• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

jbug617

Banned
No Paul Pierce slander.
paul-pierce-o.gif

Yeah I can't imagine moving to a coastal city right now unless you have a great job or are already rich, I've lived in LA for 28+ years so I've adjusted but I've had a few friends try to move here and fail so they went back home (West Virginia, Kansas, Ohio, Nebraska) while others have had to move away because they just couldn't afford living here.

My losses don't seem so bad now

If we are talking about players playing hurt I will always remember leftwich having to be carried down the field in college because he couldn't walk. That was crazy to watch.

cdyhybrid

If we are talking about players playing hurt I will always remember leftwich having to be carried down the field in college because he couldn't walk. That was crazy to watch.
Broken ankle if I remember correctly. It was amazing.

Edit: Broke his shin in the first quarter, went to the hospital for X-rays, came back in the fourth having to get carried to the line after the play, finished with over 300 yards passing.

Spinluck

Are you from Indy?

I still think that if you can make a career in the south or Midwest that you should stay there for financial reasons. I've just seen so many former classmates from high school and other acquaintances go broke trying to make it in NYC before coming back to the south with their tail between their legs. Cost of living is so extraordinarily brutal in much of the population centers on the coasts right now.

I'm from Miami.

Yeah I've seen this happen myself. People don't seem to last long up there. But as far as I know it's most of the crazy ones who moved up there out of boredom without that much money in the bank that couldn't stay. It would be for the most part a career move for me, better opportunities etc etc. With only very few personal reasons. I just finished college so I'm gonna chill down here for the time being.

A lot can change in 4-5 years. For all I know I can find a better job down here and get really comfortable. Florida is a perfect place for poors if you stay out of Miami or Orlando.

Come down here. We're friendly enough and living costs are pretty good for the most part.

We could finally go over Mech's house and play with his JJ Watt action figures/Lego sets.

Eat a dick, Spin

Cuntwhore

:(

Spinluck

Keep in mind that I've only spent 4 days in New York City, 80% of which was spent either inebriated or sleeping off the effects of said inebriation.

But I tend to agree with wienke.

It's an amazing place to visit. Awful place to live unless you're making crazy money. Even in Queens, the cost of living is exorbitant, way way way above national average (at least in the "nice" parts aka Astoria)

I visited NY in fall of last year, it was just awesome, I spent a shit ton of money, but it was awesome. I'm gonna consider my options heavily.

NYC is amazing to live in if you are single and don't want the hassle of a bank account.

If you want a family and savings then don't go to the coast as others have said.

Lol.

Fox318

You're welcome.

:jnc at Fox still pretending baseball is a sport.

Also, Beckenbauer playing a World Cup semi final in a makeshift sling after dislocating his shoulder midway through the match:

hqdefault.jpg

And of course, Terry Butcher vs Sweden:

3peWcZH.jpg

I'm not doubting the toughness of anyone in cricket. Just soccer.

S3CScBJ.jpg

Probably doesn't help that for some reason the production stanadrd for soccer isn't slo mo of the his but rather the reaction to hits. Do we really need a 2400fps camera on a man sitting on the ground screaming in pain?

Hockey players are pulling their teeth out and going out with crazy injures and football players would rather die than be pulled out of a game.

iRaMUzM.gif

Meanwhile one of the top soccer players on the planet is crying because he can't just play scrub liga teams.

Keep in mind that I've only spent 4 days in New York City, 80% of which was spent either inebriated or sleeping off the effects of said inebriation.

But I tend to agree with wienke.

It's an amazing place to visit. Awful place to live unless you're making crazy money. Even in Queens, the cost of living is exorbitant, way way way above national average (at least in the "nice" parts aka Astoria)

It's a great place to live. I don't have to drive anywhere. I don't need to own a car. I am single, so keep that in mind. Within a 100 yard radius of my front stoop, I have:
1) A grocery store (the clutchest thing of all time, literally across the road)
2) two delis
3) liquor store
4) Home Depot
5) Subway station that can get me to downtown Manhattan in 20 minutes
6) three cafes
7) food truck
8) Chase bank
9) about a dozen places to eat (chinese, sandwiches, burritos, you name it)
10) two bars

I pay $650 a month. There is something to do every night, 7 days a week. I bike two miles to work.

Again, I'm a single (as in not married) 26 year old. How can it get any better?

You are going to hate him!

He is pouty and drops everything!

Though he is fast and fuck and I could see him showing up just against us. Hopefully he sucks all year including but not limited games against us.

Even Mike Wallace admits that he's lost a step.

"I’ve probably run about 10,000 post routes and go routes since when I first came into the league, so maybe just a step, a half a step," Wallace said. "But I can still get it done."

Some people prefer not living in a shoebox

If you're just a single person, you can find amazing places for cheap on craigslist. My room is small, but my apartment is pretty big. I pay a reduced rent for the smaller room. I don't have that much stuff, and all I need to do in there is sleep, fuck, and jerk off.

It's a great place to live. I don't have to drive anywhere. I don't need to own a car. I am single, so keep that in mind. Within a 100 yard radius of my front stoop, I have:
1) A grocery store (the clutchest thing of all time, literally across the road)
2) two delis
3) liquor store
4) Home Depot
5) Subway station that can get me to downtown Manhattan in 20 minutes
6) three cafes
7) food truck
8) Chase bank
9) about a dozen places to eat (chinese, sandwiches, burritos, you name it)
10) two bars

I pay $650 a month. There is something to do every night, 7 days a week. I bike two miles to work.

Again, I'm a single (as in not married) 26 year old. How can it get any better?

The hell you living where you're only pay 650 a month? I need to be there

I never denied the access to amenities/food is amazing.

But the rent for any place that's actually livable (and like Eleuin said not a shoebox) is the restricting factor.

The hell you living where you're only pay 650 a month?

I never denied the access to amenities/food is amazing.

But the rent for any place that's actually livable (and like Eleuin said not a shoebox) is the restricting factor.

Brooklyn. I've been "subletting" for almost three years. I'm not officially on any lease. These sorts of situations are really common. Most people scoff at living in a small room because they've never considered it an option. Never considered that they don't need half the shit they own.

Brooklyn. I've been "subletting" for almost three years. I'm not officially on any lease. These sorts of situations are really common. Most people scoff at living in a small room because they've never considered it an option. Never considered that they don't need half the shit they own.
Do you share the house with others?

I just nailed a phone interview for a job in PA........

But I think I'm gonna opt for grad school even if I got a offer.

Told them I was a championship fan, they really liked that.

Thrones finale putting the teleporter into everyone's hands.

Loved the Arya scene, but damn she made it to Westeros in a hurry. Varys shows up in Dorne and then whoosh he's on the ship at the end. Gotta admit Cersei knows how to take care of her enemies.

I pay 475 right in the city centre for a nice room, with a big living room a garden attached to a little private park and a cat. I share it with 2 of my friends, but it's a great place.

(Too bad I spend most of my time at bae's place, so I'm basically funding my roommates but whatever)

Top Bottom