• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Same could be said with just about anything online. It's the risk you take when buying those games or doing things on the Internet.

Destiny is from what I gather not a singleplayer game. More of an mmo.

I'd still buy them when it comes down to it though.I said I wouldnt buy Diablo 3 but I did but I wasnt happy about the lag in single player.

brentech

So it makes sense to limit your customer base for it? Yea, sure, that's broadband but it sucks ass. We're like a third world country of Internet access.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Always on DRM isn't impossible for me but it may be an inconvienience.

Streaming PS3 games to your PS4 on the other hand is some bull. Far too many people have bandwidth caps as it is to even make that viable. Imagine steaming MGS4!!!

Always on DRM isn't impossible for me but it may be an inconvienience.

Streaming PS3 games to your PS4 on the other hand is some bull. Far too many people have bandwidth caps as it is to even make that viable. Imagine steaming MGS4!!!
I'm really excited for the Ps4 announcement, I hope the rumors aren't true and it has real BC. Random side note I actually had a Ps3 once just to play MGS4.......if I get a ps4 might have to play it again and trophy whore it like Grave

Godslay

Banned
So it makes sense to limit your customer base for it? Yea, sure, that's broadband but it sucks ass. We're like a third world country of Internet access.

4 mbps as a rough average 6 years ago isn't bad for the size of our country. It is likely better in cities and worse in rural areas like it always has been.

As far as arguing about limiting the base for it, online only can expand the experience in ways that a single player game couldn't. It opens new avenues of play as well as revenue. I'm sure that there is money to be made, and hopefully we get a good experience with it.

jakncoke

Banned
Poor Die Hard franchise what has become of thee. Just another generic action movie. It wasn't turrible like most said, but certainly wasnt good. Also when did gas prices drift towards 4 again?

Poor Die Hard franchise what has become of thee. Just another generic action movie. It wasn't turrible like most said, but certainly wasnt good. Also when did gas prices drift towards 4 again?
I've been avoiding buying gas for almost over a week just putting little amounts in, hoping the price goes down the next day :/

bionic77

Well let's be fair, tebow is one of the best things to happen to football fans. If he's not Starting this year someplace all fans should be prepared to sue the NFL
I was ready to take it the streets and start burning shit but I guess the lawsuit method is probably makes a tiny bit more sense.

P.S. he is going to the burgh, he is getting the ball, and he is going to score all da time on the way to SB 7.

Such a bummer. A buddy of mine saw this and told me the same thing :(

The 4th movie was so good too. Wonder if Bruce is getting too old for these...

Kiryu

Guys, Which team (including Vikings) do you think Percy Harvin will go?

My bet is...

Seahawks cause we took Taravis Jackson and Sidney Rice from them, and will take Percy Harvin from them again

Hate to say it, but I wouldn't mind seeing Percy on the Patriots could be great.
Weeden would be a good mentor for that young guy...
:lmao
I was ready to take it the streets and start burning shit but I guess the lawsuit method is probably makes a tiny bit more sense.

P.S. he is going to the burgh, he is getting the ball, and he is going to score all da time on the way to SB 7.
Bionic aren't you a lawyer?! NFL gaf can hire you for the case. We might only be able to pay you in avatar bets though

Godslay

Banned
tks, yeah still shitty factory work but I walk in making a more than what I made working an entire year at my old job and if they are not lying i'll be hired in 3 months and another raise.

Nothing to be ashamed of imo. Hope it works out for you in 3 months.

My body is all in for Kruger and Ellerbe.
Yeah finally time to fix our LB core, sick of our shitty run D.

Just kinda a crazy speculation by me but what if we got both of them traded DQ for a high draft( maybe a 2nd/3rd) and get Jarvis at 6 our Lbs would look like Jarvis, sheard, Kruger, and elly belly

Yeah finally time to fix our LB core, sick of our shitty run D.

Just kinda a crazy speculation by me but what if we got both of them traded DQ for a high draft( maybe a 2nd/3rd) and get Jarvis at 6 our Lbs would look like Jarvis, sheard, Kruger, and elly belly

Yep, I think our dline can be solid with winn, rubin and taylor. The linebackers though, 3-4 wasn't exactly D'Qwell's strength, could trade him. We dunno what kind of OLB Sheard will be, Cocong is coming off that injury and kinda light for OLB amd there's just no depth. SO hopefully FA fixes a couple spots.

Yep, I think our dline can be solid with winn, rubin and taylor. The linebackers though, 3-4 wasn't exactly D'Qwell's strength, could trade him. We dunno what kind of OLB Sheard will be, Cocong is coming off that injury and kinda light for OLB amd there's just no depth. SO hopefully FA fixes a couple spots.
Yeah, and alot of people are worried about sheard playing LB but look at how many times guys like Suggs dropped back in pass coverage and look at how many times sheard dropped back playing De. It makes me optimistic a about his chances.

Also I really want to get a TE high this year but idk if well have the chance to, but theres the kid coming out next year who's a absolute beast and cook looks like he's getting franchised. Well sign someone, but hopefully Cameron really can stay healthy and produce with Chud. He is a TE coach, that's why I'm optimistic about the position now

squicken

At this year's combine we will introduce a new and expanded player assessment tool designed to offer a much more robust and comprehensive assessment of a player's non-physical capabilities, aptitudes, and strengths. This tool was developed by Harold Goldstein, Professor of Industrial/Organizational Psychology at Baruch College, City University of NY. Professor Goldstein is an expert in industrial psychology who has designed employment tests in a variety of other industries and has worked closely with Cyrus Mehri of the Fritz Pollard Alliance.

The assessment tool being introduced at the Combine is not intended to displace anything currently in use or substitute for other tests that are given either at the Combine or by the clubs themselves. Rather, this new test measures a wide range of competencies, including learning styles, motivation, decision-making skills, responding to pressure or unexpected stimuli, and core intellect. It was developed after detailed discussions with current and former league executives, including Ernie Accorsi, Thomas Dimitroff, John Elway, and Jerry Reese, and was reviewed by members of the general managers Advisory Committee.

This is an exciting innovation that brings updated best practices from corporate America to the NFL football operations. By giving clubs new and more relevant information, it offers additional information to supplement your decision-making in the draft. One of the most interesting aspects is that new information on player learning styles can potentially help our coaches' work more effectively with young players.

We look forward to reviewing and receiving your feedback later this year and incorporating it into future versions of this assessment tool.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...aptitude-test-at-combine?campaign=Twitter_atl

jakncoke

Banned
So NFL is adding another test along with Wonderlic? Suppose to be an evolved version of Wonderlic whatever that means.

edit; goddamn squicken stealing my thunder :shakesfist:

squicken

haha to be fair that info about a new test was out this morning, but the memo and what it was actually testing just got released

Yeah, and alot of people are worried about sheard playing LB but look at how many times guys like Suggs dropped back in pass coverage and look at how many times sheard dropped back playing De. It makes me optimistic a about his chances.

Also I really want to get a TE high this year but idk if well have the chance to, but theres the kid coming out next year who's a absolute beast and cook looks like he's getting franchised. Well sign someone, but hopefully Cameron really can stay healthy and produce with Chud. He is a TE coach, that's why I'm optimistic about the position now

Yeah Sheard's surprised before, hopefully continues.

As for the TE, we're totally getting one, it's just a matter of when. I don't think they're gaga over Jordan Cameron, so we'll see.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

You have such a strange boner for TE. We aren't going to use a high pick on a TE when we got more important areas to shore up.

Besides we got hearthrob and TE of the future Jordan "Sex" Cameron.

You have such a strange boner for TE. We aren't going to use a high pick on a TE when we got more important areas to shore up.

Besides we got hearthrob and TE of the future Jordan "Sex" Cameron.
Warching Jimmy Graham and Gronk just makes me excited.......
Also Jimmers one of my favorite players .....so I'm bias

Remember Colts first year with with Watson

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I do! You'd like him too if he played on your team.

His attitude wouldn't fly on the better marquee teams like the Packers or Patriots. I mean, it's funny watching him troll people and all but I wouldn't want that on my team. HoFinley has the biggest mouth in Green Bay and the fans can't wait to get rid of him.

Is he still unsure if he's retiring? I thought he was going to retire. He may come back and play for another team?

No, he'll play for Atlanta or nothing. Arthur Blank and all those guys are begging for him to come back.

bionic77

Bionic aren't you a lawyer?! NFL gaf can hire you for the case. We might only be able to pay you in avatar bets though
Yes I am.

I won't work for avatar bets, but I might consider taking PSPs and naked pictures of your hot female significant others as an alternative payment.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
who gives a shit what brett favre jr. does

He has a long, long way to go before he gets that title.

He'll have to give the state of Georgia the middle finger and then go play for the Saints or Panthers. And also follow it up by having one of the best years of his career and then have everyone gush about how the Falcons were "holding him back" and "just think of he had played for the Saints his entire career!".

And really that's just the tip of it all.

Top Bottom