• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The most unselfish, all he cares about is winningest qb of ALL TIME.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have restructured their third - and heaviest - contract of the off-sesaon in Ben Roethlisberger, reportedly saving the team approximately $6 million against the salary cap, as the team attempts to squeeze within the limits by the official beginning of the 2013 NFL season on March 12, 2013.

chuckddd said:
The Pittsburgh Steelers have restructured their third - and heaviest - contract of the off-sesaon in Ben Roethlisberger, reportedly saving the team approximately $6 million against the salary cap, as the team attempts to squeeze within the limits by the official beginning of the 2013 NFL season on March 12, 2013.
i see what you did there.

eznark

Banned
The most unselfish, all he cares about is winningest qb of ALL TIME.

john_wayne-300x225.jpg

Brandon Carr has also restructured for Dallas.

Carr had a fully guaranteed $14.3 million salary coming his way in 2013 so the restructure is far from a surprise. In fact, Hill reports that it was built into the initial deal and Thursday’s move will save the team $10.5 million under the cap.

That's a pretty substantial restructure. Carr walks away with a large bulk of that right in his pocket.

Cue the American Hero picture.:D

squicken

All of these are restructures. Few extensions. Unless the player is going to be a real hero like Tom Terrific, no reason to extend

mr2xxx

Banned
Does the NFL have the greatest human beings? MLB has a scumbag that steals from the poor to buy steroids like ARod, NBA has a egomanical traitor like Lebron but the NFL so many good guys that take pay cuts to help their respective teams. Such unselfish players like Lord Brady, Demarcus "Loves the kids" Ware, Brandon " Funding female college education" Carr, Big " Only kinda raped a chick but I payed her off so its cool" Ben.

I blame Futurevoid.

And you, big meanie.
:(

Jets going after David Gerrard (good move as he's the only name floated that they've been looking at that's worth a damn)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/28/jets-kick-the-tires-on-david-garrard/

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets worked out veteran quarterback David Garrard on Thursday.

Garrard never made it to the regular season with the Dolphins this year, after spending nine years with the Jaguars. If he could stay well, he’d be a viable backup option behind Mark Sanchez, but there has been little recent indication Garrard can do that.

If he can stay healthy, might work out for them.

Fox318

Does the NFL have the greatest human beings? MLB has a scumbag that steals from the poor to buy steroids like ARod, NBA has a egomanical traitor like Lebron but the NFL so many good guys that take pay cuts to help their respective teams. Such unselfish players like Lord Brady, Demarcus "Loves the kids" Ware, Brandon " Funding female college education" Carr, Big " Only kinda raped a chick but I payed her off so its cool" Ben.

Players shouldn't have to take paycuts with a sport that makes that much money with a high injury rate.

Striker

Giants meeting with former Packer/Eagle DL Cullen Jenkins. If he's not too pricey, I'd like it - wouldn't need to play all downs either with fatass Rogers inside and them often using the trio of ends.

So what's the point of a salary cap when everyone can just restructure their entire salary into a signing bonus? Why not just restructure everyone on the team and sign all of the free agents?

So what's the point of a salary cap when everyone can just restructure their entire salary into a signing bonus? Why not just restructure everyone on the team and sign all of the free agents?

It helps keep players salaries down for the most part. The illusion of a cap allows teams to tell players they have to take less then they might want.

bionic77

Jesus, why is Suggs complaining about the Patriots again? He has nothing better to do?

You won the Super Bowl, stop crying.
I hate that ugly motherfucker, but I can't hate on what he is saying. The truth from a murderous alien is still the truth.

I am getting my ass kicked on Chapter 9. It is hard to recruit the new characters and not have anyone die. Fuck the desert!

effzee

The cap is an illusion. No team actually loses a player it doesn't want to

All the reason why I never got caught up on being salary cap champs all those years the Eagles always patted themselves on the back for it. Sure its nice to be under the cap and have wiggle room even teams who were in terrible cap situations just a few seasons ago have it under control.

I am getting my ass kicked on Chapter 9. It is hard to recruit the new characters and not have anyone die. Fuck the desert!
Magic users and flying units don't take a movement hit from sand so use that to your advantage. Pair Gregor up with Nowi so she can move him back to your party more quickly and pair up your best ground units with flying units and mages to cover more ground faster.

signing bonus still counts against the cap, but it is pro-rated across all years of the contract, and then if that player is released early, all of the bonus immediately counts against the cap. they also continue to stack, so if player restructures in middle of a 4 year deal, the original bonus, plus the new bonus will both still count against the cap

Giants meeting with former Packer/Eagle DL Cullen Jenkins. If he's not too pricey, I'd like it - wouldn't need to play all downs either with fatass Rogers inside and them often using the trio of ends.
I'd love it. Said it when he was released. If he's coming in at the right price, he could slot right into Canty's position and rotate with Rogers, Kuhn and Austin. It would do wonders for our DT depth.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Correct. The part of their contract that's "restructured" is paid out to the player as a bonus in most cases. These aren't pay cuts.

It's a way better deal for the players involved as well. They don't have to worry about injury because they're being paid upfront in many cases. Money today is worth more!

bionic77

Magic users and flying units don't take a movement hit from sand so use that to your advantage. Pair Gregor up with Nowi so she can move him back to your party more quickly and pair up your best ground units with flying units and mages to cover more ground faster.
I let Gregor die in that chapter and saved the other person because they seemed like they would be more useful.

The only hard part is when the air cav comes in and my weak ass units get exposed in that sand. I only tried to the chapter twice and it was hard to arrange my units in a way to protect the weaker units. Usually they gang up and gank one of my weaker units. Which I cannot accept.

I will figure it out. This is the best part of the game. Figuring our moves and units to get the desired result.

effzee

I'd love it. Said it when he was released. If he's coming in at the right price, he could slot right into Canty's position and rotate with Rogers, Kuhn and Austin. It would do wonders for our DT depth.

Yeah would be a solid pick up. Sucks if he stays within the division.

On the Jets...I guess they want actual back up NFL QBs this time around so they can really bench Sanchez if need be.

Where does Tebow land now?

eznark

Banned
I let Gregor die in that chapter and saved the other person because they seemed like they would be more useful.

The only hard part is when the air cav comes in and my weak ass units get exposed in that sand. I only tried to the chapter twice and it was hard to arrange my units in a way to protect the weaker units. Usually they gang up and gank one of my weaker units. Which I cannot accept.

I will figure it out. This is the best part of the game. Figuring our moves and units to get the desired result.

Rescue

Indeed. Gregor's nothing special though so you did fine to not worry about him.

bionic77

Most of my deaths are usually from greed.

Not only do I want no deaths, but I am always trying to level the fuck out of my weaker characters so they are all bosses later on in the game.

At this point if I just played my avatar and Chrom together they are almost unbeatable unless they get jumped by like 5 arches and mages at the same time. But I am always trying to level up the shit characters and focused on as much support interaction as possible.

Top Bottom