• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

that Spiderman gamelooks cool. Too bad it's Spiderman though. Would have been cooler if it were Daredevil.

They announced one.

oC2UbKs.jpg

It's first person

Hindl

So since Howie retook over the gm position the eagles have given out $280m in guaranteed contracts, by far the most in the NFL. What a salary cap guru.

And every one of those contracts is easy to get out of in max of three years, most of them two. He gave out a ton of money but did it in a smart way. So yeah, he is a salary cap guru

And every one of those contracts is easy to get out of in max of three years, most of them two. He gave out a ton of money but did it in a smart way. So yeah, he is a salary cap guru

Oh so they will only he in cap hell for 2 or 3 years, sounds good. They had Cox under team control for 2 more years, if they were going to give that up you think they would have gotten some concessions on the amount that they gave him. If Chip had signed this same contract people all would have laughed and said he doesnt know what he is doing. After seeing the Cox deal and the Curry contract I am starting to think howie is worse at the contract stuff then the he is at drafting.

Hindl

Oh so they will only he in cap hell for 2 or 3 years, sounds good. They had Cox under team control for 2 more years, if they were going to give that up you think they would have gotten some concessions on the amount that they gave him. If Chip had signed this same contract people all would have laughed and said he doesnt know what he is doing. After seeing the Cox deal and the Curry contract I am starting to think howie is worse at the contract stuff then the he is at drafting.

Giving out a lot of money isn't cap hell. Currently, next year the Eagles are $11 million over the cap, with $6 million that will roll over from this year. However, next year they can free up over $30 million just by trading/cutting Bradford, Peters, and Barwin. Not to mention the additional $7 million they save from cutting Mathews/Sproles. Don't be ridiculous, saying we're in cap hell is just your hatred for Howie blinding you. The fact that he gave away all that money while not endangering the Eagles with cap hell is exactly why he's a salary cap guru

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Bring back lunchbox, Chan, and Eznark. Much disrespect for the Packers and Pats.

GOBEARS.gif

Welcome, pillowtalk543.

We had a member named jak who would drop random, and informative, statistics and here's one for you.

The Lions have won the last 6 match ups against the Bears.

Fuck the Bears.

You guys shouldn't be this negative. It gives you Bufonophobia.
You do remember who I cheer for right?

They announced one.

oC2UbKs.jpg

It's first person
:jnc

Figures a Pats fan would be making fun of the disabled.
Well their qb supports Trump..

I've heard diabetes can make you blind.

Just a heads up.

Too late, I was already blinded by Last Guardian's PS2 graphics.
:jnc

When does Hard Knocks start?
Hello friend.. Welcome to the thread? Are you another member of Rams-GAF? Boban, Chris, Fanto.. Your numbers grow

Exactly how much do you think Cox would cost them if they kept him under his rookie contract/tagged him and then tried to sign him after that? The cap has been going up like crazy every year. If you waited two years, and two years playing 3-technique under Jim Schwarz, which Cox is probably going to dominate in, you'd probably be paying significantly MORE than $63m guaranteed in order to keep him on the team after that. The way his contract is structured right now the only additional cost over his regular contract and franchise tag for the next two years is $10m.

Here are his cap hit numbers for the next three years:
2016: $7,699,000
2017: $9,400,000
2018: $17,900,000

Notice how it jumps in 2018? Coincidentally the same season the Eagles can jettison Bradford and Chase Daniel and free up like $15m in cap? Totally terrible situations to be in in terms of cap. Cox is basically costing just as much under this contract for the next two years as he would have anyway.

Aborted you really think that Cox would have gotten significantly more then the most guaranteed money ever for a non qb if he played out next year? Also lets see how things play out next year with the d. I know everyone thinks it will be vastly improved since the mean man chip is gone but I have my doubts.

Fox318

Until I see otherwise I'm convinced Zelda will disappoint.

Nintendo is so behind in the times in almost every sector of game making and hardware.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Until I see otherwise I'm convinced Zelda will disappoint.

Nintendo is so behind in the times in almost every secret of gaming making and hardware.

Mario Kart 8 and Mario Maker were their strongest releases the past few years. Those can stand with anything I'd argue. That's about it though. Maybe Smash 4.

Oh wait, that horse solitaire game is also legit.

Fox318

Mario Kart 8 and Mario Maker were their strongest releases the past few years. Those can stand with anything I'd argue. That's about it though. Maybe Smash 4.

And how did Miamoto do with Star Fox?

You know the game that was supposed to justify the tablet that even the cheapest android tablet has more value than?

Aborted you really think that Cox would have gotten significantly more then the most guaranteed money ever for a non qb if he played out next year? Also lets see how things play out next year with the d. I know everyone thinks it will be vastly improved since the mean man chip is gone but I have my doubts.

Yes, I do think he would. He's in a very highly desirable position. He got a Suh type of contract a year after Suh did it, and Suh had less cap space to deal with and was four years older. Once that Suh contract hit it meant any top tier DT was gonna get paid.

Now, I'm not going to say that the defense is 100% for sure going to be better under Jim Schwartz, but I am damn confident that Fletcher Cox will look better because it's a system that works better with his talents.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
And how did Miamoto do with Star Fox?

You know the game that was supposed to justify the tablet that even the cheapest android tablet has more value than?

Did I mention Star Fox? I just mentioned the few titles I thought were the exception to your statement is all. Therefore Star Fox falls into your categorization fine. ;P

And I thought Miyamoto doesn't have as much to do with this Zelda, isn't it mainly Aonuma?

Top Bottom