• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

Hindl

Its insane how many gameplay styles were available on the demo.

Especially with the assumed Nintendo polish.

My only fear is that the game will be too massive. I just don't have time for 50 hour time sinks anymore. And once I get out of a game it is hard to get back into it.

Honestly it looks like you can spend a lot longer than 50 hours in there. The streams yesterday spent roughly 5 hours on the opening plateau and apparently that's only 2% of the game. I agree though, I don't have the commitment or time for long ass games anymore. This might be the exception for me. And this is actually really interesting:

"Users may not actually get the full story depending on how they play this game and how they strategize and solve puzzles," producer Eiji Aonuma told Polygon. "Users are able to go to the very end goal without revealing why Link woke up the way he did and where he did. Whether you want to reveal the storyline and find out why Link woke up, or you want to just go straight to the goal, that's an option totally up to the user."

When asked, Aonuma confirmed that a player could go directly to the final boss of the game from its opening moments if they wanted. However, he also stressed that he didn't view this as an ideal way to play.

"Anybody who can go straight to the goal without doing anything else — there's two possibilities," Aonuma said. "Either they're a really good gamer, or they could be somebody that's a little bit crazy. But it's not impossible. I created the game like that.

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/15/11942652/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-ending

Like shit they're really going for it

bionic77

Okay maybe this Zelda will be radically different enough that it won't be the same tired old formula.
Tired?

We get get a new console zelda like every 5 years if we are luck. The one problem you could level at the 3D zeldas though is that they were not very repayable. Once you figured out a puzzle it is not nearly as satisfying the 2nd time around when you know the trick (or not satisfying at all if you are dumb or are a weak bitch who runs to a strategy guide every 5 minutes).

Also, Skyward Sword is pretty much unlike any other game I have played with the total control of the sword and the combat based around it. I loved that game. It was totally different and most people fucking hated it as a result.

Really hope that the new Zelda is packed with stuff to do.

Been playing Twilight Princess and I really hate how there's so much open space that doesn't serve a huge purpose in the overworld. The nice thing about Wind Waker is that it kinda tricks you a bit because you know that for the most part, every island has something good so you can generally ignore the water.

I want to be tripping over heart pieces and other RPG like upgrades. I wish so much Zelda would adopt some serious RPG type upgrades like other games. Really anything that would keep my motivation up instead of having me looking to the next dungeon as a huge chore. A Link Between Worlds was fantastic mostly because it was non linear so it didn't feel quite as burdensome.

Basically why can't every game be Witcher 3 or Skyrim or something?
They are not doing the rpg upgrades and I am glad of that because it would mean the are not focusing on the physics and gameplay.

My fear is that it won't have enough enemy variety. That has been true of almost every zelda but hopefully they vary it up in this one. Especially with such a big map.

Also very weird in a Nintendo game that you can hunt and eat animals.

Hindl

Okay maybe this Zelda will be radically different enough that it won't be the same tired old formula.

You should look at this recap thread, it goes over everything they showed in bullet points. There's a lot of insane stuff in this Zelda. They were talking a big game about breaking conventions, and I had no faith in them pulling it off. But they blew my expectations away

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233823

NES Zelda or go home

This game is basically Zelda 1 in 3D

Respect

spxxOvV.gif

Link the eco-terrorist confirmed.

bionic77

That Horizon game really reminded me of Zelda and vice versa (open world action/adventure games where the hero starts with a bow).

It was also a great demonstration in the difference in how Ubisoft makes games compared to Nintendo (both look great btw).

The chick from Horizon also has an impressive ass (already game of the year for some of my NFL degenerates) and she looks like she could manhandle Link in a street fight.

bionic77

That was the wiiu version that they showed so hopefully the nx version will clean up a lot of the graphical issues.
I doubt it.

I think it will run at 60fps at 1080P on the newer console but I bet they look mostly the same. Textures just don't magically get awesome with a new console. The graphics look fine for the type of game it is. But it does look plain when you compare it to a more graphically intensive game like Horizon or some of the other shit shown.

It was also a great demonstration in the difference in how Ubisoft makes games compared to Nintendo (both look great btw).

Horizon is from Guerilla fwiw, the studio otherwise responsible for the "Killzone" franchise. (Ubisoft's open world game this year is Watch_Dogs 2.)

bionic77

Horizon is from Guerilla fwiw, the studio otherwise responsible for the "Killzone" franchise. (Ubisoft's open world game this year is Watch_Dogs 2.)
My bad. I thought it was Ubisoft. Same thing though with Guerilla. The differences in how they make a game are pretty vast compared to Nintendo.

I doubt it.

I think it will run at 60fps at 1080P on the newer console but I bet they look mostly the same. Textures just don't magically get awesome with a new console. The graphics look fine for the type of game it is. But it does look plain when you compare it to a more graphically intensive game like Horizon or some of the other shit shown.
The main stuff I want to see improved is all little stuff like the textures on some of the rocks being totally flat, or the grass looking really weird in spots. Overall it looked really good especially if it is as big as people are saying.

bionic77

The main stuff I want to see improved is all little stuff like the textures on some of the rocks being totally flat, or the grass looking really weird in spots. Overall it looked really good especially if it is as big as people are saying.
It looks good entirely because of the fact that Nintendo have wizards for artists.

As others have said there is nothing amazing about the graphics.

But art (and good animation) goes a long fucking way. Blizzard are masters of this too. I am not sure why others cannot emulate it.

dionysus

Yaldog
My bad. I thought it was Ubisoft. Same thing though with Guerilla. The differences in how they make a game are pretty vast compared to Nintendo.

That environmental interaction in that zelda gif is straight from FarCry 2 which is an ubisoft game. Nintendo does incorporate others ideas from time to time. That is a good thing.

FarCry 2: a great game that had masochists as lead designers.

Respect

That environmental interaction in that zelda gif is straight from FarCry 2 which is an ubisoft game. Nintendo does incorporate others ideas from time to time. That is a good thing.

FarCry 2: a great game that had masochists as lead designers.

Those re-spawning guard posts were the worst.

bionic77

How do people still get excited over cutscenes and trailers?

I was watching the Spiderman trailer and it looked like it was all cutscenes and CG.

Look at that Xbox pirate game. The shit that got people excited was the gameplay of ramming and shooting up other ships because you know you can do that yourself.

Draxal

I thought the grass looked fine. Trees otoh looked awful.

MechDX

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL 19h19 hours ago
Fair to question Osweiler's mental toughness? He clearly skipped White House & ring ceremony b/c it might be "awkward" or "uncomfortable".

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL 18h18 hours ago
@ProFootballTalk Yeah but he used OTA excuse for White House no such issue for Ring Ceremony. Plus M. Jackson & Trevathan not "all in"?

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL 17h17 hours ago
@Dameshek I agree he got a raw deal but that wouldn't stop me from once in a lifetime ring ceremony & White House trip. Be bigger person

@ProFootballTalk So he skipped out on two once in a lifetime experiences because his feelings are hurt? What does that say about him?

@ChrisLaw @ProFootballTalk On the contrary I think it shows he is soft

@ProFootballTalk Wouldn't be surprised if he's less effective than Hoyer would've been in HOU this year. For $16M more.

2192148024_688d0eb741_o.gif

Line_HTX

Another day, another stupid idiot insider who keeps touting Hoyer's garbage time stats that mean absolutely nothing.

God, they have CTE or something.

tmdorsey

Graphics are hitting the diminishing returns point, IMO. Good art, animation, and physics are more impressive these days to me.

Bionic, on the game length I think Zelda is going to warrant taking months to finish because it's going to require that many hours (I'm thinking 60+) to finish satisfactorily.

Bread

Banned
How do people still get excited over cutscenes and trailers?

I was watching the Spiderman trailer and it looked like it was all cutscenes and CG.

Look at that Xbox pirate game. The shit that got people excited was the gameplay of ramming and shooting up other ships because you know you can do that yourself.
sony is very good at cg trailers, people got excited at god damn killzone 2 despite it having the fakest trailer in the history of games.

Line_HTX

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL 19h19 hours ago
Fair to question Osweiler's mental toughness? He clearly skipped White House & ring ceremony b/c it might be "awkward" or "uncomfortable".

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL 18h18 hours ago
@ProFootballTalk Yeah but he used OTA excuse for White House no such issue for Ring Ceremony. Plus M. Jackson & Trevathan not "all in"?

@Dameshek I agree he got a raw deal but that wouldn't stop me from once in a lifetime ring ceremony & White House trip. Be bigger person

@ProFootballTalk So he skipped out on two once in a lifetime experiences because his feelings are hurt? What does that say about him?

@ChrisLaw @ProFootballTalk On the contrary I think it shows he is soft

@ProFootballTalk Wouldn't be surprised if he's less effective than Hoyer would've been in HOU this year. For $16M more.

[IMG][/QUOTE]

I only saw the very last tweet. I didn't realize he went full fucktard jackass with the continuous falsity that his feelings were hurt. CLEARLY OTA'S ARE NOT IMPORTANT, AM I RIGHT?!

Oh, and while we're at it, let's throw in Hoyer's "EFFECTIVENESS" which only came in garbage time. Clearly he is the better QB, RIGHT?

Fucking Elway dick sucker incompetent cretin "insider." Bitch Tucker and Bitch la Shitfora don't care and just like to spread lies for all the clicks. They're not legit reporters.

Bread

Banned
I only saw the very last tweet. I didn't realize he went full fucktard jackass with the continuous falsity that his feelings were hurt. CLEARLY OTA'S ARE NOT IMPORTANT, AM I RIGHT?!

Oh, and while we're at it, let's throw in Hoyer's "EFFECTIVENESS" which only came in garbage time. Clearly he is the better QB, RIGHT?

Fucking Elway dick sucker incompetent cretin "insider."
line please relax all this stress cannot be good for you

bionic77

Graphics are hitting the diminishing returns point, IMO. Good art, animation, and physics are more impressive these days to me.

Bionic, on the game length I think Zelda is going to warrant taking months to finish because it's going to require that many hours (I'm thinking 60+) to finish satisfactorily.
Ugh. That is a negative for me.

60+ hours with a busy job and kids is going to be hard. I would have to give us blessed sleep to accomplish that.

sony is very good at cg trailers, people got excited at god damn killzone 2 despite it having the fakest trailer in the history of games.
True, but its weird on a gaming board that people still fall for this shit.

That said I loved the Spiderman games on PSX(or maybe it was the PS2, I cannot remember) and I hope they can nail what it feels like to be spiderman.

RBH

Fucking Elway dick sucker incompetent cretin "insider." Bitch Tucker and Bitch la Shitfora don't care and just like to spread lies for all the clicks. They're not legit reporters.

nkd5OoD.png

BigAT

Reporters that aren't legit covering a quarterback that isn't legit.

Seems fair.

tmdorsey

Ugh. That is a negative for me.

60+ hours with a busy job and kids is going to be hard. I would have to give us blessed sleep to accomplish that.

Believe me I know the feels. With life getting in the way that's why I say it will probably take me months to get through it. Hell I've had Xenoblade since Dec/Jan, got like 56 hours logged in the game and I'm just over halfway through the main story. The freaking world in that game is huge and I've been doing a lot of the side missions.

Top Bottom