• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Magic users and flying units don't take a movement hit from sand so use that to your advantage. Pair Gregor up with Nowi so she can move him back to your party more quickly and pair up your best ground units with flying units and mages to cover more ground faster.
I let Gregor die in that chapter and saved the other person because they seemed like they would be more useful.

The only hard part is when the air cav comes in and my weak ass units get exposed in that sand. I only tried to the chapter twice and it was hard to arrange my units in a way to protect the weaker units. Usually they gang up and gank one of my weaker units. Which I cannot accept.

I will figure it out. This is the best part of the game. Figuring our moves and units to get the desired result.
Indeed. Gregor's nothing special though so you did fine to not worry about him.
Most of my deaths are usually from greed.

Not only do I want no deaths, but I am always trying to level the fuck out of my weaker characters so they are all bosses later on in the game.

At this point if I just played my avatar and Chrom together they are almost unbeatable unless they get jumped by like 5 arches and mages at the same time. But I am always trying to level up the shit characters and focused on as much support interaction as possible.
wait, what game is this?

Fire Emblem

How is Bennett's blocking?
It's his best attribute. He had some down games, but he was a contributor to the improved run game this past season. I want the Giants to keep him, but they drafted Adrien Robinson in the 4th last year and Reese wants him playing so they won't overpay for Bennett.

It's his best attribute. He had some down games, but he was a contributor to the improved run game this past season. I want the Giants to keep him, but they drafted Adrien Robinson in the 4th last year and Reese wants him playing so they won't overpay for Bennett.
I don't get that. Wasn't Robinson a project?

and I hope this is the year 1st 3 rounds Reese drafts for needs instead of best player available.

I don't get that. Wasn't Robinson a project?

and I hope this is the year 1st 3 rounds Reese drafts for needs instead of best player available.
You take a project player to develop them. He's spent a season doing so and will now play a bigger role (much like JPP).

The tight end position is interesting for us because it's really been plug and play for years since Shockey left. We've gone from Boss to Ballard to Bennett and each have had damn near identical production in the passing game. Say thank you to this man (Mike Pope):

512x.jpg

They either roll with Robinson, bring another cheap vet to start or go out and spend the #19 pick on a Tyler Eifert. Or maybe they sign Martellus but Reese isn't overpaying for him. They have options.

Here's a question - who would you prefer they spend money on: Martellus Bennett or Kevin Boothe?

The Frankman said:
Last years draft:

1st round: David Wilson (Brandon Jacobs left)
2nd Round: Reuben Randle (Mario Manningham left)
3rd Round: Jayron Hosely (Aaron Ross left)

Yeah....

mr2xxx

Banned
God damn guys stop talking about Fire Emblem! You're peer pressuring me like a mutha fucka!! I'm looking at 3ds xls for one game right now, stahp guys! I'm going to play the inferior Wii version on dolphin to take the edge off.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
God damn guys stop talking about Fire Emblem! You're peer pressuring me like a mutha fucka!! I'm looking at 3ds xls for one game right now, stahp guys! I'm going to play the inferior Wii version on dolphin to take the edge off.

Haha so not just me being tempted right now.

I played a Fire Emblem on GBA I think...it was fun.

jakncoke

Banned
The most unselfish, all he cares about is winningest qb of ALL TIME.

So we should be about 1 million over or just about even

Brandon Carr has also restructured for Dallas.

That's a pretty substantial restructure. Carr walks away with a large bulk of that right in his pocket.

Cue the American Hero picture.:D

I think its funny he restructured after that Chefs fan was saying he would be shocked if he did, kinda funny

Everyone that's restructuring should lose all of their draft picks

lol..

brentech

Les all talk about XCom instead!

jakncoke

Banned
Speaking of vidya games, yesterday at work at I was trying not to die from boredom. I got to thinking about how much fun i had with this ps1 game based on worlds scariest police chases. I should rebuy it.

Godslay

Banned

Haha so not just me being tempted right now.

I played a Fire Emblem on GBA I think...it was fun.

Yeah, it's good. Probably the best game on 3DS.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

The best player available draft approach is the best way to draft, not by need.

The only way the BPA approach should not be used is when you're absolutely stacked at a position or you need a QB.

For instance even if Star Lotulei fell to the Lions we wouldnt draft him because we're stacked at DT, despite the fact he is probably the best defensive player coming out of this draft.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The best player available draft approach is the best way to draft, not by need.

The only way the BPA approach should not be used is when you're absolutely stacked at a position or you need a QB.

For instance even if Star Lotulei fell to the Lions we wouldnt draft him because we're stacked at DT, despite the fact he is probably the best defensive player coming out of this draft.

BPA is great but generally speaking I'm strongly against taking a WR in the first round. If a receiver was the BPA in the first round, I would probably pass them up for a pass rusher or something else.

BPA is great but generally speaking I'm strongly against taking a WR in the first round. If a receiver was the BPA in the first round, I would probably pass them up for a pass rusher or something else.
BPA is a bit of a misnomer as teams that draft well certainly draft BPA but they place priority on certain positions like you mention. If the Giants had their pick of the 2nd best LB'er in the draft at 19 and the 3rd best DE was available, they would grab the pass rusher and run, IMO.

DB's and DE's with a sprinkle of skill positions is usually where the first round is spent on the Giants.

2012: David Wilson (RB)
2011: Prince Amukamara (CB)
2010: Jason Pierre Paul (DE)
2009: Hakeem Nicks (WR)
2008: Kenny Phillips (S)
2007: Aaron Ross (CB)
2006: Mathias Kiwanuka (DE)
2005: Corey Webster (CB)
2004: Eli Manning (QB)

It shouldn't come as a big shock if they go DE or CB this year (though I only see Xavier Rhodes outside of Millner as a first rounder). What's the word on Kenny Vaccaro's combine? Any first round talk for him?

Draxal

I let Gregor die in that chapter and saved the other person because they seemed like they would be more useful.

The only hard part is when the air cav comes in and my weak ass units get exposed in that sand. I only tried to the chapter twice and it was hard to arrange my units in a way to protect the weaker units. Usually they gang up and gank one of my weaker units. Which I cannot accept.

I will figure it out. This is the best part of the game. Figuring our moves and units to get the desired result.

Whoa you let Gregor DIE wtf. LEFT TRIGGER RIGHT TRIGGER START.

Draxal

BPA is a bit of a misnomer as teams that draft well certainly draft BPA but they place priority on certain positions like you mention. If the Giants had their pick of the 2nd best LB'er in the draft at 19 and the 3rd best DE was available, they would grab the pass rusher and run, IMO.

DB's and DE's with a sprinkle of skill positions is usually where the first round is spent on the Giants.

It shouldn't come as a big shock if they go DE or CB this year (though I only see Xavier Rhodes outside of Millner as a first rounder). What's the word on Kenny Vicaro's combine? Any first round talk for him?

Yeah, it's just they place an extremely high value on what their positional coaches say (Flaherty loves versatile lineman, Pope is the god of tight ends). They have so many holes this year that they can go bpa and it would be need at the same time in secondary/both lines/tight end and linebackers.

I don't see them going safety though because they're pretty much set with Rolle/Brown/Thrill Hill/Sash

Draxal

I saved Gregor and haven't used him at all. Dude is garbage.

There's no reason to cut him.

Gregor's the standard mercenary archetype character who usually stand out, but in all honesty in this fire emblem all characters are pretty much gods.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

It shouldn't come as a big shock if they go DE or CB this year (though I only see Xavier Rhodes outside of Millner as a first rounder).

Yeah Nicks was drafted practically in the 2nd round and the Giants always draft really well....

Shame about that secondary though....injury bugs and such.

Yeah Nicks was drafted practically in the 2nd round and the Giants always draft really well....

Shame about that secondary though....injury bugs and such.
Webster was good but is on the decline.

Prince looks like he's ascending. (no more bathtub!)

Ross played on two Super Bowl teams but outside of those seasons was near death with a hamstring.

Kenny Phillips and the degenerative arthritis in his knee.

So yeah.:(

Hey it's finally possible to think about football again without soul crushing agony!

i had a dream last night that we played the ravens again in the superbowl and we were down by 1 point with 2 minutes left and we got the ball back on a punt, 1st and 10 at our own 20 with 2 minutes and no timeouts! but then i woke up :(

Top Bottom