• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

Slo

So guys, I need a ruling. I've been a long time Gopher fan, but I never actually attended that school. Just a fan because....well, Minnesota. But I just got accepted into a graduate program at another Big Ten school. I'm going to be starting this fall. Not an arch rival, but still a conference rival.

Am I in a legitimate "two team" situation or do I have to pick?

Greg

I ain't paying shit for someone else's kids.

The actual settlement won't happen for a few weeks and it takes that long again to get the money.

A more bold man would buy a new car or some IKEA furniture but I will probably invest and save my share of the proceeds.
going for the medium roast I see... that's ok too!

I ain't paying shit for someone else's kids.

The actual settlement won't happen for a few weeks and it takes that long again to get the money.

A more bold man would buy a new car or some IKEA furniture but I will probably invest and save my share of the proceeds.

Can I send you my paypal?

Asking for a friend

And as a friend I'm referring to myself. I need to buy an expensive book for school and I didn't have much time to study due to my thesis and exams.

Again asking for a friend

I question your algorithms.

I used the newest technologies in pen and paper, no computer dependency #SayNoToOurAIOverlords

So guys, I need a ruling. I've been a long time Gopher fan, but I never actually attended that school. Just a fan because....well, Minnesota. But I just got accepted into a graduate program at another Big Ten school. I'm going to be starting this fall. Not an arch rival, but still a conference rival.

I was a huge temple fan, growing up in Philly plus that was where I did my undergrad at. When I went to unh for grad school they gave all of the grad students free tickets to football/hockey games and I wound up going to a ton of unh football games and became a big fan. Nothing wrong with rooting for 2/128 college teams, it would be weird with them both in the same conference but it's not like they will be in direct competition for a playoff spot.

BigAT

Same division?

bionic77

Can I send you my paypal?

Asking for a friend

And as a friend I'm referring to myself. I need to buy an expensive book for school and I didn't have much time to study due to my thesis and exams.

Again asking for a friend

I used the newest technologies in pen and paper, no computer dependency #SayNoToOurAIOverlords
How much is this book?

Yes, same athletic conference.

Edit: Did you mean within the conference? Yes.

Edit 2: Why the fuck am i not just saying it? It's not a secret. The school is Illinois.
To bad you are not going to be on campus I have a buddy who is doing his post doc there in the physics program.

Slo

No campus, no second team, I'd say as someone who only supports hometown teams!

ivoted.gif

Edit 2: Why the fuck am i not just saying it? It's not a secret. The school is Illinois.
Hey.. Chuck and I can make fun of you now for rooting for Illinois.. It'll be like Ez never left.

No campus, no second team, I'd say as someone who only supports hometown teams!
And you cheer for the Pats why?

Thought you were on bionic's legal team?
Aren't you?

Milchjon

uh huh

GOOD MORNING :D

It's the truth and nothing but the truth!

I really started following the NFL in 2008. Was obsessed with the NE US maybe for about 5-6 years before that. I actually heard of Tom Brady's ACL injury deep in the jungles of Baxter State Park in ME!

Unrelated, but Baxter State Park >>> Acadia National Park

I just saw a car with St. Louis Cardinals, Falcons, and Clippers stickers.

My current working theory is just that the owner's a blood and likes red.

That's the only thing that makes sense.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

It don't matter. It's college so who gives a shit. Cheer for all of them if you want!

BigAT

Slo, what would this guy say about your dilemma?

pX359LV.0.gif

If you're not on campus are you even going to feel a compulsion to care about the team anyway?

Hey, I went to UIUC for grad school too! I think you will find most of their fans are scum (fun fact: while I went there, a janitor in the dorms told me that after a Bears loss, the students would smear their own shit on the bathroom walls to express their dissatisfaction) and you won't want to root for them at all.

Slo

Hey, I went to UIUC for grad school too! I think you will find most of their fans are scum (fun fact: while I went there, a janitor in the dorms told me that after a Bears loss, the students would smear their own shit on the bathroom walls to express their dissatisfaction) and you won't want to root for them at all.

Bears fans are the 2nd worst.

Top Bottom