• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions play the Colts Week 1 at Indy. Going to be a tough game but I think we'll get the W.

There was a lot of talk about the Rooney Rule on sports radio these last couple of days. One of the biggest stunners this past offseason for me is how Atlanta, and 5 other teams IIRC, passed up on our Defensive Coordinator, Teryl Austin.

I was convinced he was going to get hired by someone, probably the Falcons but here we are with him for one more season. Can't wait to see our healthy defense and how we blitz/contain Andrew Luck.

It'll be DeAndre Levys first game back after his GOATesque 2014 season.

Lions play the Colts Week 1 at Indy. Going to be a tough game but I think we'll get the W.

There was a lot of talk about the Rooney Rule on sports radio these last couple of days. One of the biggest stunners this past offseason for me is how Atlanta, and 5 other teams IIRC, passed up on our Defensive Coordinator, Teryl Austin.

I was convinced he was going to get hired by someone, probably the Falcons but here we are with him for one more season. Can't wait to see our healthy defense and how we blitz/contain Andrew Luck.

Detroit is going to lose that game by 2 touchdowns.

The problem is that the main route to HC goes through offensive coordinator, not defensive, and like 80 out of 85 offensive coordinator/QB coaches in the NFL are white.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The problem is that the main route to HC goes through offensive coordinator, not defensive, and like 80 out of 85 offensive coordinator/QB coaches in the NFL are white.

Yep, and that's almost exactly what Dan Le Batard was saying this morning.

But the league is 75% black so that has to change somewhat. It's all getting the latest and greatest OC and let's run the Greatest Show on Turf/Earth 2.0 but most end up failing.

He brought up the good point of it being like if the NHL had mostly black HCs or Managers.

You guys can ignore me and my Lions fanaticism on a lot of things but not on Coach Austin. I can't begin to tell you how great of a coordinator/coach Teryl Austin is.

In 2014 we had one of the greatest defenses of all time, with the 3rd best rushing defense of all team.

What he did last year was nothing short of miraculous considering we lost our two best defensive players in Levy and Suh and the defense had to play 8 games or so behind Joe Lombardi's shitty Punting Offense.

I love, love watching his traditional 4-3 defense and the schemes he comes up with. Look at the numbers Aaron Rodgers has been able to put up against his defenses these last two years.

I thought for sure someone would hire him, but he will get hired next year as a Head Coach. Not a doubt in my mind.

Either way, I wondered off in thought, I think the league will change to where more OCs that get hired are black it'll take some time though.

A lot of these OCs are usually backup QBs in college or the Pros who don't have the talent to be a starter but hold a clipboard and follow the game the whole way through.

It's a Quarterback league and I think it always will be.

Still waiting for Kas to make the OT he called dibs on a year and a half ago.

Hahahaha, I actually remember that because IIRC the Browns had come off their beat down of the Bengals and the Lions and Bengals were both 6-3 or something along those lines.

I want to make one, probably around Week 10 when the Lions are 8-2 and Stafford is in the MVP discussion.

At that point I'd have to consider making it on OT to spread the good news about Matthew.
kttcoliahh

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Somewhere he has a word file ready for an OT when Lions win the SB. Too bad he will never get to use it.

I was joking about making a thread in OT but nah I don't have anything like that plus I would legit be crying if the Lions ever won a Super Bowl. Not even joking.

I don't think some hardcore fans of franchises like the Steelers, Patriots and Packers know how good they have it or just to have one.

One step at a time though, first we need to get our second playoff win in 50+ years.

Bread

Banned
i got the chili cheese tots and a double cheeseburger.

tots were great, cheeseburger was fuckin huge and i ate it all like a piece of shit.

I was joking about making a thread in OT but nah I don't have anything like that plus I would legit be crying if the Lions ever won a Super Bowl. Not even joking.

I don't think some hardcore fans of franchises like the Steelers, Patriots and Packers know how good they have it or just to have one.

One step at a time though, first we need to get our second playoff win in 50+ years.

Guess that OT is going to be waiting in the wings for a while then.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
With bae being on a boat for a week, I'm bored out of my mind. Her leaving for Australia for half a year is gonna suck.

There's always football games with Gronkowski and Jimmy Garrafallo to fall back on Dutch, don't worry buddy.

Guess that OT is going to be waiting in the wings for a while then.

Avatar bet this season BE, and I'll remember it this time and I won't be stupid enough to make a bet over 2 games.

There's always football games with Gronkowski and Jimmy Garrafallo to fall back on Dutch, don't worry buddy.

Avatar bet this season BE, and I'll remember it this time and I won't be stupid enough to make a bet over 2 games.

Well, I want to avoid a possible split or push so I'm going to avoid a bet based on our match ups (which the Vikings will sweep soundly).

Instead, since you seem very convinced that that the Packers and Lions will be representing the NFC North in the playoffs, I propose a simple W/L bet. Whichever gets the best record wins. Winner can be determined whenever the outcome is mathematically set.

In the unlikely event that the two teams have a matching record, the official standings in the division will be the tie breaker.

One month starting at the time a winner is established.

Spinluck

http://www.nfl.com/videos/indianapolis-colts/0ap2000000104289/Luck-s-game-winning-drive

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Well, I want to avoid a possible split or push so I'm going to avoid a bet based on our match ups (which the Vikings will sweep soundly).

Instead, since you seem very convinced that that the Packers and Lions will be representing the NFC North in the playoffs, I propose a simple W/L bet. Whichever gets the best record wins. Winner can be determined whenever the outcome is mathematically set.

In the unlikely event that the two teams have a matching record, the official standings in the division will be the tie breaker.

One month starting at the time a winner is established.

We'll make the bet closer to the season but I honestly wouldn't be surprised, and I think I've said we could see two NFC North teams take the two Wild Card spots.

I don't know if that's ever happened before but I think the NFC North is the best division in football.

Remember that game, Luck put the team on his back towards the end.

After he ran past Suh for that first down around the 30 yard line I knew we were going to lose.

I'm feeling rowdy right now. Like I could drink 10,000 beers, stay up all night and puke in my office trash can in the morning.

I don't know why though.

Milchjon

The Times of London reports that over the past three years, 1,706 nursing students at British universities have been found guilty of cheating and that nursing students are disproportionately more likely to cheat than those in other programs, a pattern that could prove fatal for patients in their care.

CHAAAAAAAAAN

Top Bottom