• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

So guys, I need a ruling. I've been a long time Gopher fan, but I never actually attended that school. Just a fan because....well, Minnesota. But I just got accepted into a graduate program at another Big Ten school. I'm going to be starting this fall. Not an arch rival, but still a conference rival.

Am I in a legitimate "two team" situation or do I have to pick?

As a Gopher alum I'd say you're fine cheering for both of you want to since it's neither Wisconsin or Iowa.

Fox318

7StgVZO.jpg

Wow.
I never understood the concept of wanting to share pain with your partner.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

I mean, I woke up in a haze.....a hell of a haze, and I had a choice between Cleveland and Cincy.

Two nice cities btw, especially compared to what you would call Oklahoma "City" and regardless Slay still ain't showed up at either city to speak of what I said.

Nor a PM. I'll keep it cool right now cause I can.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas, are you OK?

I'm always OK.

BTW the Cleveland pic is hilarious and probably has some historical accuracy (just going by the pic.)

The Ottoman Empire would take the best men from the Balkans and, then cut off their balls and see who survived, convert them to Islam, almost exactly like the Unsullied in Game of Thrones.

One warrior returned home and ignited a revolution which fought the Turks and lasted 30+ years.

Draxal

So guys, I need a ruling. I've been a long time Gopher fan, but I never actually attended that school. Just a fan because....well, Minnesota. But I just got accepted into a graduate program at another Big Ten school. I'm going to be starting this fall. Not an arch rival, but still a conference rival.

Is it Purdue?

edit. Oh wait Illinois. Minnesota's still pretty much better than them, although I'm not sure if Tracy Claeys is the answer.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Point being, as cities, as much as we clown on them Ohio, has some decent skylines. Columbus included. Oklahoma City and some cities I saw north of Texas in that area of the Midwest aren't what I'd call a city.

Regardless, Godslay still ain't showed his face.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=210173364

I'll drop it but for a regular you would think Godslay would at least show up or send a PM. Instead he thinks harassing people is funny, let alone me of all people, based on what I presume to be tales he's heard on the Internet.

And harassment in numerous way. You can laugh or cry all you want but you can only corner a wolf so far and holy shit have I kept my composure the last few years.

Not perfect but given the circumstances of people you perceive as your friends, like Godslay, this 6'5 225 LB Albanian can only take so much like any human being, given the harassment.

Given the claims Godslay has made you'd think he'd show up or at least send a PM.

There is trolling (Loins), there is trolling with malicious intent, and then there is harrassment.

I'll take it from PM from here on out, truly sorry for the thread derail, but the point(s) still stand.

Milchjon

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=210173364

I'll drop it but for a regular you would think Godslay would at least show up or send a PM. Instead he thinks harassing people is funny, let alone me of all people, based on what I presume to be tales he's heard on the Internet.

And harassment in numerous way. You can laugh or cry all you want but you can only corner a wolf so far and holy shit have I kept my composure the last few years.

Not perfect but given the circumstances of people you perceive as your friends, like Godslay, this 6'5 225 LB Albanian can only take so much like any human being, given the harassment.

Given the claims Godslay has made you'd think he'd show up or at least send a PM.

There is trolling (Loins), there is trolling with malicious intent, and then there is harrassment.

I'll take it from PM from here on out, truly sorry for the thread derail, but the point(s) still stand.

Kas, explain yourself.

Show us posts.

Unrelated, but I'm feeling way WHITE PEOPLE today.

Edit: Fat Tire was the worst letdown in my life of letdowns

DMczaf

You have to pick.

Or else you're a monster

That puts him squarely between Nick Foles ($12.25M) and RG3 ($7.5M)

I think that's fair. RG3 ultimately has more upside than Fitz. Foles is overpaid but that will happen when you're pretty young and have one great season. I am a Jets fan and I admit that Fitz's stats were inflated. Lots of dropped interceptions and a lot of tremendous plays from the receivers. I think Fitz needs to be honest with himself. He's a good quarterback. He's established but his upside is small and NY is easily the best opportunity for him. They're in a 'win-now' mode, they're talented on both sides for once, and they have Gailey running the offense.

MechDX

I think that's fair. RG3 ultimately has more upside than Fitz. Foles is overpaid but that will happen when you're pretty young and have one great season. I am a Jets fan and I admit that Fitz's stats were inflated. Lots of dropped interceptions and a lot of tremendous plays from the receivers. I think Fitz needs to be honest with himself. He's a good quarterback. He's established but his upside is small and NY is easily the best opportunity for him. They're in a 'win-now' mode, they're talented on both sides for once, and they have Gailey running the offense.

What you think is fair and what the going rate is in the market for a starting QB are completely different. Bradford and the Eagles set the price at around 19 million per year.

Teams have to pay the market price or trust in a QB like Geno

Tamanon

Banned
Only good part about shopping today was getting in a 20 minute conversation with a Converse employee about the Jags because of my shirt.

Slo, I'm biased, but I would say that switching from Minny athletics to Illini athletics probably isn't the best fan career choice. Something like going from the Lions to the Browns.
Hey, I went to UIUC for grad school too! I think you will find most of their fans are scum (fun fact: while I went there, a janitor in the dorms told me that after a Bears loss, the students would smear their own shit on the bathroom walls to express their dissatisfaction) and you won't want to root for them at all.
I resent this! I've never smeared shit on bathroom walls!

(I went to UIUC. That story does not surprise me because it concerns Bears fans)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas, explain yourself.

Show us posts

I'm not going to derail the thread anymore, and I don't care even if trejo tried, if you want we can conversate on Xbox Live or PSN later (probably XBL). Dutch PMed me last nigh was going to respond but I fell asleep.

On a another lighter note, Overwatch is a great game, but it's not worth $60 at all. It's really Team Fortress 2 with a really nice Blizzard skin. I still only play as the Engir, Tormund or whatever his name is, just like in TF2. It's a really fun game in spurts but it's a nice console TF2 at this point.

Top Bottom