• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You're so dumb this makes no sense. The only reason you get an elephant is to ride him around and show off his BAC ( Big a$$ chain). So you would have to get a bigger elephant so that elephant would ride him while you the smaller elephant, in essence the smaller elephant would feel like people. Some people can't even dream right but I guess being a Browns fan plays a part into it!

tumblr_m9bnozf1up1rtmazu_zps77f58b3a.gif

BigAT

Saw one writer suggest that the female kicker tryout was a sham. She didn't warm up or take practice kicks, she wouldn't answer questions about how long her longest field goal was and she was asking kickers at the tryout about what the proper technique was for actually kicking on kickoff.

brentech

Edit, not sure why I quoted larry, lol. must have accidentally hit the + icon for multi quote

I like the idea of Steam, but I think I'd have to build an all new computer for most current games. I kind of gave up on most PC games because I get tired of the constant need to update, even though my background is in computer science.

Right now my desktop is like an Intel quad core 2.66, 4gb ram, and a Nvidia 9800GTX+

Have to admit, I just hate playing games not near top settings. I've become a real console jockey because of that. But sometimes, like now, I just have the urge to get a some games on steam but then say fuck it

Roto:
Free agent CB William Gay will visit the Steelers this week.
Gay, 28, spent the first five seasons of his career in Pittsburgh before signing a two-year deal with Arizona last offseason. He was just released on Friday, and according to his agent, there has been "a lot of interest" in Gay since then. He should be rather inexpensive.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If the Steelers bring back Gay and let Lewis walk, I'll kick jak square in the crotch.

Speaking of Keenan, he had this to say on fb:

Good news, thank you lord, you always told me believe and keep faith and you will handle the rest. It's a secret, I'm not telling nobody what it is either, just know I am about to turn up.

Whatever that means.

jakncoke

Banned
If the Steelers bring back Gay and let Lewis walk, I'll kick jak square in the crotch.

Speaking of Keenan, he had this to say on fb:

Whatever that means.

Means he either coming back to the Steelers or got a nice fat contract ready to be signed with some other team.

bionic77

What, Gay? Come on. Maybe they can bring back Deshea Townsend too. I've pretty much lost my patience with Colbert.
His job is tough dude. So many needs. We are going to have to skimp in some places. Biggest problem is going to be the pass rush, replacing or signing Wallace, and a backup plan is Heath is not ready to go week 1.

Roto:
Steelers signed CB William Gay, formerly of the Cardinals.
He announced the deal on Twitter. Gay, 28, returns to Pittsburgh after one failed season in Arizona, where he registered 57 tackles, one sack, two interceptions, and three forced fumbles while getting picked on opposite Patrick Peterson. Gay knows Dick LeBeau's defensive scheme and gives the Steelers some insurance against free agent Keenan Lewis' likely departure. Ideally, however, Gay would be no better than Pittsburgh's nickel/slot corner in 2013.
Welp.

jakncoke

Banned
His job is tough dude. So many needs. We are going to have to skimp in some places. Biggest problem is going to be the pass rush, replacing or signing Wallace, and a backup plan is Heath is not ready to go week 1.

If he was doing a better job, there wouldnt be so many needs.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Edit, not sure why I quoted larry, lol. must have accidentally hit the + icon for multi quote

I like the idea of Steam, but I think I'd have to build an all new computer for most current games. I kind of gave up on most PC games because I get tired of the constant need to update, even though my background is in computer science.

Right now my desktop is like an Intel quad core 2.66, 4gb ram, and a Nvidia 9800GTX+

Have to admit, I just hate playing games not near top settings. I've become a real console jockey because of that. But sometimes, like now, I just have the urge to get a some games on steam but then say fuck it

It feels like it hasn't been as necessary to upgrade for a few years. I have an older system that can do games pretty well and it's packing an older AMD CPU and a 5770. My newer rig has a 6970 with one of those 2500k Intel CPUs. While I love the performance of the newer machine, the older one can still play probably everything and be fine for it.

I remember the period from about 1998 to 2004 being really ridiculous for PC upgrades. A two year old machine was seemingly woefully out of date as far as performance. Not that a 2010 machine has a lot in common with a 2004 machine but it still feels like things have stagnated with this long console generation.

The new consoles will probably change things a lot in the near future. I'm excited for the graphical upgrades on PC if nothing else.

jakncoke

Banned
Reading the Shenmue thread makes me laugh at how hypocritical gaming side is. Bitch about 60 dollar games. Shenmue might be made take my money ill donate 1000!!

seriously, this mock is void because of this single pick. Don't even have to look at the rest.
It says less about Te'o who is, no joking aside, not fit to be drafted in the first 3 rounds
and more about the Packers' front-office's inability to objectively evaluate talent on the defensive side of the ball.

If I hear one more stupid reference to "Packer people" I'm going to
not
beat my
non-existant
wife.

Get better pressure from the D-Line and undersized guys like Smith and slow tin-men like Jones would do just fine.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Reading the Shenmue thread makes me laugh at how hypocritical gaming side is. Bitch about 60 dollar games. Shenmue might be made take my money ill donate 1000!!

Actually it's why we need to go back to young days of gaming when there was variable pricing. I'll pay upwards of $100 for a new Tales game, Yakuza, Elder Scrolls, or maybe even a Final Fantasy that doesn't suck. Meanwhile there are numerous games that have no business being even $60.

Top Bottom