• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

bionic77

Are we sports fans any different than console fanboys?
Except for Pats fans and some Jags fans we are much better. We don't argue over why you should all be fans of our team. We spend out time ignoring the best teams and making fun of the Garbo ones (like the Niners, Pats, Steelers, Packers, Ravens, etc).

squicken

You know the Eagles are trading Foles, and you know Reid wants him. KC would have to be pissed if they traded #33 for him, right?

You can tell our time is just around the corner!
And by our time, I mean the draft.
Must exciting time of the year, I always get my hopes up for FA too but nothing ever happens. This years different though! Dream team!
I Want to see what Lombardi/banner do.
I think this Weeden thing can go in any direction right now.

You know the Eagles are trading Foles, and you know Reid wants him. KC would have to be pissed if they traded #33 for him, right?

I would be very happy with their 3rd. There is tons of talk about Reid wanting him, I really hope it happens but I am not sure it will. Reid is usually the guy that trades QBs and gets stuff back. It would be weird to see him be on the wrong side of that.

squicken

The Cassell trade isn't really 1:1 b/c he had signed a franchise tender. So he had to paid a ton of money in addition to any draft picks. Foles is cheap and under control for a few years.

The Eagles will know how much Reid really likes Foles, and if their isn't a QB worth drafting high, that really strengthens Philly's position. The problem is I just don't see too many other teams wanting Foles, and everyone knows that he won't fit there, no matter what Kelly says

Yeah I cant believe there would be much market for a QB with a weak arm, who is incredibly slow, and makes terrible decisions, but you never know and it is a really weak market this year. Eagles have to trade Foles for whatever they can get. They have a ton of holes and you are right about him not fitting here at all.

brentech

Must exciting time of the year, I always get my hopes up for FA too but nothing ever happens. This years different though! Dream team!
I Want to see what Lombardi/banner do.
I think this Weeden thing can go in any direction right now.
Wonder if the Browns will make a play for Jennings.

Quazar

STL fans have this argument about Brian Quick. The assumption is that he'll still be good in year 2, even if he showed nothing in year one. STL had bad WRs so it's a little different, but by the end of the year, SF's WRs were pretty depleted. It means something that Jenkins couldn't even make the gameday roster

True, but than I remember Crabtrees first year, and heavily questioning him as well.

Drakeon

True, but than I remember Crabtrees first year, and heavily questioning him as well.

Hell, Crabtree didn't start to look really good until this year (specifically until Kaerpenick was starting). He was pretty great the last half of this year though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I think he more or less already signed a contract down in Miami with the way he's been going on lately.

Which doesn't bother me because the AFC east needs help. It's like the Patriots get to play the Lions three times a year every year.

The whole Clowney insurance policy thing is just strange and mind boggling to me, sorry if I sound dumb but how could Something like this happen
I doubt it, I'd rather try and make a run at Wallace
Hell, Crabtree didn't start to look really good until this year (specifically until Kaerpenick was starting). He was pretty great the last half of this year though.
yeah I was starting to think Crabtree was a bust for were he was drafted until this year

Drakeon

The whole Clowney insurance policy thing is just strange and mind boggling to me, sorry if I sound dumb but how could Something like this happen

yeah I was starting to think Crabtree was a bust for were he was drafted until this year

Oh I definitely thought he was a bust. I still don't think he's earned that position we drafted him in, but he's playing remarkably better.

jakncoke

Banned

I believe most high profile prospects get some kind of insurance.

Quazar

Well I give Crabtree some room as he had to come off that injury from college and play with shit QB's. He came into a fucked up system. So is Davis just going to show up in playoffs ? Am I only one disappointed by him this year?

brentech

Well I give Crabtree some room as he had to come off that injury from college and play with shit QB's. He came into a fucked up system. So is Davis just going to show up in playoffs ? Am I only one disappointed by him this year?
Dude is a quality receiving Tight End that can block well. He had big weeks in the regular season, but when the run game is working well they just keep at it. When you can block and catch, the opponent has to be ready for either. I don't see that as a bad season at all.

There was a week with Alex at QB where he didn't have a single catch, but they ran for over 200 yards. I think only like 5 completed passes because they blew the team out on the ground

Edit, more catches than that apparently, but yea. Few weeks in a row like that.

Really? I could agree with a valid criticism like high injury risk. I think he'd work great with Colins accuracy. And please forget KW already, fucking garbage. Mario is highly questionable after this injury.

So you think we've seen enough of AJ Jenkins?

I hope I'm wrong and will gladly eat crow if I am but I don't expect aj Jenkins to amount to much in the league

squicken

Yeah, I don't have much hope for him either. At least LMJ is working out for us. Otherwise the 2012 draft would've been a complete waste.

Better hope SEA had luck drafts in 2010-2012, b/c they have been on quite the run. Still a little soft on their front 4, but it's a good draft to fix that

Yeah, I don't have much hope for him either. At least LMJ is working out for us. Otherwise the 2012 draft would've been a complete waste.

Yeah it was a crappy draft outside of LMJ but mostly because none of the others saw the field. I like cam and Fleming. Also looney looks like he could be a valuable backup. Don't forget we traded our 3rd last year so we have an extra pick this year.

We have a projected 14 picks this year. I have to imagine we will trade up a bit. We don't have 14 spots available!

squicken

Chiefs' GM John Dorsey

“The most impressive interview I’ve ever had in the last 25 years of doing this? Russell Wilson,” said Dorsey, referring to the quarterback drafted by Seattle last year in the third round. “Wasn’t even close. You could feel that guy as a person, how strong he was, how intellectually deep he was, how mentally tough he was, that he had the charisma to lead other players. I always try to look at kids like I’m in the locker room and I’m a teammate. It was easy to see this guy leading a team.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/16/4070696/no-clear-choice-for-chiefs-if.html#storylink=cpy

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Chiefs' GM John Dorsey

So why didn't they draft him then? Piolli was probably calling the shots but its crazy to think on how many teams passed on him.

I'm still not sold on Wilson mainly because of his height. He's got a solid arm and leadership skills, but so did Doug Flutie. 5'10 QBs don't last long in the NFL for a variety of reasons.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Russ is a top 5 QB, but he's not better than Rodgers

:jnc Top 5 in the league or from his draft class? He's not better than Stafford let alone Rodgers. He had a solid year but let's see him do it two years in a row before we start crowning him Top 5 in the league.

jakncoke

Banned
:jnc Top 5 in the league or from his draft class? He's not better than Stafford let alone Rodgers. He had a solid year but let's see him do it two years in a row before we start crowning him Top 5 in the league.

If When you guys go 6-10 or worse again next season, what excuses will you use for Stafford?

"GUYS GUYS only 5 years ago we were 0-16!"

Is what I believe the favorite. Still mind boggling a team went 0-16

So why didn't they draft him then? Piolli was probably calling the shots but its crazy to think on how many teams passed on him.

I'm still not sold on Wilson mainly because of his height. He's got a solid arm and leadership skills, but so did Doug Flutie. 5'10 QBs don't last long in the NFL for a variety of reasons.

wussle will drop off this year but he's still better than anything the seachickens have had since hassebald in the mid 2000's.

you need a tall, strong QB with tats to lead you. otherwise you're just another doug flutie, good enough in the regular season but just can't get the job done in the playoffs

colin-kaepernick-tattoos.jpg

Top Bottom