• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Am I crazy for not wanting corners under 6'2 (preferrable 6'3, 6'4)

I feel like the position needs changing and that most teams are just sticking to "what they know".

I just don't see how 5'10 guys can stand a chance against bigger receivers, especially with the back shoulder throws and stuff going on now.

Bowser

Rivera seemed to hint the Panthers will be looking to add a WR in FA. Think we're going with a lineman, either OG or DT, in the first round this year.

squicken

lol Florio spent all morning doing his sources' work. He's a known mouthpiece for agents. So of course they all hate the Brady deal. Side deals. Briefcase for of money. They'll tear it up after the first two years. Anything to defeat the perception that he took below market value, which he absolutely did. The last three years are below market value, and are "real" years b/c they are guaranteed

squicken

I hope we fucking sue the league. Goodell can't keep going unchecked.

Do you mean John Mara? b/c he was the one saying that you guys got off light. Not sure why everyone thinks Goodell is some David Stern-like dictator. He works for the Krafts, Rooneys, and Maras

Do you mean John Mara? b/c he was the one saying that you guys got off light. Not sure why everyone thinks Goodell is some David Stern-like dictator. He works for the Krafts, Rooneys, and Maras

I just want to see what the argument would be in court.

It's clear collusion. We're getting fined because we didn't agree to a secret cap.

And then they want to retroactively penalize our action with this "amended" CBA the dumbass PU agreed to.

The fact that Mara wants to lose draft picks for not colluding is pretty insane.

Greg

Weatherford is fun to follow on twitter cause he's such a workout junkie. Posts all kinds of workout tips and other stuff. Not to mention he seems like a genuinely funny guy.

I'd kill to be that cut though. Cripes...

image.php

Draxal

Logan Ryan ran a 4.50 unofficial, I'm wondering if he's going to be another Devin McCourty/Antrel Rolle cb to safety transition type.

squicken

It's clear collusion. We're getting fined because we didn't agree to a secret cap.

And then they want to retroactively penalize our action with this "amended" CBA the dumbass PU agreed to.

The fact that Mara wants to lose draft picks for not colluding is pretty insane.

Oh it'd be pretty interesting if Snyder did it, but I think he's just posturing. The league is making far too much off this sweetheart deal they got the players to accept. Jerry and Snyder knew what they were doing, and it's difficult to feel sympathy, since they are two of the hard line owners.

So for them to hold up a deal that more moderate owners would agree to, but at the same time cheat the system, is a bit disingenuous.

789shadow

Banned
Was looking to see if any NFL players went to same high school I did(our football team was pretty bad when I was there, they blew it up and restarted the program one year with just 30 kids, even though the school was fairly large). Not sure what brought it to mind, but I knew AJ Hawk and few others went to Centerville high school which was a district rival for us.

Anyways, apparently Kurt Coleman went to my high school. No idea of his story, but I guess he tackled Gentry at spring practice at OSU and paralyzed the kid. Almost quit football because of it. That shits crazy.
Lists him as the only NFL player on Wikipedia
Centreville High School in Dayton, Ohio?

MacAttack

Brady is a saint for taking a sweetheart deal, you people should be ashamed of the bad things you've said about this man.

Bow down and praise your Lord and Savior TB12.

SonnyBoy

I dunno man, I'm tired of hearing about it. IMO, they'll be fine if none of the money gets restored.

Here's a list of our previous two drafts and we have a ton of guys still on the roster and actively participating. Gone are the days of stupid FA spending. They're growing their own talent and letting the best people play.

2011 Draft
1.16 Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
2.09 Jarvis Jenkins, DL, Clemson
3.15 Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
4.08 Roy Helu, RB, Nebraska
5.15 Dejon Gomes, DB, Nebraska
5.24 Niles Paul, WR, Nebraska
6.12 Evan Royster, RB, Penn St.
6.13 Aldrick Robinson, WR, SMU
7.10 Brandyn Thompson, DB, Boise St.
7.14 Maurice Hurt, OL, Florida
7.21 Markus White, DE, Florida St.
7.50 Chris Neild, DT, West Virginia

2012 Draft
1.02 Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
3.08 Josh LeRibeus, OG, Southern Methodist
4.07 Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State
4.24 Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas
5.06 Adam Gettis, OG, Iowa
6.03 Alfred Morris, RB, Florida Atlantic
6.23 Tom Compton, OT, South Dakota
7.06 Richard Crawford, DB, Southern Methodist
7.10 Jordan Bernstine, CB, Iowa

So for them to hold up a deal that more moderate owners would agree to, but at the same time cheat the system, is a bit disingenuous.

What's weird about it is that, we weren't the only teams that used that tactic, that year. And it's a tactic teams have used in the past with zero penalty.

Narag

Brady is a saint for taking a sweetheart deal, you people should be ashamed of the bad things you've said about this man.

Bow down and praise your Lord and Savior TB12.

Just an attempt to free up money for Welker for one more SB run before his arm gives out.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
dude still ran a sub 4.4, lol

I've heard the fall shaved off some time.

Better start putting padding at the end of the 40, NFL, cause people are gonna start falling at the end of their runs.

lolandry.gif

Don't have to worry about Landry, though.

bluemax

Banned
Am I crazy for not wanting corners under 6'2 (preferrable 6'3, 6'4)

I feel like the position needs changing and that most teams are just sticking to "what they know".

I just don't see how 5'10 guys can stand a chance against bigger receivers, especially with the back shoulder throws and stuff going on now.

Pete Carroll agrees with this post.

Slo

I wonder how many times his face bounces off the ground before Rich Eisen catches him. ESPN, don't let me down.

Godslay

Banned
Honey badger is going to be a steal for a team with the right locker room. I'd use a 3/4 on him. It's a risk, but worth it if he matures.

Bowser

The new contract signed Monday by Pats quarterback Tom Brady pays him $27 million total over the final three years. But he was paid $30 million as a bonus for applying his name to the dotted line at the bottom of the document.

Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Brady received a $30 million signing bonus. He’ll also receive a base salary of $1 million this year and $2 million in 2014.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/26/tom-brady-gets-30-million-to-sign/

holy fuck balls

squicken

Florio has been spinning that story all morning. Look at the cap numbers in the late years. If it's really just moving things around, then where are the punitive cap hits that most funny money deals have? Brees has a cap hit of $26m in 2015, Brady is $13m.

He's had an under-market contract since 2005, and will have one through 2018. Guy wants to win and puts his money where his mouth is

edit:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
On Brady, many gladly swallowed the "less money" hook. The truth is we won't know until 2015, at which time he could get another new deal.

Pathetic. He knows he is wrong, and has been getting killed for being an agent lapdog, and now has to fall back on this deal being torn up in two years

Simple Beer margaritas -

3 12 oz beers.
1 can frozen limeade
1 can sprite (using the limeade can)
1 can tequila (using the limeade can)
1 can water (if you're a vajajay)

6 cans of 12 oz. beer
1 fifth of Vodka
2 frozen from concentrate pink lemonades

Mix together in a large container and let your panties drop

squicken

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-by-new-england-patriots?campaign=Twitter_atl

Brandon Lloyd is probably not coming back to New England

Lloyd arrived in New England with a reputation for moodiness and selfishness as a locker-room lawyer type. After one season with the Patriots, his "erratic behavior in the locker room and on the practice field proved tiresome," one source told the Globe.

An example of Lloyd's eccentricity? One player claims he was in the middle of a conversation with the receiver a few weeks ago when Lloyd stopped him in mid-sentence to say, "I don't want to talk to you anymore." Lloyd then proceeded to put his headphones on.

Top Bottom