• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

bionic77

N for Nintendo (Snes is that you?)
You really seem to hate Nintendo.

That makes me happy because it makes you a fanboy and it allows me to put you into the idiot category (I am all for categorizing, detaining and jailing Pats fans whenever possible).

Dragon

Banned
You really seem to hate Nintendo.

That makes me happy because it makes you a fanboy and it allows me to put you into the idiot category (I am all for categorizing, detaining and jailing Pats fans whenever possible).

I don't hate Nintendo. I think they're largely incompetent when it comes to their online infrastructure so I don't see myself buying a WiiU for that reason. I own a Wii, Gamecube and 3DS though and enjoyed playing some games on those platform. I like Sony better because I feel they target more of the experiences that I'm interested in. I make no bones about it. But putting me in the same group as ari is disingenuous at best.

BigAT

Sean Payton is good at using binoculars.

Zqouh9R.jpg

bionic77

I don't hate Nintendo. I think they're largely incompetent when it comes to their online infrastructure so I don't see myself buying a WiiU for that reason. I own a Wii, Gamecube and 3DS though and enjoyed playing some games on those platform. I like Sony better because I feel they target more of the experiences that I'm interested in. I make no bones about it. But putting me in the same group as ari is disingenuous at best.
I think we are both ok with that.

I just see these boxes as netflix and gaming machines. The Wii had some fantastic games on it for awhile. The last time I used mine was for SS and I don't think I touched it since. But the games I played on it were so good that I have good memories of the system overall. Honestly I think I use my PS3 more often for BRs and Netflix, but I think the best games on Wii were better (for me) than the best games on PS3. I still need a Xbox or PS3 for the good multiplatform and first party games that I am interested in, but I mainly need them for sports. Nintendo consoles just don't get good versions of sports games.

I am not the typical gamer though. I will be more than happy with my 3DS purchase just from Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus.

Bowser

Russ Lande tells us which players stood out during Sunday's Combine workout.

5. Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina: The best of the running backs today, one scout told us that Bernard “looked like Ray Rice athletically” in the workout. Displaying quick feet and a rare explosive burst changing directions he showed he should be a very elusive back in the NFL. Another scout told me that Bernard looked like “the real deal” and definitely warrants being picked in the first round when you combine his workout with his outstanding production at North Carolina.

pls god don't let Gio go to the dirty Falcons

brentech

Being a dick doesn't seem to help in the playoffs...
Did you read the article? It addresses that. Saying early in Mannings career he wasn't like that. Essentially saying that's why Barclay didn't win bowl games was him not taking command and making sure things were right as well.
Obviously trying to control all your guys doesn't equate to SB win every year, but they credit Mannings turnaround from no/few playoff wins to getting further in playoffs more often.

I think it's a a valid point, but only once they've earned respect/trust. Again, doesn't mean you get a SB

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah that one that performed at the SuperBowl, Ciara I believe it was.

You guys are thinking of Beyonce. She's the Bryant Gumble/Wayne Brady of black girls.

Meaning that she's the least "offensive" chick you guys have so that marketers don't lose the Deep South/West Virginia/Boston.

bionic77

Did you read the article? It addresses that. Saying early in Mannings career he wasn't like that. Essentially saying that's why Barclay didn't win bowl games was him not taking command and making sure things were right as well.
Obviously trying to control all your guys doesn't equate to SB win every year, but they credit Mannings turnaround from no/few playoff wins to getting further in playoffs more often.
Well that does make sense.

The year that Rodgers knocked that stupid bitch cancer patient the fuck out (and we all agreed that she deserved it for distracting him with a request for an autograph) you guys did go on a Flacco-esque run and win it all.

Since that time it seems the backlash has made him behave or maybe the success and commercials made him soft and they have regular choke artists.

Well that does make sense.

The year that Rodgers knocked that stupid bitch cancer patient the fuck out (and we all agreed that she deserved it for distracting him with a request for an autograph) you guys did go on a Flacco-esque run and win it all.

Since that time it seems the backlash has made him behave or maybe the success and commercials made him soft and they have regular choke artists.

same can be said for Ben. he hasn't won shit since he stopped being a (and using his) dick inappropriately.

Dragon

Banned
I think we are both ok with that.

I just see these boxes as netflix and gaming machines. The Wii had some fantastic games on it for awhile. The last time I used mine was for SS and I don't think I touched it since. But the games I played on it were so good that I have good memories of the system overall. Honestly I think I use my PS3 more often for BRs and Netflix, but I think the best games on Wii were better (for me) than the best games on PS3. I still need a Xbox or PS3 for the good multiplatform and first party games that I am interested in, but I mainly need them for sports. Nintendo consoles just don't get good versions of sports games.

I am not the typical gamer though. I will be more than happy with my 3DS purchase just from Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus.

You'll probably like Microsoft's Nextbox if the rumors are accurate.

The only game I really played on the Wii (besides some drunk playing of New Super Mario Bros. with some friends) was Xenoblade Chronicles. Nintendo's consoles just really don't do it for me and haven't since the SNES.

bionic77

same can be said for Ben. he hasn't won shit since he stopped being a (and using his) dick inappropriately.
I don't think that is a secret.

And sadly I think most Steeler fans are willing to sacrifice a few unwilling porkos to get another Superbowl Championship or two.

You'll probably like Microsoft's Nextbox if the rumors are accurate.

The only game I really played on the Wii (besides some drunk playing of New Super Mario Bros. with some friends) was Xenoblade Chronicles. Nintendo's consoles just really don't do it for me and haven't since the SNES.
I am sick of shooters and FPS games in general so I don't see the NextBox being for me unless it gets more Japanese centric titles. For now those games seem to be on Nintendo and Sony platforms.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just realized that Square Enix is screwed. They've been delaying stuff all gen and now the PS4 is out this fall.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5
Versus XIII (lol)
Lightning Returns

Those will all come out well after or basically during the launch of the PS4. What a broken company....

bionic77

Just realized that Square Enix is screwed. They've been delaying stuff all gen and now the PS4 is out this fall.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5
Versus XIII (lol)
Lightning Returns

Those will all come out well after or basically during the launch of the PS4. What a broken company....
Japanese companies did not make the transition to HD. A lot of the support on XBox and PS3 were just downgraded PC titles and PC companies making the transition to closed box systems. That seems like it was a very easy transition for them.

For Japanese companies it seems like if they were not heavy on DS or PSP support they got fucked hard.

Wonder if they will catch up this gen? Initially I thought they might support the WiiU because of this because it was basically a 2nd attempt at last gen with a few cool gimmicks, but it shit sales might not let that happen.

Dragon

Banned
Japanese companies did not make the transition to HD. A lot of the support on XBox and PS3 were just downgraded PC titles and PC companies making the transition to closed box systems. That seems like it was a very easy transition for them.

For Japanese companies it seems like if they were not heavy on DS or PSP support they got fucked hard.

Wonder if they will catch up this gen? Initially I thought they might support the WiiU because of this because it was basically a 2nd attempt at last gen with a few cool gimmicks, but it shit sales might not let that happen.

For the most part (Capcom seems to be an exception), Japanese companies tended to write a game engine from scratch for every game. SE tried to fix this with Crystal Tools but they didn't plan on that being cross-platform which resulted in FFXIII and its subsequent critical and financial disaster. Which resulted in FFXIII-2 and soon to be FFXIII-3.

I don't really like Capcom but they seem to be on the more competent end of the spectrum over there when it comes to HD. I don't trust SE even if that Agni demo looked amazing. And it was even more hilarious to have an announcement of an announcement at Sony's meeting last week. Between Versus and The Last Guardian, Japanese developers have had such a tough transition.

Edit: To be honest, I'd put Sega right below Capcom. They really seemed to turn it around this gen.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
For the most part (Capcom seems to be an exception), Japanese companies tended to write a game engine from scratch for every game. SE tried to fix this with Crystal Tools but they didn't plan on that being cross-platform which resulted in FFXIII and its subsequent critical and financial disaster. Which resulted in FFXIII-2 and soon to be FFXIII-3.

I don't really like Capcom but they seem to be on the more competent end of the spectrum over there when it comes to HD. I don't trust SE even if that Agni demo looked amazing. And it was even more hilarious to have an announcement of an announcement at Sony's meeting last week. Between Versus and The Last Guardian, Japanese developers have had such a tough transition.

Now imagine all that work (or whatever they've been doing) on Versus is going to be obsolete in less than a year! Not saying it can't be a great game but it almost feels like SE was expecting another year of the PS3/360 combo.

When I go back and think on what Japan has released this gen, it feels disingenuous to say that *all* of Japan had troubles when SE (and Team ICO to some extent) were the most glaring examples. All the other Japanese studios had reduced output than the PS2 era but I would say they all released at least one great game a year on average. We're just back to the NES era in the number of games being made (except there's no one artificially restricting output)...

Bowser

BTW, picked up a 3DS XL and SM3DL this weekend. Played through the first world yesterday, game's a lot of fun so far. May pick up Zelda: OoT Pre-Owned for $25 from Best Buy. I've played it, but was too young to really enjoy it (10 years old when it was released lol).

edit: ah fuck, OoT for $25 Pre-Owned is a store pickup deal only, none of the stores around me have it :/

BTW, picked up a 3DS XL and SM3DL this weekend. Played through the first world yesterday, game's a lot of fun so far. May pick up Zelda: OoT Pre-Owned for $25 from Best Buy. I've played it, but was too young to really enjoy it (10 years old when it was released lol).
You did good, SM3DL is a real gem of a game.

The real purpose of this post is to tell you to get Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Bought a new truck:

Ag_640.jpg

Little outrageous but YOLO!

Isn't that just the standard "Texas Edition" that I see everywhere?

Amazing that the picture is from the Woodlands since parking spots here are typically a loose fit for a compact car but are no way meant for anything that large.

eznark

Banned
2008 and it only has 16,000 miles? What did the previous owner do with it?

I had no idea they made 650 XLT's. The two don't seem like there would be a huge crossover in needs.

effzee

Anyone else catch a little earlier on NflN when they showed Reid in his press box and some dude wearing Eagles gear walked in? Looked like Reid was still bossing him around.

Lmao at the Reid gif

Speaking of big trucks, anyone else ever had the pleasure of driving one of these bad boys?

2800077082_43832e31d8.jpg

I got to do it for about two weeks. The best way I can describe it is it feels like driving a house. It also makes everything else feel like a go-kart.

Where is this, in the eShop?
Yep.

FFXvlCL.jpg

Bill is not impressed with those big guys running around in skin tight outfits. Pay attention Bill! Don't want to draft another bust CB!

Also, he's wearing the same hoodie as yesterday.

Top Bottom