• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

squicken

Brady defers a few million to be spread out over future seasons and suddenly he is a hero? Lol. You guys are rubes.

unless you mean he is getting money post retirement from the team, he is leaving money on the table. 3 year extension for 27m. Sanchez signed 3 year deal for 40m last year. Brees makes 20m a year. It is a huge discount for Kraft

Bread

Banned
Brady defers a few million to be spread out over future seasons and suddenly he is a hero? Lol. You guys are rubes.
8 million is quite a few million, and on top of the 15 million that was already free, that means they can add some serious talent to this already great team.

jakncoke

Banned

Yeah I dont know why people of teams/fans of players think they heros because they move some numbers around. Its not like the player isnt going to eventually get it lol

jbug617

Banned
If Welker deal is real he is getting the 8 million that Brady gave up. The Pats would have a good amount of money to spend this offseason.

bionic77

No dude he is pretty heroic.

My firm has the option of hiring a lot of younger attorneys who would be willing to work harder and for a lot less money than I would. Because I want to win so badly I went to them and told them I would work for less money because I figure it always pays to have more talent on the team. My kids and wife were very appreciative of my competitive nature and honestly burlap looks and feels good after awhile!

:lol GAF

bionic77

8 million is quite a few million, and on top of the 15 million that was already free, that means they can add some serious talent to this already great team.
:lol Remember when he did the same thing like 7 years ago and they let all of his receivers walk.

:lol I hate the Pats but even they can seem ok when they fuck over Brady like this. They have done this same shit many times before. Even Tammy can't be that dumb to fall for it 3 times in a row. He is taking less money because he has to. At this point he is replaceable.

squicken

I'm not sure why Patriots fans want Walker back so badly. It seems to me he is a bit redundant when both tight ends are healthy. What they really need is an outside wide receiver who can get deep and win contested balls

TheFatOne

I'm not sure why Patriots fans want Walker back so badly. It seems to me he is a bit redundant when both tight ends are healthy. What they really need is an outside wide receiver who can get deep and win contested balls

I really want the Pats to get Greg Jennings. I just think he would be a better fit for the offense.

Welker lets the TE's have so much production.An outside receiver would be nice too.

bionic77

Excellent point. What would it take for Hines to come out of retirement?
Money would do it. But he wouldn't come out for the minimum or whatever Tom Brady is making now. He would need to get paid.

He is pretty anti-racist (he actually stopped all racism in South Korea through the inspiration of his winning the Superbowl) though so I am not sure he is a good fit for Boston.

Hey look, you fucks are having comedy hour again.
bradyingweb-5-web.jpg

bionic77

At least he can stay on the field unlike that fat bastard Ben.
True.

Ben could learn from Tammy on how to stay safe on the field. His duck and cover and flag begging techniques are second to none.

While Ben's method of taking hits and breaking tackles has been incredibly effective when playing Baltimore, I think all Pats fans would rather lose to Flacco 100 times in a row rather than Brady risk a serious injury playing football.

True.

Ben could learn from Tammy on how to stay safe on the field. His duck and cover and flag begging techniques are second to none.

While Ben's method of taking hits and breaking tackles has been incredibly effective when playing Baltimore, I think all Pats fans would rather lose to Flacco 100 times in a row rather than Brady risk a serious injury playing football.

I'd rather lose to Flacco than to Tebow and the Browns like the loser ass Steelers.

Dragon

Banned
Chad Pennington would have won a MINIMUM 4 Superbowls with the same Patriots teams Brady had.

Chad Pennington was actually a really good quarterback. He's not in Brady's class but c'mon, don't shit on Pennington that way. He was responsible for one of the best jukes of all time:
chadbill.gif

Poor Bills.

Bread

Banned
I want the Pats to draft Tavon Austin, platoon him with Edelman in the slot, and then pick up Bowe. That offense would be unstoppable.

cdyhybrid

This argument pleases me. Glad to see we aren't going to be hibernating until the draft. There's still some fire and life here!

P.S. The Niners suck.

lol Manti Teo. I'm pretty sure London Fletcher can get out of bed today adn run better than a 4.8 Forty. That said I'm not so sure straight line speed is super important for a MLB. Teo can probably still make a solid career out of jumping on piles and getting inflated tackle numbers like Ray Lewis did the last 5 years.

Top Bottom