• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

jakncoke

Banned
Curious to see what they do. The Giants are in a similar position with Eli in that if they restructure, they run the risk of making the cap hurt down the line even worst than it is right now.

I still would! You haven't hurt my feelings enough yet for me not, Dutch.

They restructured so much that his cap number was 20 million this year. Im curious how they play with the numbers now

They restructured so much that his cap number was 20 million this year. Im curious how they play with the numbers now
Yep. Literally mirrors the Giants situation with Eli. They lopped of 6.5 million and converted it to bonus last season and his cap hit this year is over 21 million.

PFT has a report the salary cap could end up being higher than 123 million now as well.

Apparently they want to keep it flat so players don't try to hold their teams hostage for the increases.
There's a sense that 2015 will start to see the cap rise though. I think it's an inevitability but I don't think it will creep into the 140's. May see something close to the 130 mark by that point.

jakncoke

Banned
London Stadium

Why wouldnt they just use Wembley? If they give London a franchise then build a new stadium that'll be such a waste of money. Also how is Europe with stadiums? Do they let themselves get tax raped to keep teams or do they have more backbone?

Draxal

Why wouldnt they just use Wembley? If they give London a franchise then build a new stadium that'll be such a waste of money. Also how is Europe with stadiums? Do they let themselves get tax raped to keep teams or do they have more backbone?

Wembley's turf makes Washington's look good.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Buckethead is Scabs?

tumblr_m6np0cVIXV1rthmb0o1_500.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Wembley's turf makes Washington's look good.

Yeah but wembley is less than 10 years old and cost 700 million of their money. That would hilariously stupid to build a new franchise across which is uncertain to succeed. There is no certainty that a fanbase will stick around for a full 8 game home schedule especially during a losing season, streak of losing seasons.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Wow. I'm so sorry, rors.

The Oakland Raiders have been talking to former Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren about a leadership position within the organization, according to two sources.

Wes

venison crêpe

The owners of Wembley would love eight NFL games at Wembley for revenue purposes but not sure how well it being called it's "home stadium" would go down with the wider populace, especially if it was at the detriment of the national football soccer team.

Some kind of deal between Wembley and Twickenham (the national Rugby team's stadium) would be more feasible I would think. I doubt they'd build a new stadium though. The Olympic Stadium caused a huge mess in the build up but I think it's done wonders for the area in terms of general development.

jakncoke

Banned
The owners of Wembley would love eight NFL games at Wembley for revenue purposes but not sure how well it being called it's "home stadium" would go down with the wider populace, especially if it was at the detriment of the national football soccer team.

Some kind of deal between Wembley and Twickenham (the national Rugby team's stadium) would be more feasible I would think. I doubt they'd build a new stadium though. The Olympic Stadium caused a huge mess in the build up but I think it's done wonders for the area in terms of general development.

Do they play soccer on sundays often in the fall/winter?

Has the Ogletree thing been posted? I just saw it and sorry if old,

http://profootballmock.com/troubled-nfl-prospect-hires-cop-to-chase-him-during-40-at-nfl-combine/
Former Georgia linebacker, Alec Ogletree, whose collegiate career was tarnished by multiple arrests and suspensions, set an NFL Combine 40 yard dash record of 4.21 by hiring a police officer to chase him down the track.

“I’m pretty fast on my own,” Ogletree told reporters after the run. “But when the po-po’s on my tail, I’ve got cheetah speed.”

Georgia-LB-Alec-Ogletree-Runs-From-Police-Officer-198x300.png

jakncoke

Banned
The 40 is being turned into a joke.

It's not the individual times that are eye-popping. It's the cluster of them that's causing some in the sport to wonder what's going on and asking privately if players are making a mockery of certain parts of the combine.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/m...ombine-records-set-left-and-right-in-40-times

This particular article talks about the fast times and such. But this section I quote made me laugh, honestly 40 should never be taken that much weight. 10, 20 yard should more attention to it.

Top Bottom