• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

eznark

Banned
I am sad to see him go but no way does he fit a 3-4.

lolwat

505066.jpg

Eagles switching to a 3-4? What are you going to do with DeMeco Ryans?

No idea. I guess they are going to cross their fingers and hope his problems in Houston were due to recovering from injury and not him needing to be in a 4-3. Ryans is one of many reasons that I think this switch is a big mistake.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hahaha it's amazing that every comment I've read about cutting Jenkins have been people saying to bring him back to Green Bay. It's always great when a fanbase is on the same page.

MechDX

No idea. I guess they are going to cross their fingers and hope his problems in Houston were due to recovering from injury and not him needing to be in a 4-3. Ryans is one of many reasons that I think this switch is a big mistake.

I would have loved to have him this past season when Cushing went down. I don't know how bad he really is in pass coverage since in Wade's scheme it only calls for one ILB on passing downs and Cushing is just a beast in pass coverage so Ryans never got much of a chance.

Raiders will try to cut down Palmer's salary:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Raiders will try to restructure QB Carson Palmer's contract, scheduled to pay him $13 million this season. Palmer could take Vick-like hit.

bionic77

Undersized AND slow?

That's a terrible combo.

edit: David Garrard ran a 4.83 40 for comparison. Holy crap.
That was fast enough to avoid our defense when it was good.

He seems like a good for for the Jets. We have slow LBs but they are not undersized so he does not fit our system,

effzee

We aren't confirmed to switch to 3-4 and this move doesn't reflect that. This was to free up more money.

Honestly don't like this move. There is a lot we need to improve on Defense but Jenkins has been the one solid good pick up from that fa splurge from two off-seasons ago. DT becomes a need once again regardless of what system we run.

I really hope someone takes him before he gets to Detroit. If they had even mediocre play on the defensive line that team might win a game or two.
If Detroit doesn't take Millner I'll be shocked.

Matt Barkley met with the Bills and Jets. I like where this is going.
Jets taking another USC QB would be amazing.

Kiwi has restructured his contract to give the Giants 1 million in cap space:

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/2/25/4028648/report-mathias-kiwanuka-re-structures-contract

Wouldn't Millner be the highest CB taken since Woodson?
I believe so, yes. Though Cowboys came close to breaking that last season when they took Clairborne at 6 (they moved up for him, IIRC)

Who are the Lions fielding at CB at this point? (I'd have to look)

EDIT: Hold on, Woodson was selected 4th - don't the Lions pick 5th? Patrick Peterson was selected 5th by the Cardinals as well..

eznark

Banned
I believe so, yes. Though Cowboys came close to breaking that last season when they took Clairborne at 6 (they moved up for him, IIRC)

Who are the Lions fielding at CB at this point? (I'd have to look)

EDIT: Hold on, Woodson was selected 4th - don't the Lions pick 5th? Patrick Peterson was selected 5th by the Cardinals as well..

Trash, but their DE situation is just as bad if not worse with KVB and Avril leaving.

Patterson sure would be nice, but he will be gone by the time the Rams pick rolls around and we have too many needs to be trading up for anyone. My bet is we take Tavon Austin in the second if he is still there and let Amendola walk

effzee

Eagles rumors from Jeff Mclane, Eagles beat writer:

He said, he believes Chip Kelly will trade Foles. He spoke to someone close to Chip the day he signed with the Eagles. They told him Kelly doesn’t like Foles. He heard more of the same at the Senior Bowl and now at the NFL combines. All the “I love Foles talk” is just a sales pitch.
He believes there is a chance that Kelly could pick Geno.
If not Geno, he thinks Kelly will pick Dion Jordan the sub 4.6 (40 speed), 6’7” - 243lbs DE from Oregon.

Geno at 4? Jordan at 4? I don't know if either of those guys is worth it at 4. Now if we traded down, say with the Rams who have two first round picks, and took Jordan or Smith mid first round I wouldn't have a problem at all.

Geno at 4? Jordan at 4? I don't know if either of those guys is worth it at 4. Now if we traded down, say with the Rams who have two first round picks, and took Jordan or Smith mid first round I wouldn't have a problem at all.
Jordan is having a helluva combine at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised to see him shoot up some boards....

Les Snead reaffirmed his willingness to trade up this past week at the combine if the right person is there. I'm just skeptical it will happen with all of the Rams needs. Being: OT, OG, WR, TE, S, and LB. Also potentially RB if Jackson walks

brentech

Just got back from the Cleveland Auto show. More of the same shitty interiors in most American cars. Trucks are done the best, less interior space the less they can fuck it up.

That is awesome if those Gifs actually go together.

tmdorsey

Alright, I managed to pick up the last copy of Fire Emblem at this Target by the job. Never played a Fire Emblem before, but love Advance Wars. I hope I enjoy this damn game as much as you guys.

Top Bottom