• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
my Twitter feed was just filled with salt over that ad. I figured the internet and GAF would get all upset, but telling me Paul Harvey pointed out communists doesn't help their cause

I'm not surprised GAF was upset about the ad because they were either honoring or promoting 3 or 4 things that OT GAF gets really riled up about.

Was the rest of the world really bothered by it though? I thought it was fantastic but I've shared a glimpse of my beliefs here a few times so that probably isn't shocking.

From my perspective, that commercial deified farmers a whole lot more than God anyway. Then again, I didn't realize that Zero Dark Thirty was actually "pro torture" (I came out thinking somewhat the opposite) so loads of things are going over my head these days.

tinantlu

They are an evil franchise and have never contributed anything positive to this world. Brady gave up penis and the Lord for Earthly glories. Bellicheat fucks every happily married woman (often very pregnant) he can find. And he usually films it and sends a copy to the husband kids to rub it in. Thanks to the Pats defenders are not allowed to touch receivers or quarterbacks anymore.

Look I am as in the tank for the Pats as anyone else, see my avatar for proof, but at a certain point in your life you just have to admit you were wrong, man up, and come to terms with the fat that your team is a bunch of evil douchebags.

The bold part is actually because of the Manning version on the Colts that the Pats used to destroy in the playoffs every season. Irsay and his cronies complained about Ty Law mugging Harrison off the line and for his entire route. The rules changed because of that, Irsay petitioned the Commish every season for it. We cheat, but damn if that rule change isn't our fault

They are an evil franchise and have never contributed anything positive to this world. Brady gave up penis and the Lord for Earthly glories. Bellicheat fucks every happily married woman (often very pregnant) he can find. And he usually films it and sends a copy to the husband kids to rub it in. Thanks to the Pats defenders are not allowed to touch receivers or quarterbacks anymore.

Look I am as in the tank for the Pats as anyone else, see my avatar for proof, but at a certain point in your life you just have to admit you were wrong, man up, and come to terms with the fat that your team is a bunch of evil douchebags.

Bionic loves seeing the Pats lose more than seeing the Steelers win

Bionic loves seeing the Pats lose more than seeing the Steelers win

I am a fan of justice and good winning out more then I am an Eagles fan. The Pats should never win anything after what they have done. I will always root for them to continue failing even more then I root for the Eagles to win.

JCizzle

Still so salty and bitter over the refs in the 4th. Not so much for the no calls, but the glaring inconsistency regarding when they swallowed them vs not. This shit is going to hurt for years.

I am a fan of justice and good winning out more then I am an Eagles fan. The Pats should never win anything after what they have done. I will always root for them to continue failing even more then I root for the Eagles to win.

No team that boos Santa Claus should win anything either.

jakncoke

Banned
You are an idiot if you honestly think cheating in the championship game is somehow comparable to fans booing a terrible drunken Santa Claus. What the Pats did was pure eveil and violated the sanctity of the Super Bowl.

No, but booing Michael Irvin while he down on the field is up there!

You are an idiot if you honestly think cheating in the championship game is somehow comparable to fans booing a terrible drunken Santa Claus. What the Pats did was pure eveil and violated the sanctity of the Super Bowl.

Patriots are paying for their sins.They have done their time and the punishment ends next season.

Apparently the Santa Claus curse must be real too.

No, but booing Michael Irvin while he down on the field is up there!

I think you are getting that story confused. People cheered when the cart came out for Irvin, and people took that to mean people were happy he was hurt. Irvin was a scumbag, nobody would boo him getting hurt.

Trey

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8912868/bill-barnwell-puts-ravens-win-perspective

Excellent article about what the ravens win means, why "momentum" is a stupid concept (and why most of sports writing and discussion is so futile.) Some quotes:

Good article. Especially the 2pt conversion bit. Should have went for it much earlier, considering the downside of not getting it early allows you to account for the discrepancy while you still have time to mediate the situation.

I disagree with the fake FG bit though. I think in the early game it's more prudent to think of things in terms of possessions and not points when you're building leads. Especially on a fourth and nine. That's no gimme against a well disciplined team like the Niners.

cdyhybrid

Still so salty and bitter over the refs in the 4th. Not so much for the no calls, but the glaring inconsistency regarding when they swallowed them vs not. This shit is going to hurt for years.
Now you know how we felt. Sucks, huh?

They should get Dethklok to do halftime next year.

Like offseason clockwork. When does race take over the thread for 5 pages causing me to post a million other things to try and distract you people

? I say the same shit all throughout the season. Calling out the Pats,for their cheating, or gator for his bandwagoning doesnt wait for the offseason.

jakncoke

Banned
? I say the same shit all throughout the season. Calling out the Pats,for their cheating, or gator for his bandwagoning doesnt wait for the offseason.

Every offseason someone uses the same troll bullet points against the eagles, then you people defend and try and act classy for half a page.

Im not even a bandwagoner though

You live/lived in Jaxsonville/Atlanta area yet are somehow a Patriots and Florida Gata fan!

Every offseason someone uses the same troll bullet points against the eagles, then you people defend and try and act classy for half a page.

I have never, and will never, act classy at any point in my life. I have no idea where you got that idea from. And gator you did turn your back on your beloved Jags for the falso promise of SB's and now you have to live with that shame forever.

Random Member : "Pats won zero Super Bowls"
Gator : "No they actually won three"
You : "Something something cheaters, McNabb is elite, deserved to win, destroy the integrity of the league something something'
Gator : Eagles burn cars, murder Santa, rape puppies
You : Cheating >>> Rape of puppies. You have no pride, bandwagoners and so on.
Me : Stupid snarky comment to you, rant about how Patriots fans are not all bandwagoners jadajadajada
You: Yes they are, born after 2000, no real love for the team,leave after a loss
Me: Fuck you, McNabb throwing up

And this repeats every couple weeks.

The Patriots and Eagles and Jets all suck.

Peterson said the Vikings are going to win the Superbowl next year and that he's gonna get the MVP again.

Far be it from me to call him a liar.

Random Member : "Pats won zero Super Bowls"
Gator : "No they actually won three"
You : "Something something cheaters, McNabb is elite, deserved to win, destroy the integrity of the league something something'
Gator : Eagles burn cars, murder Santa, rape puppies
You : Cheating >>> Rape of puppies. You have no pride, bandwagoners and so on.
Me : Stupid snarky comment to you, rant about how Patriots fans are not all bandwagoners jadajadajada
You: Yes they are, born after 2000, no real love for the team,leave after a loss
Me: Fuck you, McNabb throwing up

And this repeats every couple weeks.

This all sounds right expect for me calling Mcnabb elite. I have definitely never said that.

squicken

The Patriots and Eagles and Jets all suck.

Peterson said the Vikings are going to win the Superbowl next year and that he's gonna get the MVP again.

Far be it from me to call him a liar.

League can't sleep on Joe Webb having a whole offseason to learn the option game

Other then Kolb I don't think Yankee has ever come across a QB he liked.

Yeah that is true except for me liking Kolb. Giving someone the benefit of the doubt is different from actually liking them. I would like Luck, Kaep, or Wilson if they were Eagles but sadly they will never have a QB as good as those guys.

I hope Joe Webb gets traded or cut. Its not like the coaches are going to use him anywhere on the field and all he does is get dummies to call for Webb to start. Its annoying.

Fox318

I hope Joe Webb gets traded or cut. Its not like the coaches are going to use him anywhere on the field and all he does is get dummies to call for Webb to start. Its annoying.

image.php

Triple Nickel

Neo Member
As an Eagles fan this season for super troubling for me not the fact the the team imploded but the fact that RG3 (assuming he is coming back from the surgery better or as good as he was before) and the Redskins and now contenders for the NFC East.

Hopefully we can get a decent pocket quarterback and make some much needed changes on defense.

jakncoke

Banned
As an Eagles fan this season for super troubling for me not the fact the the team imploded but the fact that RG3 (assuming he is coming back from the surgery better or as good as he was before) and the Redskins and now contenders for the NFC East.

Hopefully we can get a decent pocket quarterback and make some much needed changes on defense.

pocket qb.. chip kelly.. nice try!

Are there any stats on how many "Flacco scrambles/is pursued out of the pocket, then makes miraculous lob to receiver 20-50 yards downfield" passes there were in the playoffs?

Because it feels like there was one on every fucking Ravens drive. It made for a very impressive and suicidal postseason.

Dre3001

For the few Jags fans on here tomorrow they will be unveiling there new uniforms and a new logo for the team

Rumors have it that new jerseys will be mostly black and gold with very little teal

Im excited to see what Nike does with the new uniforms considering I loved how the new Seahawks uniforms turned out

New logo im kinda iffy on though since I thought the current one was fine

Gobias

Banned
woo can't beat that excitement of another off season.

Also, what's it like to see your team win the super bowl? Does it feel good? I bet it feels good.

Top Bottom