• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

bionic77

Do you play tennis? You can take me in basketball, but tennis is where it's at for me.
I used to play a lot. Now I just play doubles every once in awhile.

I used to be pretty good. If you are awesome at tennis you might be better than me these days but I can't imagine anyone beating me at ping pong.

Greg

I used to be pretty good. If you are awesome at tennis you might be better than me these days but I can't imagine anyone beating me at ping pong.
ping pong was the love I discovered when I had shin splint issues going into college and couldn't play tennis
I used to skip gen reqs to go to the rec and play

I won the university ping pong tournament one semester against all the foreign players that I never knew existed on campus... I'm more proud of that than graduating

Utah DT Star Lotulelei, projected top five 5 draft pick, will not work out after echocardiogram detected heart condition. Filed to ESPN.

Lotulelei's left ventricle is pumping at 44 percent efficiency - normal range is 55-70 percent. He will undergo more tests in Salt Lake City

That sucks :(

jakncoke

Banned
lol Tyler Bray is 24 pounds heavier than his final game at Tennessee. Wonder if that'll effect his tattoo

tylerbraybacktat.jpg

That sucks :(

What does this mean for his career, draft stock. So that makes 2 top 10 prospects with body risks, right?

cajunator

Banned
My night supervisor (who is being moved to the day shift) is a huge NASCAR fan from Arizona. she goes to a few games a year, mostly in Virginia and Carolinas.

La Canfora just posted:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can't be finalized til league year begins 3/12

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

so it's not official, both clubs view it at as it's effectively done. I do not know the other team. KC and JAX are 2 teams that make sense

squicken

I don't trust La Confora. I think he makes shit up that is likely probable. All he's saying is that Alex will be traded and not cut.

bionic77

ping pong was the love I discovered when I had shin splint issues going into college and couldn't play tennis
I used to skip gen reqs to go to the rec and play

I won the university ping pong tournament one semester against all the foreign players that I never knew existed on campus... I'm more proud of that than graduating
I have an identical story, Aldo played a PP tournament and won. Best player was a Chinese badminton player who was supposedly on the national team. Barely beat him. His serve was so hard to return. Barely won. I was way too proud from winning a ping pong match.

My night supervisor (who is being moved to the day shift) is a huge NASCAR fan from Arizona. she goes to a few games a year, mostly in Virginia and Carolinas.

I live about 12 minutes away from Dover International Speedway so two weeks a year I get to develop a special hatred for the sport.

ofc it isnt. only douchebags get their last name tatted on their back like that.

What about guys who get tattoos of other guys name on their back? Like, oh say, their favorite superbowl winning quarterback?

jakncoke

Banned
I live about 12 minutes away from Dover International Speedway so two weeks a year I get to develop a special hatred for the sport.

What about guys who get tattoos of other guys name on their back? Like, oh say, their favorite superbowl winning quarterback?

Get it done, and i'll let you know.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Ontario McCaleb (RB) from Auburn runs an unofficial 4.21 40 time.

Haven't heard much about the guy other than the 40 time but he was head and shoulders above all other RBs in terms of the 40.

I'll jump over bionic and mastershake, but that doesn't mean I'm great at basketball.

I'm just saying I'd wager money on tennis.

I would destroy the both of you on the tennis court. Although I haven't really played in like 2 years, I was really good. I started real young with tennis, but got bored with it when I turned like 13, picked it up again when 16, but never returned to the level of my glory days.

I would also destroy all of you with golf and the Euro advantage will help me with soccer.

Gregg Rosenthal says chatter is that deal with KC is all but done. KC better not have done something stupid.

Going nearly 30 years without drafting a quarterback in the first round is stupid.

I must've been delusional to think that they'd draft one now. If you're not good enough to hold the starting job for your team, the Chiefs are interested. At least now they can complete their version of Mount Rushmore, "49ers quarterbacks to come to the Chiefs and win nothing" alongside Montana, Bono, & Grbac.

squicken

Going nearly 30 years without drafting a quarterback in the first round is stupid.

I must've been delusional to think that they'd draft one now. If you're not good enough to hold the starting job for your team, the Chiefs are interested. At least now they can complete their version of Mount Rushmore, "49ers quarterbacks to come to the Chiefs and win nothing" alongside Montana, Bono, & Grbac.

Well all along the talk was you guys would move back into the first round late to get your guy. So it can still happen. Alex will never be as good as he was under Harbs, but he's a huge upgrade over Cassell, and can mentor the rookie you draft. I just worry about how much they gave up for Alex. I doubt there was a market, and I hope they didn't give up more than a 4th

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Damontre Moore(DE), potential top 5 pick, struggled just to get 12 reps on the bench press. Will no doubt affect his draft stock.

Marcus Hunt DL from Arkansas and potential first round pick had a very impressive 38 reps on the bench press.

bionic77

I would destroy the both of you on the tennis court. Although I haven't really played in like 2 years, I was really good. I started real young with tennis, but got bored with it when I turned like 13, picked it up again when 16, but never returned to the level of my glory days.

I would also destroy all of you with golf and the Euro advantage will help me with soccer.
I used to be good at tennis and golf too (best score was a 78 with 2 doubles).

I never learned how to play soccer so I don't give a fuck.

Regardless I would not let myself lose to a Pats fan.

I realize this is still all speculation, but this feels like a Chiefs move.

As with every other coach and GM, Reid and Dorsey will be judged on the end result. However I feel about the quarterbacks in this draft, I realize that they might not like any of them.

I've just seen this scenario play out time after time, and it hasn't worked. Maybe they take a guy in the 2nd/3rd and let Alex Smith take over for a year or so. However, I don't think he's being dealt to a team with the expectation of only starting one year. He'll be traded and given an extension.

Damontre Moore(DE), potential top 5 pick, struggled just to get 12 reps on the bench press. Will no doubt affect his draft stock.

Marcus Hunt DL from Arkansas and potential first round pick had a very impressive 38 reps on the bench press.
It always amazes me when some of these guys are barely getting 10 reps of 225 (assuming their not injured). They've got amazing strength programs in alot of these colleges and they have plenty of time to prepare for the combine, I mean what are they doing ?
It just seems kinda embarrassing

jakncoke

Banned
It always amazes me when some of these guys are barely getting 10 reps of 225 (assuming their not injured). They've got amazing strength programs in alot of these colleges and they have plenty of time to prepare for the combine, I mean what are they doing ?

Some SMU wr did 6 reps lol, thats like kicker level

Brian Billick 2013 NFL Mock Draft

1. KC - Luke Joeckel OT
2. JAX - Bjoern Werner DE
3. OAK - Sharrif Floyd DT
4. PHI - Chance Warmack G
5. DET - Damontre Moore DE
6. CLE - Cordarrelle Patterson WR
7. ARZ - Eric Fisher OT
8. BUF - Dion Jordan DE/OLB
9. NYJ - Jarvis Jones DE/OLB
10. TEN - Jonathan Cooper G/C
No one knows how to mock past 10

DominoKid

they not workin.

Godslay

Banned
Small hands to KC? Depending on what they give up, it could be a good move. I think they'll have a good team next year. If things fall into place they could be a wild card team. I take it they will also franchise or give Bowe a good contract.

Sundays suck ass now.

They do, but this one wasn't that bad. Put into a ton of time into Fire Emblem. It's fucking great. I haven't had this much fun playing a strategy game, since probably Vandal Hearts on PS1.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm going to add Knile Davis to Johnathan Cyprien on my list of players I want the Steelers to draft. I thought Davis looked great in those drills. I also want to see Cyprien on Tuesday.

Is Ari the Ms version of snesfreak?

He's worse.

edit - Teo's not doing the bench press?

jakncoke

Banned
I'm going to add Knile Davis to Johnathan Cyprien on my list of players I want the Steelers to draft. I thought Davis looked great in those drills. I also want to see Cyprien on Tuesday.

He's worse.

Was reading through the topic that MS event might be April 26th and he seems pretty vested with MS in that topic.

Top Bottom