• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

Draxal

I used to love RPGs.

The last one I played was a replay of ChronoTrigger a year or two (or maybe more) ago. And it was like my millionth time through the game.

It's so weird that I have not played a FF since 10 (I played x2 but that was garbage and doesn't count).

PSX was truly the peak for RPGs and definitely for Square. Been a slow decline since then.

Snes - PS2 era was great for RPGS.

Chrono Trigger is still the goat.

I used to love RPGs.

The last one I played was a replay of ChronoTrigger a year or two (or maybe more) ago. And it was like my millionth time through the game.

It's so weird that I have not played a FF since 10 (I played x2 but that was garbage and doesn't count).

PSX was truly the peak for RPGs and definitely for Square. Been a slow decline since then.
They are still around but they're a lot more niche these days. Mainstream appeal of JRPGs in the west kind of peaked with the PS1/PS2.

You have a 3DS right? You should check out some of the JRPGs there, it has a pretty impressive library. Maybe give SMT IV or Bravely Default a shot.

BG lost his hair again?

moxDyQBH.gif

bionic77

They are still around but they're a lot more niche these days. Mainstream appeal of JRPGs in the west kind of peaked with the PS1/PS2.

You have a 3DS right? You should check out some of the JRPGs there, it has a pretty impressive library. Maybe give SMT IV or Bravely Default a shot.
New 3DS XL!

I am sure there are awesome on the 3DS and hell I even have Xenoblade on the Wii (unopened, it must be worth millions by now) but I really don't have the time for this shit. There was a thread on Suikoden on gaming age this week that really made me nostalgic for the first 2 games and kind of made me want to bust our the OG PSX, turn on the fan accessory I bought for it (because it is a POS console that overheats if it is on for more than 10 minutes) and start a new file.

Honestly I never even got to play all of the awesome rpg's on the DS let alone the 3DS. I even loved the Mario and Luigi games on the GBA and that Mario rpg on cube back in the day.

Hard to play a lot of games and especially rpg's and be even remotely social. But that shit is great when you are 12 and have no girlfriend and nothing to do on a friday night!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Smt has always revolved around summoning demons while being edgelords

FE is responsible for the animu in this case

This looks to be more Persona than SMT, and the PS2 Persona games were already making things more animu to begin with.

#FE just ups the insanity by several orders of magnitude.

It was a joke guys! I bet ya'll were already searching on ebay.

Searching? Jokes on you, I pre-ordered the SE on Amazon when it first went up!

mr2xxx

Banned
DAM!! When I heard about this I was pretty excited, I'm a big fan of Fire emblem and SMT, but uhhhhhh I look at some gameplay of this game and it s ANIMU2THEMAX, like seriously super animu, I don't know if I can handle that -_-

Shame cause obviously it's getting great reviews...... But I dunno *stomach hurts

I feel the same way, try it and let us Know! Be the canary in the coal mine, if you end up with an animu avatar we all know to stay away.

New 3DS XL!

I am sure there are awesome on the 3DS and hell I even have Xenoblade on the Wii (unopened, it must be worth millions by now) but I really don't have the time for this shit. There was a thread on Suikoden on gaming age this week that really made me nostalgic for the first 2 games and kind of made me want to bust our the OG PSX, turn on the fan accessory I bought for it (because it is a POS console that overheats if it is on for more than 10 minutes) and start a new file.

Honestly I never even got to play all of the awesome rpg's on the DS let alone the 3DS. I even loved the Mario and Luigi games on the GBA and that Mario rpg on cube back in the day.

Hard to play a lot of games and especially rpg's and be even remotely social. But that shit is great when you are 12 and have no girlfriend and nothing to do on a friday night!
I think you make time for what you want to make time for. If you can sacrifice even an hour a night you can finish a lot of big RPGs in a month or two. That's why the early bedtime for the kids is so important! ;) I mean I will never get to play all of the games I'd like to, especially the RPGs, but I think it's possible to still finish a decent number of games and maintain a normal adult life.

Then again you probably work some crazy ass lawyer hours or whatever. That and I think you probably just prefer to be doing stuff other than playing games these days which is fine too (you damn old).

bionic77

I think you make time for what you want to make time for. If you can sacrifice even an hour a night you can finish a lot of big RPGs in a month or two. That's why the early bedtime for the kids is so important! ;) I mean I will never get to play all of the games I'd like to, especially the RPGs, but I think it's possible to still finish a decent number of games and maintain a normal adult life.

Then again you probably work some crazy ass lawyer hours or whatever. That and I think you probably just prefer to be doing stuff other than playing games these days which is fine too (you damn old).
I have almost no free time in general.

I am neglecting more than games unfortunately.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If you had to do it all over again, would you become a lawyer?

He would've tried to become the primary legal counsel for a bunch of tech companies during hteir startup phases that ended up blowing up to the big time, so that he could've retired 5-10 years ago from the sweet IPO cash-ins!

Fantomex

I'm hooooooooooooome :'))))

Hi friend!

in other news. jnc Knicks.

This looks to be more Persona than SMT, and the PS2 Persona games were already making things more animu to begin with.

#FE just ups the insanity by several orders of magnitude.

Searching? Jokes on you, I pre-ordered the SE on Amazon when it first went up!

I did too friend. But I just do it so I won't miss out, even when I don't know what the game is.

Welcome home Greg!!

*raises hands in the air

O-H

DAM!! When I heard about this I was pretty excited, I'm a big fan of Fire emblem and SMT, but uhhhhhh I look at some gameplay of this game and it s ANIMU2THEMAX, like seriously super animu, I don't know if I can handle that -_-

Shame cause obviously it's getting great reviews...... But I dunno *stomach hurts

I am scared to get it :(

bionic77

If you had to do it all over again, would you become a lawyer?
I get paid a lot of money to talk and write shit down. I have no complaints about my job. I don't see many people who make decent to a lot of money with a lot of down time.

The downside to being a trial lawyer is that it is stressful and a lot of long hours. Most people can't do this shit. And a lot get out for something easier.

I always wanted to be part of some tech start up, but then again be careful what you wish for. Thats literally your entire life devoted to that company on the hopes that it succeeds. And I wonder if I am smart enough to hack it in that world.

I also wonder if I could have been a successful standup or writer. I have always been hella hilarious. To the point where I have to control it in normal social circumstances. People can only handle so much humor at one time and unfortunately most people are too stupid to understand anything other then a common fart joke. :(

Slo

I always wanted to be part of some tech start up, but then again be careful what you wish for. Thats literally your entire life devoted to that company on the hopes that it succeeds. And I wonder if I am smart enough to hack it in that world.

Do you have any engineering skills, or are you hoping to be the Jared in the situation?

Bread

Banned
I get paid a lot of money to talk and write shit down. I have no complaints about my job. I don't see many people who make decent to a lot of money with a lot of down time.

The downside to being a trial lawyer is that it is stressful and a lot of long hours. Most people can't do this shit. And a lot get out for something easier.

I also wonder if I could have been a successful standup or writer. I have always been hella hilarious. To the point where I have to control it in normal social circumstances. People can only handle so much humor at one time and unfortunately most people are too stupid to understand anything other then a common fart joke. :(
do you regret creating gata

bionic77

Do you have any engineering skills, or are you hoping to be the Jared in the situation?
A lot of my friends wound up getting jobs as VPs in tech companies or startups just because they did a good job as counsel for the company. Or maybe they sucked someones dick. When they tell me the story it is always the former.

do you regret creating gata
If my dick created something like Gata I would have to chop it off to prevent anything like that from ever happening again.

Spinluck

Can Zelda come out tomorrow?

Btw what did you guys think of Skyward Sword? I thought it as the worst 3D Zelda. Not bad, just not that great. Glad they completely remodeled the formula for this next one.

Top Bottom