• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

Yeah McDonalds anything at this point makes me feel like shit

Before I went to college and started eating better (yeah that sounds backwards but I went to a very...fit university where you would be shamed by society and girls wouldn't mess with you if you were a fatass) I would make fun of the "Taco Bell gives me the runs!" people for having weak stomachs.

Now, I can't deal with too much fast food.

Yeah I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because this is the exact same thing and I don't remember these flying off the shelves.

Is that NES going to be able to play old games or be able to download more titles?
Nope. That's the biggest downside to it. I like the idea and its a great introduction to the old NES as it has a good variety of quality games but Nintendo could be selling SD Cards or USB Flash drives with game packs (10-15) games for x amount of dollars and a have great officially licensed emulation machine to help leverage their catalog.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The controllers I recall were junk and the console only supported mono av output.

That's dumb.

If it doesn't support HDMI, it goes in the trash.

Nope. That's the biggest downside to it. I like the idea and its a great introduction to the old NES as it has a good variety of quality games but Nintendo could be selling SD Cards or USB Flash drives with game packs (10-15) games for x amount of dollars and a have great officially licensed emulation machine to help leverage their catalog.

Hype destroyed.

Why is Nintendo so good at half assing this kind of thing? Nerds have the entire NES catalog on USB computers plugged into their TVs with wireless controllers as it is...

Syrinx

Yeah McDonalds anything at this point makes me feel like shit

Before I went to college and started eating better (yeah that sounds backwards but I went to a very...fit university where you would be shamed by society and girls wouldn't mess with you if you were a fatass) I would make fun of the "Taco Bell gives me the runs!" people for having weak stomachs.

Now, I can't deal with too much fast food.
Not to mention Papa's root beer.

Sanjuro

They should release an NES with a CD ROM drive just to fuck with people.

Eleuin

Yeah I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because this is the exact same thing and I don't remember these flying off the shelves.

Is that NES going to be able to play old games or be able to download more titles?

it'll be hacked day one to allow exactly that but nothing official

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You all wait for Space World 2016

God I've been doing this Videogame Internet forum posting shit for a long time.

I remember everyone, myself included, losing their shit after the Celda, Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime initial reveals at Spaceworld 2001.

"Nintendo is doomed!!!"

"That's not Zelda!!"

The NES console looks cool but I prefer games from 16 bit onward.

bionic77

It is dumb you can't download more games from a store. But for 60 bucks this is either a quick cash grab or an experiment to gauge interest for an emulation box.

I really wonder what the output will end up looking for this. Nintendo usually does a good job in trying to have emulation be faithful. Usually shit over HDMI is eh compared to an OG tube.

YOU MOTHERFU...

Aight, I'll calm down. The GOAT release is so hype
86fbfd40d8c8b3a1374eb5e70d9f42c4.jpg

I got you friend, everything will be ok

It is dumb you can't download more games from a store. But for 60 bucks this is either a quick cash grab or an experiment to gauge interest for an emulation box.
Downloading all of those games on the Virtual Console will run you about $150 bucks with Nintendo's crazy pricing. So $60 for the console and those 30 games is actually a pretty solid value overall. I just wish it was more open to expansion. I'll buy one though. My 10 year old will love it.

bionic77

Downloading all of those games on the Virtual Console will run you about $150 bucks with Nintendo's crazy pricing. So $60 for the console and those 30 games is actually a pretty solid value overall. I just wish it was more open to expansion. I'll buy one though. My 10 year old will love it.
Can kids handle NES games?

They are unforgiving and require skill and patience. Great traits for kids but tough to acquire.

Can kids handle NES games?

They are unforgiving and require skill and patience. Great traits for kids but tough to acquire.

I broke out the Nintendo for my kids and they loved it. They were much better on that then current gen games. The controller fits their hands, they can handle two buttons, and the gameplay is straight forward, and the content is kid appropriate.

I whooped that ass in RBI baseball unmercifully.

bionic77

I broke out the Nintendo for my kids and they loved it. They were much better on that then current gen games. The controller fits their hands, they can handle two buttons, and the gameplay is straight forward, and the content is kid appropriate.

I whooped that ass in RBI baseball unmercifully.
This makes me happier than you could know.

I am taking my kids BACK, to the 80s!

First Totoro, Kiki, Karate Kid, etc and now NES games.

What a time to be my kids.

hmmm i'm not sure what's happening here. gonna need you to come to my office this saturday morning for emergency lessons.

Their father Bionic*

I'm still down though! I'll bring some of bae's banana pancakes!

The Last Guardian looks like a pretty good game that has become a victim of it's near-mythical development cycle

No need to be negative friend

Now now, TLG becoming an actual reality is an accomplishment in and of itself. It would be akin to the Pats winning a trophy without cheating!

I'm writing an angry letter to Neogaf HQ as we speak

Hindl

Their father Bionic*

I'm still down though! I'll bring some of bae's banana pancakes!

No need to be negative friend

I'm writing an angry letter to Neogaf HQ as we speak

I hope it's everything you're hoping for friend. Nintendo looks like it's giving me what I want with Zelda, hopefully Ueda can do the same for you

Top Bottom