• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Dang it I used both. Didn't need to click on link. High school/College classes back then floppy disk was much needed and walking to school listening to Pharcyde on my walkman

Vids are worth watching for the nostalgia factor!

And cassette drives as in loading programs for computers, not for audio cassette playback.

Vids are worth watching for the nostalgia factor!

And cassette drives as in loading programs for computers, not for audio cassette playback.
Lol.

Well on mobile it shows a cassette tape with a cassette recorder. Which I used the small recorder ones for the lectures.

And Mech, Kaenell was a college QB icon. Gata's second favorite behind Tebow

XiaNaphryz

I'm only 26 and I have vivid memories of both. Even the larger floppys.

By larger do you mean the 5 1/4" or the 8" ones?

Lol.

Well on mobile it shows a cassette tape with a cassette recorder. Which I used the small recorder ones for the lectures.

Standard audio players don't usually have "drive" in the name though (as in floppy drive or hard drive or flash drive).

With Star Trek Beyond reaching 92% on rotten tomato I declare it the official movie of NFL-Gaf.

All Opposed?

All In Favor?

Aye!

Motion Passed.

It is done.

Number Munchers on the 5-2-5!

MECC, perhaps the greatest thing to come from Minnesota

EDIT: my shit:
storybook-weaver_2.png

shout out to the Learning Company as well!

Gobias

Banned
That fact that no matter what happens over 40% of Americans are going to vote for Trump has made me reevaluate a lot of things.

bionic77

Fellow olds, which category of old do you fall under?

Remember using cassette drives on a regular basis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9SM9lG47Ew

Remember using floppy drives on a regular basis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHRc-QMoUE4
Cassettes were so ghetto.

Even the 5 inch floppies were a little eh. A huge step up from cassettes. I will always ride with the 3inch plastic floppies for life though.

I remember both. No one could afford a fucking hard drive for their computer during this time. When you finally got a 20 MB HD it was hard not to strut around the library. And you were a fucking baller if you could play videos on your CD-ROM!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BOLD PREDICTIONS!!

Cleveland Browns: Hue Jackson doubles the 2015 win total in Year 1.

Granted, it might not be that hard for the Browns to do, given that Cleveland only won three games last season. Yet, most of my colleagues at NFL Network don't see the Browns sniffing even six wins. I think we could all be surprised by a 7-9 campaign. Hue Jackson was a wonderful hire, and he should do much not only for Robert Griffin III but the running game, as well. Look for running back Duke Johnson to be more of a contributor in both the ground and air attack. And what's not to love about Coachocinco?

XiaNaphryz

I remember both. No one could afford a fucking hard drive for their computer during this time. When you finally got a 20 MB HD it was hard not to strut around the library. And you were a fucking baller if you could play videos on your CD-ROM!

I remember the earliest CD-ROM drives required you to put the disc in a caddy first, before putting the whole thing into the drive.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have always considered myself a general optimist about the world and the average person...but Jesus Christ

The wedge issues are just that strong for so many people.

Christians will never not vote Republican because they're adamantly against abortion.

Many middle to upper class people will always vote Republican because they're consistently the party that is against raising taxes.

Gun nuts will always vote Republican.

People who worry about terrorism and demand a strong military will always vote Republican because the perception is that Republicans handle both better.

Then factor in how removed whites are from the issues facing black america. How many white people go weeks or months without seeing a black person in day to day life? Far more than that don't even have or have never had black friends. They just don't see any of that as a problem.

RBH/Shitman FTL
Atlanta Falcons: I see a last-place finish for the first time since the Joey Harrington era.

The Joey Harrington era ... surpassed in Atlanta sports lore only by the late-'80s Braves, led by Bob Horner, Rick Mahler and Rafael Ramirez. (We refuse to toss Dale Murphy under the bus.) Look for the Panthers to win the division for the 90th straight year. Tampa will be better -- read below -- and should beat the Falcons twice. That leaves the Saints, who landed a quality -- albeit small -- draft class, and who still feature a QB the equal of Cam Newton.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I remember the earliest CD-ROM drives required you to put the disc in a caddy first, before putting the whole thing into the drive.

I recall early drives called WORM drives. What were they? Could be remembering wrong of course.

The wedge issues are just that strong for so many people.

Christians will never not vote Republican because they're adamantly against abortion.

Many middle to upper class people will always vote Republican because they're consistently the party that is against raising taxes.

Gun nuts will always vote Republican.

People who worry about terrorism and demand a strong military will always vote Republican because the perception is that Republicans handle both better.

Then factor in how removed whites are from the issues facing black america. How many white people go weeks or months without seeing a black person in day to day life? Far more than that don't even have or have never had black friends. They just don't see any of that as a problem.

You're forgetting the entire impact of local elections too. The city government in Philly is a corrupt and inefficient shitshow that has seen a dozen major corruption cases in the past two years. See Chaka Farrah. I vote Republican in all local elections but Democrat nationally.

Milchjon

So some dude that dressed up as a Chief for Washington games just died. You could talk about whether his get-up was racist, but I'd rather just talk about Philadelphia

The lowlight of Zee’s run came in Philadelphia in 1983, when he was hospitalized after Washington beat the crap out of the Eagles and Philly fans beat the crap out of him. He had his headdress ripped off early, and on his walk to the parking lot, Zee told me, a group of men in Eagles colors, including two fans who’d assaulted him inside the stadium, jumped out of a van and pummeled him into unconsciousness.

“They treated me like chopped meat,” Zee said. “They ripped off my costume, smashed my eye socket so my eyeball was just hanging out, snapped my leg like it was a twig, and yelled, ‘You won’t be jumping up and down in this stadium anymore!’ They left me lying in my underclothes.”

Nobody was arrested for the beating. Chief Zee went to games in a wheelchair or on crutches for the rest of the season. Williams sued the Veterans Stadium security firms and won a reported $14,250 judgement. He went back to Philly the next year for the Skins road game after an invite from Eagles officials. It didn’t go well.

“They gave me the VIP treatment: drove me to the game and put me in the box seats,” Williams told me. “But this senior-citizen lady comes up to me and says, ‘You’ve got a lot of nerve coming up here! We mugged the guy who dressed like that last year!’ And then she threw her drink in my face. I can still smell that drink.”

Sounds like a bunch of Trump-voting JABEEs, alright

Top Bottom