• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

Hindl

McCloughan is a great GM. If Snyder stays out of the way, Washington should be a good team for the foreseeable future.

They have the talent on offense pending one Kirk Cousins. If Galette could stay healthy for once and they spend the next few drafts on defense they could be a top team.

I want to post a pic of Jerruh but I want to be nice

Go ahead man honestly I'm in the mood for it at this point. Randy Gregory being a total fuck-up is like the last straw after we made no immediate improvements to our defense in the draft. A draft where we had 2 out of the top 35 picks. We still have fucking Kellen Moore as our back-up.

Jerry the GM would have been fired 5x over if he wasn't the owner. We're the most valuable team in sports that is being held hostage by it's egoistic owner. I don't have any serious issues with Garret but he's sitting on Jerry's knee with a hand firmly up his ass. The only thing keeping this team from being a total disaster is Tony Romo and our good coordinators. I'll give credit to Jones for hiring Linnehan and Marinelli, but Romo was a fluke nobody saw coming.

I'm excited to watch the offense, but I know that it doesn't mean much when our defense couldn't beat its way out of a wet paper sack.

Best scenario: Jerry dies, and Stephen Jones hires an actual NFL GM and head coach. Too bad that won't happen before our elite once in a decade talent QB retires.

Fantomex

God willing I'm going to the RAMS practice at UCI tomorrow . I plan to run in to young gatas at the University, catch some pokemon, have my son get some autographs and melt with this heatwave. But I think it will be worth it.

Go ahead man honestly I'm in the mood for it at this point. Randy Gregory being a total fuck-up is like the last straw after we made no immediate improvements to our defense in the draft. A draft where we had 2 out of the top 35 picks. We still have fucking Kellen Moore as our back-up.

Jerry the GM would have been fired 5x over if he wasn't the owner. We're the most valuable team in sports that is being held hostage by it's egoistic owner. I don't have any serious issues with Garret but he's sitting on Jerry's knee with a hand firmly up his ass. The only thing keeping this team from being a total disaster is Tony Romo and our good coordinators. I'll give credit to Jones for hiring Linnehan and Marinelli, but Romo was a fluke nobody saw coming.

I'm excited to watch the offense, but I know that it doesn't mean much when our defense couldn't beat its way out of a wet paper sack.

Best scenario: Jerry dies, and Stephen Jones hires an actual NFL GM and head coach. Too bad that won't happen before our elite once in a decade talent QB retires.

How can you even be excited to watch the offense? Serious question. It's all going to hell the second Romo goes down, and you can't even pull the "every team can say that" because every team's QB hasn't broken his back once and shoulder twice in the last two years. I'd be shocked if he plays a full year ever again, and I sure wouldn't expect it

I think Stephen would actually make a pretty good GM in his own right. It seems a great deal of the /good/ decisions the Cowboys have made were done with him pushing to see them happen.

BigAT

I think Stephen would actually make a pretty good GM in his own right. It seems a great deal of the /good/ decisions the Cowboys have made were done with him pushing to see them done.

Yeah, it's real bothersome as a fan of a rival team to read shit like the Cowboys were about to draft Manziel in the first if it weren't for Stephen's direct intervention. Stop making smart decisions!
Hm, funny how it's impossible to write anything about Johnny Manziel without bringing up an intervention...

browns-draft-brady-quinn.jpg

*swoon
Would do pull-ups on those arms

hnngh

Giants.com has a great article on Ben McAdoo's first training camp practice. Insight into the staff meeting, the coach mic'd up during practice and more.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...ng--more/a2631221-8463-44e1-9d1d-1ff3735f295b

All eyes were focused on the man sitting at the head of the long rectangular table. Thirty men - assistant coaches, coaching assistants, coaching interns, and support staff – were gathered in the second floor room of the Quest Diagnostics Training Center. They had grown quiet when the man, Giants head coach Ben McAdoo, entered the room and took his seat. In this room, the coaching staff makes personnel, strategic and logistical decisions almost every day. But this was no ordinary day, nor an ordinary staff meeting. This was McAdoo’s opening training camp staff meeting, and the Giants’ first-year head coach covered a long list of topics in 35 minutes.

McAdoo began the get-together not with a bold or sweeping statement, but with simple introductions of the five Bill Walsh Fellowship training camp coaching interns, who were seated against the wall to his right.

What followed was McAdoo essentially discussing an overview of the team’s season-long calendar with bullet points, beginning with highlighting several days in training camp. McAdoo mentioned the first full-padded practice on Aug. 3, and what should be the longest practice of camp (Aug. 6). The coach told the coaches what to expect the week prior to the preseason finale vs. New England, which he will approach differently than in the past.

More at the link.

Victor Cruz practiced full today. He will continue to do so which is great news.

How can you even be excited to watch the offense? Serious question. It's all going to hell the second Romo goes down, and you can't even pull the "every team can say that" because every team's QB hasn't broken his back once and shoulder twice in the last two years. I'd be shocked if he plays a full year ever again, and I sure wouldn't expect it

That's why we need a quality back-up, as of right now we've got one of the worst in the league. So yes, that's a problem. Even with a half-competent guy behind center the offense would still be really good and fun to watch. As of right now, Romo is healthy, and we have the potential to be the best offense in the league.

I think Stephen would actually make a pretty good GM in his own right. It seems a great deal of the /good/ decisions the Cowboys have made were done with him pushing to see them done.

I need to see more before I think that's a good idea. I'm tired of the owner being the GM gimmick. I just want a solid, proven hire. I don't consider things like not drafting Johnny Manziel a stroke of brilliance when every other team that wasn't the Browns made the same move.

I need to see more before I think that's a good idea. I'm tired of the owner being the GM gimmick. I just want a solid, proven hire. I don't consider things like not drafting Johnny Manziel a stroke of brilliance when every other team that wasn't the Browns made the same move.
It's not just the Manziel issue. It seemed to me last season that Stephen was ready for the Greg Hardy experiment to be over and he never seemed entirely on-board with it. He seems to be happy to contradict Jerry as well when he feels its necessary. Not saying to crown him but he seems to be a very different cat than his dad and more in-tune with where the Cowboys *need* to go to contend again. (not that I want any of that to happen. :) )

As an aside, here's a direct link to McAdoo wired at practice:

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos...practice/f82ada5e-4e14-41ee-baa2-8a8d777d3427

Draxal

Giants.com has a great article on Ben McAdoo's first training camp practice. Insight into the staff meeting, the coach mic'd up during practice and more.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...ng--more/a2631221-8463-44e1-9d1d-1ff3735f295b

More at the link.

Victor Cruz practiced full today. He will continue to do so which is great news.

I'm not sure if your heard Dottino's interview with Joe and Evan today but it was interesting.

McAdoo is very much targeted at increasing learning for a younger millenial.

And the primary differences in training camp, was that condition training yesterday was done by position instead of having the offesne and defense do it together.

Meetings are shorter and more focused (attention span); so there's three of them per day isntead of two but they were much shorter.

It's not just the Manziel issue. It seemed to me last season that Stephen was ready for the Greg Hardy experiment to be over and he never seemed entirely on-board with it. He seems to be happy to contradict Jerry as well when he feels its necessary. Not saying to crown him but he seems to be a very different cat than his dad and more in-tune where the Cowboys *need* to go to contend again. (not that I want any of that to happen. :) )

Look, I like Stephen Jones. I just need to see more before I would be willing to acknowledge that we don't need a professional GM, like every other team in the NFL. Ted Thompson, Dave Gettlman, John Schneider, you need geniuses like these to win you Super Bowls. If Stephen Jones is smart he will hire someone, which doesn't mean that he can't have a voice behind the scenes.

On another note, people were making fun of the Brown's QB competition earlier. If you think that there is a fair chance that Tony Romo will miss games this season (a popular notion), then you have to acknowledge that no team has a sadder group of potential starters than the Dallas Cowboys. Jameill Shower, Kellen Moore, and Dak Prescott. One of these guys will probably start an NFL game this year. I'd take Josh McCown or even RGIII over any of those guys twice over.

If Jerry Jones honestly believes the future of the franchise after Romo lies with one these players, he's either completely delusional or just plans on giving up after Romo leaves.

Hindl

That's why we need a quality back-up, as of right now we've got one of the worst in the league. So yes, that's a problem. Even with a half-competent guy behind center the offense would still be really good and fun to watch. As of right now, Romo is healthy, and we have the potential to be the best offense in the league.

Ehhh....I wouldn't say that. I could see them in the Top 5, but even assuming Romo plays well, Dez regains form, Zeke is everything he's cracked up to be, and Witten has another good year, I just don't see it. The Cardinals, Steelers, and Pats just seem to have more weapons on offense, and that's leaving a bunch of other teams that could be up there too.

Ehhh....I wouldn't say that. I could see them in the Top 5, but even assuming Romo plays well, Dez regains form, Zeke is everything he's cracked up to be, and Witten has another good year, I just don't see it. The Cardinals, Steelers, and Pats just seem to have more weapons on offense, and that's leaving a bunch of other teams that could be up there too.
Why the Pats? They have no run game and are weak at WR. plus no Brady to start the year. Steelers lost Bryant for the season and Bell for four games.

Cards yeah, packers and panthers yeah. They all have the potential to be the best but there is no clear front runner.

Hindl

Why the Pats? They have no run game and are weak at WR. plus no Brady to start the year. Steelers lost Bryant for the season and Bell for four games.

Cards yeah, packers and panthers yeah. They all have the potential to be the best but there is no clear front runner.

Pretty much the combination of a healthy Gronk and Bennett with Brady coming off his suspension is frightening. Those two in 2 TE sets with Belichick calling the shots worries me. I'm aware of Bryant, but for both the Pats and Steelers I'm thinking the whole season, so even with the 4 game suspension for Bell and Brady I think they'll both be top offenses.

We're flying under the radar again. Excellent.

I almost mentioned the Seahawks, and if you guys actually fixed your O Line I would definitely put them Top 5. I think they'll still be top tier, but just outside the elite bubble. But Seattle will remain a contender as usual. That's also where the Eagles' season this year will die.

Look, I like Stephen Jones. I just need to see more before I would be willing to acknowledge that we don't need a professional GM, like every other team in the NFL. Ted Thompson, Dave Gettlman, John Schneider, you need geniuses like these to win you Super Bowls. If Stephen Jones is smart he will hire someone, which doesn't mean that he can't have a voice behind the scenes.

On another note, people were making fun of the Brown's QB competition earlier. If you think that there is a fair chance that Tony Romo will miss games this season (a popular notion), then you have to acknowledge that no team has a sadder group of potential starters than the Dallas Cowboys. Jameill Shower, Kellen Moore, and Dak Prescott. One of these guys will probably start an NFL game this year. I'd take Josh McCown or even RGIII over any of those guys twice over.

If Jerry Jones honestly believes the future of the franchise after Romo lies with one these players, he's either completely delusional or just plans on giving up after Romo leaves.

Still going with the Browns being sadder.

NFC East is sad enough that Romo being healthy for even 6 games could be the difference maker. Nobody buys the Browns even contending with anybody there

Tom Penny

Pats offense can't function without elite WR and RB.

Bosa remains unsigned for the Chargers and didn't report to camp lol

Seriously tho, it's odd, wonder what the deal is. Surely he's not holding out for something related to offsets?

lol @ Belicheats press conference when they asked him if Tom will be starter if Jimmy G plays well

I blame the niners culture! He was a changed man within the great raiders organization! For sure!

Yeah when he's not drunk

Ironic thing was, he was doing great when he was playing with the team. I think when players are suspended, they should still be able to practice and be at the facility. Isolation is counterproductive for substance abuse imo. NFLPA should address it in the next CBA.

That said I think the Raiders are giving up on him at this point. They drafted Shilique Calhoun for this exact scenario.

Narag

finally good news for mech

@McClain_on_NFL
Texans GM Rick Smith signed 4 year extension. Counting this season, his new deal goes through 2020.

Top Bottom