• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

wq94q.gif

Margot Robbie is so fine

Milchjon

NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport reports that Fitzpatrick and the Jets have only dug in deeper since contract talks began at the start of the offseason. Jets receiver Brandon Marshall says he’s scared by the fact that Fitzpatrick is no longer returning his texts, and the stalemate has gotten so intense that a scenario which should truly frighten Jets fans is reportedly in play: Geno Smith could be the starting quarterback heading into the preseason

JETS!

Don't worry, I promise that I will have a word with the Queen if Trump wins the election. Now that we've got rid of those mayo eating degenerates from Belgium and made Britain great again, we will save you from Trump's America by conquering the country and bringing freedom and democracy to your land once more.
Last time yall tried this a bunch of farmers kicked your asses, imagine how badly it would go now that the US has electricity.

A wise man once said:
if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty girl your wife
A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall
An ugly woman cooks meals on time
And she'll always give you peace of mind

bionic77

A wise man once said:
if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty girl your wife
A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall
An ugly woman cooks meals on time
And she'll always give you peace of mind
My wife is pretty and she cooks for us.

That dude was full of shit.

Like I always say:

If you want to be happy for as long as you live, don't marry a pretty girl.
A pretty girl will make her husband look smaller than he is.
And very often causes his downfall.
An ugly woman makes sure dinner is on the table on time.
And she'll provide him with peace of mind.

I wrote this little speech myself, with as little help as possible.

Like I always say:

If you want to be happy for as long as you live, don't marry a pretty girl.
A pretty girl will make her husband look smaller than he is.
And very often causes his downfall.
An ugly woman makes sure dinner is on the table on time.
And she'll provide him with peace of mind.

I wrote this little speech myself, with as little help as possible.

Alright Melania Trump

Jeffrey Lurie reportedly pushed hard for Eagles to re-sign Sam Bradford:

The Philadelphia Eagles have one of the most unusual quarterback situations in the entire NFL. What makes it so odd is that everyone knows the team's projected 2016 starter, Sam Bradford, is not much more than a lame duck. After trading up a big package to acquire Carson Wentz with the No. 2 overall pick, everyone knows there's virtually no chance Bradford will be back with the Eagles next season. Bradford himself and his agent admitted this when they requested a trade earlier this offseason.

It's easy to wonder why the Eagles felt the need to bring Bradford back after his uninspiring performance in 2015. According to a report from Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com, however, the reasoning is simple: Jeffrey Lurie really wanted him.

According to a person familiar with the situation with requested anonymity, it was owner Jeffrey Lurie who was the driving force behind the team's decision to re-sign Bradford, as opposed to top personnel executive Howie Roseman or head coach Doug Pederson.

Lurie's desire to bring Bradford back stems from his desire to remain competitive, as opposed to entering a full rebuild, which the team would have likely endured had they let Bradford walk. For Lurie, it is a sign of how he has become much more involved in the day-to-day runnings of the football operations

To some extent, it makes sense Lurie wants to stay competitive in the short-term. No owner is typically going to enjoy punting on an upcoming season. Besides, the NFC East is weak so Lurie could figure the Birds have as good of a chance as anyone in the division to take the crown.

Another thing worth considering is that Bradford was the first quarterback move the Eagles were able to make this offseason. They re-signed him before free agency started. There wasn't a guarantee they'd be able to sign Chase Daniel in free agency or trade up from No. 13 to No. 2 to get Wentz. The Eagles wanted to hedge their bet at the most important position in all of sports. That's not a bad move.

But there are some issues with bringing Bradford back to the 2016 Eagles. For one, the Eagles spent $35 million ($22 million guaranteed) on his two-year deal. That money could have been spent elsewhere on a team filled with roster holes. Another big issue is that, as previously mentioned, Bradford is a lame duck this season. He's going to eat up a lot of reps and game snaps, which could potentially delay the progression of Wentz.

It's possible the Eagles could trade Bradford after the season is over in order to recoup some of the draft capital they gave up in the Wentz trade this year. The tricky part about that is they're relying on an underachieving, injury-prone player to play well enough to have value. And then if Bradford does play really well, which isn't likely, it will at least be a little weird to be trading a player like that away in favor of an unknown such as Wentz.

Perhaps one of the biggest concerns about this report is Lurie's involvement in football moves. It was once thought Lurie was more of an owner who takes a "hands-off" type approach. One who hires people to make football decisions and then delegates to them. This offseason has continued to show Lurie may be more involved than previously realized. Having owners heavily involved in football decisions can be dangerous. Just look at Jerry Jones with the Dallas Cowboys and/or Dan Snyder with the Washington Redskins.

If Philadelphia's quarterback situation turns out to be a success, then there's nothing to worry about. But if things go poorly, the Eagles owner won't be above blame.

Interesting that it was Lurie and not Howie that pushed for Bradford to come back.

Duxxy3

Why are the Jets still screwing around with Fitz' contract? This year is their best chance.

Brady out for 4 games. Old folks are getting older. Broncos in a down year.

At least 2 of the 3 will receive a complimentary bag of dicks from me.
Accorsi was almost directly responsible for the Giants trading for Eli. He loved him and desperately wanted him for the Giants coming out in 2004. I think it's 3 for 3 for you.;)

Accorsi's scouting report on Eli:

Sees the field… In shotgun on most plays and his only running option is a draw… his offensive line is poor. Red-shirt freshman left tackle. Eli doesn't trust his protection. Can't. No way he can take any form of a deep drop and look downfield. With no running game (10 yards rushing the first half) and no real top receivers, he's stuck with the three-step drops and waiting til the last second to see if a receiver can get free. No tight end either. No flaring back. So he's taking some big hits. Taking them well. Carried an overmatched team entirely on his shoulders. I imagine, except for Vanderbilt, his team is overmatched in every SEC game… He's big, never gets rattled. Rallied his team from a 14-3 halftime deficit basically all by himself. Led them on two successive third quarter drives to go ahead, 17-16. The first touchdown, a 40-yard streak down the left sideline, he dropped the ball over the receiver's right shoulder. Called the next touchdown pass himself, checking off to a 12-yard slant… Makes a lot of decisions on play calls at the line of scrimmage, but they ask too much of him. They don't just let him play. This is a guy you should just let play… When he's inaccurate, he's usually high, but rarely off target to either side… Plays smart and with complete confidence. Doesn't scold his teammates, but lets them know when they line up wrong or run the wrong pattern… Threw three interceptions. Two were his fault. Trying to force something both times. He could have run on one of them, a fourth down play. He has a lot to learn.

Summary: I think he's the complete package. He's not going to be a fast runner, but a little like Joe Montana, he has enough athletic ability to get out of trouble. Remember how Archie ran? In that department, Eli doesn't have the best genes, although I never timed mom Olivia in the 40. But he has a feel for the pocket.
Feels the rush.

Throws the ball, takes the hit, gets right back up… Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic…Peyton had much better talent around him at Tennessee. But I honestly give this guy a chance to be better than his brother. Eli doesn't get much help from the coaching staff. If he comes out early, we should move up to take him. These guys are rare, you know.

-Ernie Accorsi

Hindl

We are contenders this year.

This terrifies me.

Sports are so much more relaxing when your team isn't in contention.

I envy you...

I'm finding that true this season. I'm excited for football and to see my team but that's because I know we're not doing jack shit. There's a chance the Eagles win the NFC East but that says more about the terrible state of our division than the team. If they do make the playoffs they'll get bounced out in the first round. It's nice to be able to go into a season with no pressure and just watch the development of core players

Top Bottom