• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

Let's be honest, ez doesn't give a shit if he's banned or unbanned.

Some of us, like ez, don't have our social identities or personal outlooks wrapped up in our status on internet forums, so no I doubt he gives a shit. I'm not criticizing mods or their decisions as they have a hard and unrewarding job and obviously none of us know all of the details that they do, but all the removal of someone like ez does in my opinion is reduce the quality of conversation on a board like this.

JABEE

Some of us, like ez, don't have our social identities or personal outlooks wrapped up in our status on internet forums, so no I doubt he gives a shit. I'm not criticizing mods or their decisions as they have a hard and unrewarding job and obviously none of us know all of the details that they do, but all the removal of someone like ez does in my opinion is reduce the quality of conversation on a board like this.

I really enjoyed his sports analysis. He may have given people shit and criticized my team, but it was always entertaining to read what he had to say. I don't even remember why he is gone now.

On one hand I completely agree with you. That asshole was on a shortlist of my favorite posters in here.

On the other, nothing kills a board faster than having members that are untouchable. Ez knew he'd get permed some day - we all did. I just figured he had more lives than he did.

I really enjoyed his sports analysis. He may have given people shit and criticized my team, but it was always entertaining to read what he had to say. I don't even remember why he is gone now.

More than that was the way he made people question their own opinions and try to be more factual with their presentations. His snark had a way of drawing out what were usually off the cuff statements and having people back them up, making them think more about what they were posting than they otherwise would have. Yeah, it came off as dickish but if you actually did a decent job and were earnest about it he engaged you in real conversation, rather than simply discarding your opinions.

On one hand I completely agree with you. That asshole was on a shortlist of my favorite posters in here.

On the other, nothing kills a board faster than having members that are untouchable. Ez knew he'd get permed some day - we all did. I just figured he had more lives than he did.

That's exactly why I wouldn't question the mods decision on this. They've got the experience and know the details. The problem with any set of rules is they have to be applied in a blanket manner, and it's easy to edge up to the line and not cross it. Ez crossed it, sure, but there are plenty of people that damage the discourse on a forum without crossing the line and therefore sticking around for a long time and making the place more toxic than ez did. It's not a failing of moderation, it's just a fact that systems can be exploited.

Car shopping is somehow simultaneously the best AND the worst
Buy reliable make+model used, <100k miles.

Should be able to find something in the $10-12k range, which is good, because while cars are fun they are basically the financial equivalent of setting money on fire.

Followed this strategy and bought a Celica 5 years ago, no regrets.

Dammit Floy!

Also it seems like Ohio state dismissed Possible starting Rb brionte dunn, actually had a chance to play against him in high school. I blame Floy for this also
Making room for Cam Akers then.. You should thank me for that last one and you can't blame me for Gata's threats of sexual harassment.. That's indirectly your fault because you tried to make me be something I'm not. A positive Cleveland Browns fan.

Floy is gonna cast the deciding vote that makes Trump president.
I hope you trip and twist your ankle now. You need Jesus for these comments... Also I live in Virginia.. Unless NoVA disappears due to a meteor, he's not winning VA.

Don't worry, I promise that I will have a word with the Queen if Trump wins the election. Now that we've got rid of those mayo eating degenerates from Belgium and made Britain great again, we will save you from Trump's America by conquering the country and bringing freedom and democracy to your land once more.
Too bad y'all won't let the Scots have theirs huh?

Where did the Yaas and Slay thing even start? I actually think it's pretty entertaining haha. Someone mentioned Broad City? Actually just saw the first ep of that.

I would personally like to say YAS and slay more

Damn hopping on this.

Yaas was a gay culture thing. There is a movie called Paris is Burning about these parties called Balls where they gay men would enter contests and they would cheer at the performers with Yaas! At least that's what I heard on Reply All the other week.

cdyhybrid

Brock Huard &#8207;@BrockESPN 15m15 minutes ago Redmond, WA
Watching the Mariners vs Chris Sale tonight is like watching me try to scramble & hearing Holmgren in my head saying "Bless Your Heart Son"

#MarinersBaseball

Buy reliable make+model used, <100k miles.

Should be able to find something in the $10-12k range, which is good, because while cars are fun they are basically the financial equivalent of setting money on fire.

Followed this strategy and bought a Celica 5 years ago, no regrets.

3 more months till my car paid off. Damn dealerships keep calling to upgrade.

DMczaf

What is this fuckery, Scooter?

v6hptrnaec4p0xo9dh9d.jpg

What are the chances one of my teams wins a championship in the next ten years:

Dallas Cowboys
Montreal Canadiens
Toronto Blue Jays
Toronto Raptors

I'm thinking the Jays have the best chance....goddamn

RBH

Dallas Cowboys
Montreal Canadiens
Toronto Blue Jays
Toronto Raptors

Wow, all of your favorite teams are exactly the same as Kave Man's favorite teams!

Gobias

Banned

Dallas Cowboys
Montreal Canadiens
Toronto Blue Jays
Toronto Raptors

Better shot than any Atlanta based team I would say!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Dallas Cowboys
Montreal Canadiens
Toronto Blue Jays
Toronto Raptors

Good morning you appear to be another Canadian. Welcome to NFL-GAF.

Where in Canada you from tho? I must know this first before I hurl insults at you.

More than that was the way he made people question their own opinions and try to be more factual with their presentations. His snark had a way of drawing out what were usually off the cuff statements and having people back them up, making them think more about what they were posting than they otherwise would have. Yeah, it came off as dickish but if you actually did a decent job and were earnest about it he engaged you in real conversation, rather than simply discarding your opinions.

That's exactly why I wouldn't question the mods decision on this. They've got the experience and know the details. The problem with any set of rules is they have to be applied in a blanket manner, and it's easy to edge up to the line and not cross it. Ez crossed it, sure, but there are plenty of people that damage the discourse on a forum without crossing the line and therefore sticking around for a long time and making the place more toxic than ez did. It's not a failing of moderation, it's just a fact that systems can be exploited.

They need to extend that mindset to all the shitposters in OT that waltz into threads and derail every conversation. Started with Terrisus before he got axed.

Top Bottom