big game and that shit was riddled with issues. Will only start believing in this once the games come out, and have the standard PC features with no other bullshit attached.

Malalaw

I'm gonna miss the Sony conference for the most part tonight. Hell...I've missed all of it so far. Oh well. So far nothing special has been announced to me.

Cant wait to check my phone tonight and see the new SOCOM trailer reveal!!!

See you at the Crossroads, Crossroads.

Top Bottom