• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Izzo getting buttfucked tonight.

Oh, I love those.

Gh77i.gif

Bowser

Chiefs cut Steve Breaston and Kevin Boss. PFT speculating Breaston will land in Pittsburgh due to the Haley connection and Wallace's departure.

24 hours from now, gaf will implode. Calling it now.
It's going to be amazing. Genuinely excited to see what Sony shows (which means it will end up being very little and we'll be left with more questions than answers).

Chiefs cut Steve Breaston and Kevin Boss. PFT speculating Breaston will land in Pittsburgh due to the Haley connection and Wallace's departure.

Boss really should retire considering all of the concussions he's endured. Too bad, I'd take him back on the Giants as pure depth in case Unicorn ends up moving on.

squicken

How do Jets fans feel about Revis? Seems like every year he whines about his contract. I mean make all the money you want, but at some point the fans will have to tire of it.

bionic77

Calling it now.

Sony will exit the video gaming industry and take its resources and pump into electronic breath mints.
They are going to show render footage, a price and release date.

GAF will explode from discussing those details. Especially the renders. It will be next gen Madden all over again.

Part of me wants to see them overprice this. Best part about 599 US dollars was the people who tried to argue that the price was "reasonable".
Don't think there's a chance in hell. $399. At most $449 is my best guess but $399 is the likely target as it should be. They learned their lesson.

They are going to show render footage, a price and release date.

GAF will explode from discussing those details. Especially the renders. It will be next gen Madden all over again.

New Killzone footage, where the discussion will be 'Was it CGI or was it In-game?'

On a serious note, can't wait for new Guerilla stuff, read that they might do something with the release.

Don't think there's a chance in hell. $399. At most $449 is my best guess but $399 is the likely target as it should be. They learned their lesson.

They have a lot of tech to cram into the package, if this PS Eye stuff is to be believed. No way they manage to fit it into 399.

I think at very least 429 is real, with 529 for high end.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I really hope that Kotaku rumor is just a rumor.

That controller looks awful and paying for online is terrible.

I also don't want some playstation eye crap shoveled into things.

They have a lot of tech to cram into the package, if this PS Eye stuff is to be believed. No way they manage to fit it into 399.

I think at very least 429 is real, with 529 for high end.
People said the same about Vita and the amount of tech crammed into it. No way it would come in under $300!

I'm sticking with my $399 prediction. Kotaku's "sources" can say what they like. Pricing isn't going to be nailed down until E3 regardless and if its $429? We'd be haggling over $30 dollars...

Godslay said:
It's too bad that online play will now cost $.
Let's not confirm rumor as truth just yet. That's sort of the problem with the gaming side. Some rumor site like Kotaku posts stuff with "reliable sources" and people take it as an absolute and run with it in a panic.

I don't buy the PS World rebranding and cost for online play. I won't until it comes out of Kaz Harai's mouth.

People said the same about Vita and the amount of tech crammed into it.

I'm sticking with my $399 prediction. Kotaku's "sources" can say what they like. Pricing isn't going to be nailed down until E3 regardless and if its $429? We'd be haggling over $30 dollars...

30 bucks won't be enough to deter the serious gamer, but if the serious gamer was all Sony needed we wouldn't be having this discussion. You're right about not counting chickens though. Just putting my guess out there - if PS Eye is in it, 450.

Godslay

Banned
Let's not confirm rumor as truth just yet.

I don't buy the PS World rebranding and cost for online play. I won't until it comes out of Kaz Harai's mouth.

You're right. It very well could be for other services. I just have a hard time buying that they will stick to the free online play guns, when MS rakes in cash. Hopefully we will find out tomorrow.

$399 and lower would be the perfect price.

$299 is always the best launch price. We will never see that again though.

People said the same about Vita and the amount of tech crammed into it.

$30 may be nothing to you! Rich old man! But that's half a game or a night out drinking beer.

Also, how certain is it that you would have to pay for online? There is no way I can manage to pay monthly for 2 online services, and with all my friends probably only buying the new Xbox that would result in no more online Playstationing :(

30 bucks won't be enough to deter the serious gamer, but if the serious gamer was all Sony needed we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Sort of a silly argument isn't it? $399 isn't mass market pricing either (the casuals don't come into the picture until a good price drop or two on). "Serious gamers" and tech oriented folks are your launch target demographic. You're not capturing "Velocity girl" at launch...

Sort of a silly argument isn't it? $399 isn't mass market pricing either (the casuals don't come into the picture until a good price drop or two on). "Serious gamers" and tech oriented folks are your launch target demographic. You're not capturing "Velocity girl" at launch...

I'm starting to think that anything above 300 dollars is too much for entertainment hardware that's tethered to the TV. We live in a different world than we did when Wii and PS360 launched.

I just want to see how the games look.Will it be a serious upgrade from PS3 games?

We won't know that from tomorrow's show, it'll be the usual over the top projections. Doubt they announce a price too. All we'll probably get to see is what the system looks like, hear about some promised features and some of the games in the pipeline.

eznark

Banned
We won't know that from tomorrow's show, it'll be the usual over the top projections. Doubt they announce a price too. All we'll probably get to see is what the system looks like, hear about some promised features and some of the games in the pipeline.

I think they will show it and then talk online features and ecosystem. I doubt there will even be much in the way of games.

Quikies83

Steve Breaston and Kevin Boss are out in KC. Chiefs saved a mere 3.3 million with those cuts. Boss should just retire.

Andy Reid has no problem leaving Dexter McCluster in the slot.

Top Bottom