• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Browns-GAF makes me proud.

I'm hoping a healthy amount of you stay around through the season as well.

Y'all need to join in with me and BG as we yell "TRENT TRUCK" all game long.

Browns-GAF makes me proud.

I'm hoping a healthy amount of you stay around through the season as well.

Y'all need to join in with me and BG as we yell "TRENT TRUCK" all game long.

trentrichardsonbeast.gif

Looking forward to Trent in Norv's system. Will be awesome. Has a whole offseason to heal up and get better. Dude was playing all year with broken ribs and still rushed for close to 1000 and 12 TDs.

Kacar

Trent Truck!? I'm glad i heard about this i don't usually post during games since my desktop and cable are hooked up the the same TV.

I adjusted my avatar accordingly. (although i don't like that he's running over Kurt coleman an Ohio state boy, but i can deal with it because the pic is of His Truckness)

eznark

Banned
Trent Truck!? I'm glad i heard about this i don't usually post during games since my desktop and cable are hooked up the the same TV.

I adjusted my avatar accordingly. (although i don't like that he's running over Kurt coleman an Ohio state boy, but i can deal with it because the pic is of His Truckness)

Your avatar should be a picture of Bo Ryan raping Aaron Craft.

ATLANTA (KGO) -- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is shying away from the spotlight just weeks after his first Super Bowl appearance.

The Sacramento Bee reports Kaepernick received invitations to both the Grammys and the Oscars, but turned them down. He's also apparently been offered a book deal. Instead though, Kaepernick is training in Atlanta. His workouts usually start at 8 a.m. and last until the late afternoon. Kaepernick's father says his son is in Atlanta because he would never get anything done if he stayed closer to home.

Kaepernick is a native of Turlock.

1-14-13-Colin-Kaepernick_full_600.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0brHGJ6xqbk#!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Haha oops, and Wes too let's not forget him.

Actually for you newbie Browns-GAF fans you will pay Wes the utmost respect. He is one of the originals here and weathered the storm until we all arrived.

Bow down to the leader of Browns-GAF!

Wes

venison crêpe
That's more like it Kave.

Also you guys checking out British TV shows must watch Luther and also Sherlock.

bionic77

Stayed up last night to play Fire Emblem. God I love this series. Can't wait to start sexing my units.

Also hard is harder than I thought it would be. But I have too much pride to play pussy mode.

Draxal

After Chapter 13.

Ya, you get the side missions then (and some of them are alot harder then the normal chapters).

Stayed up last night to play Fire Emblem. God I love this series. Can't wait to start sexing my units.

Also hard is harder than I thought it would be. But I have too much pride to play pussy mode.

I honestly played it on hard/casual, as my time is more important than my pride. And if you can self regulate yourself (I just use casual for ingame saves at big bookmarks in the chapters), it's not really cheating (well I guess it is for bullshit reinforcments out of no where).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Through one day of the two-week franchise-tag period, no team has used it. Several reportedly won’t.

Add the Lions to the list of teams not inclined to play tag.

“We’re not going to franchise anybody,” G.M. Martin Mayhew recently said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.

It’s not a shock, despite three potential candidates for the restriction. It would take $12.4 million to use the tag for a second straight year on defensive end Cliff Avril. Safety Louis Delmas, while very effective when healthy, could be this decade’s Bob Sanders. And with a buyer’s market for tackles, it doesn’t make sense to plunk down $9.6 million for Gosder Cherilus.

The decision not to tag any of the looming free agents takes some steam out of the urgency to extend the contract of quarterback Matthew Stafford, whose cap number currently is parked at $20.8 million. Last year, the Lions chopped receiver Calvin Johnson’s cap number from $21 million to less than $11 million at a time when more than $10 million in 2012 cap dollars was earmarked for Avril.

This year, Avril, Delmas, and Cherilus will all hit the market when the clock strikes 4:00 p.m. ET on March 12. By the time the clock strikes midnight on March 13, the Lions could see one or more of them under contract with new teams.

-Profootball Talk

Mayhew is playing his chips right this offseason with focusing on restructuring Staffords deal. Everyone else is disposable.

I'd love to resign Delmas and I think we will considering he's a Michigan native and has taken to being a leader on this team since we picked him in the 2nd round of the 09 draft. Like Bob Sanders there play is similar but so is there knack for injuries.

Priorities this offseason:

1.) Restructure Staffords contract for the long term
2.) Sign Reggie Bush
3.) Grab a decent DB or two in free agency
4.) Hope that Luke Joeckel falls to us at #5. If he doesn't, no big deal, go with a DE, Dee Milliner or Jarvis Jones.

I'm already getting pumped for next season. This team for cocky after the 2011 season. We're coming out focused and disciplined with our eyes on a Super Bowl.

I honestly played it on hard/casual, as my time is more important than my pride. And if you can self regulate yourself (I just use casual for ingame saves at big bookmarks in the chapters), it's not really cheating (well I guess it is for bullshit reinforcments out of no where).
Yeah, playing on classic adds a ton of time to your total (or at least it did for me). I think I had about 20 hours worth of missions that I ended up restarting by the time I finished...

Draxal

Yeah, playing on classic adds a ton of time to your total (or at least it did for me). I think I had about 20 hours worth of missions that I ended up restarting by the time I finished...

Ya, don't get me wrong I reset all the time even on casual when a unit died, it's just I'd rather reset from halfway in a map then the beginning of the entire chapter when a map has 2 billion reinforcements.

WedgeX

Banned
-Profootball Talk

Mayhew is playing his chips right this offseason with focusing on restructuring Staffords deal. Everyone else is disposable.

I'd love to resign Delmas and I think we will considering he's a Michigan native and has taken to being a leader on this team since we picked him in the 2nd round of the 09 draft. Like Bob Sanders there play is similar but so is there knack for injuries.

Priorities this offseason:

1.) Restructure Staffords contract for the long term
2.) Sign Reggie Bush
3.) Grab a decent DB or two in free agency
4.) Hope that Luke Joeckel falls to us at #5. If he doesn't, no big deal, go with a DE, Dee Milliner or Jarvis Jones.

I'm already getting pumped for next season. This team for cocky after the 2011 season. We're coming out focused and disciplined with our eyes on a Super Bowl.

New theory, you're actually Nate Burleson.

Top Bottom