• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

squicken

:jnc Top 5 in the league or from his draft class? He's not better than Stafford let alone Rodgers. He had a solid year but let's see him do it two years in a row before we start crowning him Top 5 in the league.

c'mon i think Stafford is okay but he's not better than Russ

edit: lolz The NFL added an aptitude test to supplement the Wonderlic. For when your draft pick can't read

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...erlic-to-be-supplemented-by-new-aptitude-test

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If When you guys go 6-10 or worse again next season, what excuses will you use for Stafford?

"GUYS GUYS only 5 years ago we were 0-16!"

Is what I believe the favorite. Still mind boggling a team went 0-16

If Stafford plays like shit I won't make any excuses for him.

However I've seen enough of him to know that he has God given talent in terms of arm strength, solid accuracy and has as many comeback wins the last two seasons as probably any QB in the league, including against the Seachickens this year.

For whatever reason Stafford is never included in "the young guns/QBs" on ESPN, NFL network or even NFL GAF. I've posted his stats enough, but they speak for themselves. The Lions record this year is not indicative on Stafford but instead on coaching, injuries to the WR corp, special teams and a lack of running game.

I have confidence those issues will be fixed in free agency and the draft. Having someone lik Reggie Bush or CJ2K would work wonders for our offense.

c'mon i think Stafford is okay but he's not better than Russ

Wins and stats from the last two years tell a different story. Russ has only been in the league for one year so he can't be a Top 5 QB until he shows consistency like Stafford.

WedgeX

Banned
6 superbowls is overrated. then when people say "hey show me how many superbowls you've won" and you have to use 2 hands. 5 is nice and easy. boom i put one hand up and then the person gives me a high five. it's perfect

No more SF superbowl championships, ever.

At least with the Lions Superbowls I can sock somebody in the mouth.

brentech

For whatever reason Stafford is never included in "the young guns/QBs" on ESPN, NFL network or even NFL GAF. I've posted his stats enough, but they speak for themselves.
Hrm dunno why that'd be. Over 4 dozen picks in the course of 3 mostly full seasons. So weird they wouldn't crown him as the next big thing with stats like that....

jakncoke

Banned
Hrm dunno why that'd be. Over 4 dozen picks in the course of 3 mostly full seasons. So weird they wouldn't crown him as the next big thing with stats like that....

But did you know he threw for 5k in one season and nearly did it again, and has a 40+ td season and already over 12k yards!

Godslay

Banned
I thought of you last night. Was playing Darksiders 2 and saw one of those "tips" flash on screen about how to swim.....it has a gawd damn water level! FUCK!

It's almost unavoidable in those types of games. Unfortunate really.

that destiny game kinda looked like Halo..

And Halo resembles Marathon. Such much so that even the armor is named the same iirc. It's more of Bungie's style than a particular game, we are just used to Halo at this point. I thought it looks good, and if I can team up with people to accomplish things in game, that will be fun too. I trust Bungie to deliver.

Links? I only want the best bits, don't wanna wade through all the filler.

Nothing in particular, the mood is system wars and people are going crazy.

cdyhybrid

Better hope SEA had luck drafts in 2010-2012, b/c they have been on quite the run. Still a little soft on their front 4, but it's a good draft to fix that

Really excited to see what they do in this draft, I legitimately have no idea what they'll draft in each round. I know which positions they'll be looking at obviously, but as far as which they'll pick first/second/etc. I have no idea.

Just squicken to the Seahawks already! You will never be able to troll 49ers-age consistently with the rams

You should join him!

Squicken sure loves him some Russel.

Everyone loves Russell! Look at those piercing eyes.

xAnguOn.jpg

:jnc Top 5 in the league or from his draft class? He's not better than Stafford let alone Rodgers. He had a solid year but let's see him do it two years in a row before we start crowning him Top 5 in the league.

Russell has a playoff win.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The thing I don't respect Stafford for is that elite quarterbacks are always good for six wins. Rodgers in his "rookie year" dragged the Packers to 6 wins. The Saints were garbage this year and won 7.

Stafford is apparently worth 4 wins. Dude belongs in the Scam Newton category.

Well let's be fair, tebow is one of the best things to happen to football fans. If he's not Starting this year someplace all fans should be prepared to sue the NFL

Quazar

Yeah it was a crappy draft outside of LMJ but mostly because none of the others saw the field. I like cam and Fleming. Also looney looks like he could be a valuable backup. Don't forget we traded our 3rd last year so we have an extra pick this year.

We have a projected 14 picks this year. I have to imagine we will trade up a bit. We don't have 14 spots available!

Extra pick in 3rd rd or..? What're you wanting in draft?

Roto:
According to the Miami Herald, new Browns offensive coordinator Norv Turner is a "big fan" of impending free agent Matt Moore.
Turner has never coached Moore, but Norv's Chargers were believed to be among the teams interested in Moore just after the 2011 NFL lockout. Instead of backing up Philip Rivers, Moore signed a two-year deal with the Dolphins for a better chance to start. The Dolphins want Moore back to hold the clipboard for Ryan Tannehill, but the Browns could offer a chance for legitimate playing time.
Always knew he could be a option I'm down with signing him, I fucks with Moore
Could be a good Qb competion
Here comes the Weeden forever posts...

Extra pick in 3rd rd or..? What're you wanting in draft?

yes, extra 3rd rounder. possibly 2 extra 3rd rounders depending on how the compensatory picks are given out (some people predict we get a 3rd, others 4th or 5th).

we really need to start drafting some d-lineman. the last dlineman we drafted high was kentwan balmer and i think the last defensive lineman we drafted period was RJF which was later in that same draft.

Roto:

Always knew he could be a option I'm down with signing him, I fucks with Moore
Could be a good Qb competion
Here comes the Weeden forever posts...

I couldn't care less if Mickey Mouse was our QB if it meant more wins. I'm all about a good QB competition, Weeden was just handed the job last year.

mr2xxx

Banned

I'd take Wussle over Stafford any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Take away Megatron and what do you have? Take away Rice? and Wuss is still good.

Godslay

Banned
What if the internet goes down or something happens to the servers?Idk it just doesnt sit well with me.

Same could be said with just about anything online. It's the risk you take when buying those games or doing things on the Internet.

Destiny is from what I gather not a singleplayer game. More of an mmo.

brentech

The US doesn't have a solid enough broadband infrastructure for always on DRM. Would be a real pain the ass at times. We rank pretty low in average speed / quality of connection.
It's one thing to limit a game to it, a whole other ball game when every piece of software requires it.

Top Bottom