• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

cdyhybrid

You mean you dont want a qb in the 1st 2 years in a row? :eek:

Fun fact

Matt Barkley was born on September 8th 1990

Brandon Weeden was born on October 14th 1983

2582 days can be converted to one of these units:
223,084,800 seconds
3,718,080 minutes
61,968 hours
368 weeks (rounded down)

haha thats simply amazing.

Despite being just 1 draft class difference.
So Barkley can be Weeden's successor. He can sit and learn and come off the bench in two years when Weeden retires.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
VJNgyRP.jpg

Things you can say about your football team, but not your girlfriend

"I will spend whatever it takes just to come see you!"

SOMEWHAT FOOTBALL RELATED NEWS!

@AndrewSiciliano said:
Bucs DL Da'Quan Bowers arrested at LaGuardia, allegedly w loaded handgun in carry-on bag.

Is his brain located in his fucked up knees? Because boy is he stupid.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How do you pack by accident?

I think he used his carry on bag to take his gun to the shooting range a few days earlier. He told me that for whatever reason, he just wasn't able to sleep for a few weeks and was only getting an hour or two a night. He apologized profusely and said it was an accident and after a few questions let him go apparently.

Fox318

He's white and didn't give them any trouble at all? Maybe Mitchell International in Milwaukee is a little more relaxed than a major airport in NYC?

Real men should know when they are packing.
That's why I buy all my guns gold plated.

11YlpPD.jpg

When they ask if I have a pistol in my pocket or am I excited to see them I say both.

jakncoke

Banned
LaMarr Woodley's injury-plagued 2012 campaign has the Pittsburgh Steelers concerned about their outside linebacker's workout habits -- and at least one of his teammates talking.

Offseason Forecast: Steelers
With the offseason under way, Around The League examines what's next for all 32 teams. Gregg Rosenthal tackles the Steelers. More ...
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Sunday the Steelers believe Woodley must approach his training regimen "with more diligence" after parts of his past two seasons were wiped away by a string of hamstring, groin and ankle issues.

"He was awful," one anonymous teammate said of Woodley's performance in 2012, in comments to Ron Cook of the Post-Gazette. "He tells us he works out, but we didn't see it. He wasn't in shape. That has to be a reason why he was always hurt."

Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert defended Woodley to the newspaper, but the team cannot be thrilled about the linebacker's play since signing a six-year, $61.5 million contract prior to the 2011 season. Woodley was a terror for much of that campaign, compiling nine sacks through eight games before going down with a hamstring injury against the New England Patriots in Week 8.

After piling up 35 sacks from 2008 to 2010, Woodley has just four takedowns since his injury against the Patriots two Octobers ago. One reason for the concern -- and unflattering comments -- in Pittsburgh.

Wonder who ripped him and not too encouraging that it seems Woodley is lazy from these comments

Da'Quan Bowers was unaware that 9-11 happened and that changed how things worked at airports substantially.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/18/daquan-bowers-arrested-for-carrying-gun-at-airport/

NBCNewYork.com reports that Bowers was arrested at LaGuardia Airport on Monday morning after police discovered he was illegally carrying a handgun. Bowers had a loaded .40 caliber firearm in his carry-on bag as he was attempting to get on a US Airways flight to Raleigh, North Carolina.

At least he didn't try to go through security with it. He told them he had it in his bag when he went up to the counter.:jnc

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Bowers told the folks at the counter he had a gun in his bag when he checked in, Queens DA spokeswoman said.

retarded-boy.gif

cajunator

Banned
He has a long, long way to go before he gets that title.

He'll have to give the state of Georgia the middle finger and then go play for the Saints or Panthers. And also follow it up by having one of the best years of his career and then have everyone gush about how the Falcons were "holding him back" and "just think of he had played for the Saints his entire career!".

And really that's just the tip of it all.

He couldn't play for the Saints because we have Graham.
Would be nice as a solid backup but Im pretty sure tony G would want to be a starter.
So that leaves the Bucs or Panthers. Pretty sure he would just prefer to remain a Falcon. He's the only Falcons player I can respect.

Fire Emblem was sold out everywhere. I finally found it bundled with the 3DS; some blue edition. But I needed a system too, so I got it. It's been a loooooooong time since a game was sold out everywhere I look.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Fire Emblem was sold out everywhere. I finally found it bundled with the 3DS; some blue edition. But I needed a system too, so I got it. It's been a loooooooong time since a game was sold out everywhere I look.

Should have gone XL + Fire Emblem :(

I know it's sold out everywhere but the XL is sooooooo gooooooooood.

squicken

If Downton Abbey thinks it can just shit on my two favorite characters for episodes on end, and that I'll keep watching it, it's got another thing coming! I'll quit you!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If Downton Abbey thinks it can just shit on my two favorite characters for episodes on end, and that I'll keep watching it, it's got another thing coming! I'll quit you!

Mr. Bates is always struggling if he's one of your favorites.

Who are you talking about?

mr2xxx

Banned

I always hear about this show but I don't get the love of it. On the surface it just looks like some dry english drama but the fact it gets so much mainstream attention means there is something I must be missing.

eznark

Banned
I always hear about this show but I don't get the love of it. On the surface it just looks like some dry english drama but the fact it gets so much mainstream attention means there is something I must be missing.

All the women I know can't stop raving about it.

Follow-up to the Bowers post, he's in some deep shit. Same charge as Burress (despite not shooting himself) and it carries 3.5 years in the can thanks to the gun laws in NY:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...dia-airport-new-york-plaxico-burress/1929035/

Campbell said Bowers will be charged on two counts of criminal possession of a weapon on the second degree — the same charges levied against former New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress in 2008. The charges carry a minimum sentence of 3½ years in prison.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

And the one thing I recall Plax's lawyer Ben Brafman saying over and over and over and over was there was no wiggle room w/ that law.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Follow-up to the Bowers post, he's in some deep shit. Same charge as Burress (despite not shooting himself) and it carries 3.5 years in the can thanks to the gun laws in NY:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...dia-airport-new-york-plaxico-burress/1929035/

There we go!

Strict NY gun laws that Wisconsin doesn't have! (for those wondering how my brother didn't get arrested)

Bates and Anna who else is there all the others deserve their shitty lives fucking tv writers

Robert Crowley is actually a pretty respectable character for the vast majority of the time also. Thomas Barrow is probably the most smug villain in the show. I don't see how he isn't fired day 1 for just oozing evil and smugness.

Top Bottom