• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Whaaaaat. Blasphemer of the poultry. Dwarf house is the shit. Breakfast buffets on Saturday mornings. Get as many chicken fillets as you want.

DSC007691.jpg

Is that where chik fil a originated from? GA?

Bowser

Yeah, they expanded slowly. I'm from Georgia, so we basically had one every three or four exits when I was growing up.

There's a Chick-Fil-A literally 1 min from my house back in Charlotte, but basically nonexistant in NYC :( Apparently there's one in the NYU food court, but I'm never down there anyway.

This might sound crazy but I would welcome Young to compete for a job on the browns. Well just for a stop gap Qb.

Unless his whole attitude has changed since he was with the Eagles I cant see any team wanting him. Reid has a rep for making QB better and VY really had a chance to save his career and he was super lazy, there were reports he didnt know the plays, he had a chance to salvage that season and get the Eagles into the playoffs and he was terrible in all but 1 game.

Milchjon

I for one am shocked that the Pats are not spending the money they saved with Tammy's contract to sign free agents.

If I didn't know better it would be almost like this had already happened many, many times before!

I know this isn't unprecedented, but he's really good and our OL isn't that stacked, so I kinda expected them to work something out.

Having a great German player on "my" team is just something I've always loved.

I wonder how bad his back really is...

Talon

There's a Chick-Fil-A literally 1 min from my house back in Charlotte, but basically nonexistant in NYC :( Apparently there's one in the NYU food court, but I'm never down there anyway.
The things I would do for either a Chik-Fil-A, Bojangles or Zaxby's in Ann Arbor...

I actually don't ever eat fast food. Only time is when we do a long drive to Chicago, and we usually stop at Culver's, which is great.

Oo well Moore Vs weeden is my ideal Qb battle for the offseason anyway. I think we draft someone in the late round to develop for a backup. I like Matt Scott right now but looking at all the other Qbs too

WedgeX

Banned
The things I would do for either a Chik-Fil-A, Bojangles or Zaxby's in Ann Arbor...

...........................................................with all the food available in Ann Arbor, you want a chik-fil-a?

Man.

Just...dang.

Shaun Hill is a legit starting quarterback and you guys are hiding him.

No one counted on Stafford getting fat and healthy.

Talon

...........................................................with all the food available in Ann Arbor, you want a chik-fil-a?

Man.

Just...dang.
I lived in Chicago for five years, man. Ann Arbor's restaurant scene doesn't do much for me, outside of Zingerman's.

Worse Indian. Worse Mediterranean. MUCH worse Italian and New American. No decent Chinese, Mexican or Vietnamese food to be seen for miles.

We also cook 7 nights a week.

eznark

Banned
Titan Gorge region "Josh Freeman is Fat" is now open to the public. I'm on ocean server or something if that matters.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I lived in Chicago for five years, man. Ann Arbor's restaurant scene doesn't do much for me, outside of Zingerman's.

Worse Indian. Worse Mediterranean. MUCH worse Italian and New American. No decent Chinese, Mexican or Vietnamese food to be seen for miles.

Sounds like the Woodlands.

Everything is severely overpriced and pretty awful here. I've had too many meals walking out saying "I paid 30 bucks for that?".

That said, I found pretty good Chinese food and Chuy's makes some awesome fajitas so the wife and I usually just get the combo fajitas for two.

Talon

Sounds like the Woodlands.

Everything is severely overpriced and pretty awful here. I've had too many meals walking out saying "I paid 30 bucks for that?".

That said, I found pretty good Chinese food and Chuy's makes some awesome fajitas so the wife and I usually just get the combo fajitas for two.
Seriously. Everytime I'm back in Chicago, I go down to Pilsen and Chinatown for some pollo en mole and peking duck (or shrimp dumplings or sticky rice or...), respectively.

At least you have good barbeque in your area, right? That's something that can't be found in Chicago (other than Smoque, but it's a pain in the ass to get there).

You don't know what you've lost until it's gone. :(

WedgeX

Banned

It certainly is different coming from a major city. Course, at the time I was into diner and pub food, of which Ann Arbor has tons. I might be getting spoiled by DC's food choices now. Although I'll never find Mediterranean as good as Dearborn's unless I happen to cross an ocean.

tmdorsey

Alright so 4 chapters in and I feel safe in saying that I'm really liking the new Fire Emblem game. Really getting into the world and characters. I'm usually not that big on RPGs but the strategic elements mixed in this game makes better than the average RPG to me.

Quick question that I know I will find out soon enough but will ask anyway, I'm playing Normal/Classic mode and I lost a unit in a tournament. Even though it was a tournament, is that unit still gone forever?

Packers update:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

DL Chris Canty will arrive for his visit in Green Bay tomorrow and remain there into Thursday. Visited the Chiefs and Titans previously

Also, Lombardi's title officially changed to GM for the Browns:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Mike Lombardi will have his title changed to G.M. by the Browns. Ray Farmer will be hired as assistant G.M. Per league source.

Quick question that I know I will find out soon enough but will ask anyway, I'm playing Normal/Classic mode and I lost a unit in a tournament. Even though it was a tournament, is that unit still gone forever?
Yeah, they're gone. Don't feel bad about resetting if you don't want to lose them though, that's how most people play FE.

Nice hire of Farmer, it was rumored he would be our GM before the Lombardi hire. I'm actually quite optimistic about our front office.
.........also just to through it out there what job is Heckert holding right now?.....ooo yeah.....not saying I hate Heckert but just saying Browns fans overvalued him because he actually brought some talent. People acted like all his picks were the greatest ever

Reset as in restart the game from the beginning? I don't think I want to do that. I actually kinda like the added "realism" that adds.
No, just reset the chapter. You can try an ironman run where you just attempt to keep going no matter what happens but it's probably going to get rough later on... Then again I haven't played on normal so maybe you'll be okay.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nice hire of Farmer, it was rumored he would be our GM before the Lombardi hire. I'm actually quite optimistic about our front office.
.........also just to through it out there what job is Heckert holding right now?.....ooo yeah.....not saying I hate Heckert but just saying Browns fans overvalued him because he actually brought some talent. People acted like all his picks were the greatest ever

All that but I think a lot of people (myself included) just wanted some stability for once. Just wanted to see what the dude could do given the time to make the selections he wanted.

Thankfully now though at least we will see this regime ride out these guys and give them all the time needed to either destroy us further or bring us to the promised land.

Draxal

No, just reset the chapter. You can try an ironman run where you just attempt to keep going no matter what happens but it's probably going to get rough later on... Then again I haven't played on normal so maybe you'll be okay.

Apparently, normal is incredibly easy this time, people have been complaining about stomping though it.

squicken

Chris Wesseling ‏@ChrisWesseling
Since 2009, no WR has more 40-yard catches (27) or 40-yard TDs (16) than Mike Wallace. He's going to be a rich man. Huge loss for Steelers.

That's a lot of big plays to replace. Probably not good though and easily replaced by Sanders or Brown in that system

edit

Any of you Yankee heathens watching the big soccer game tonight?

Isn't that match supposed to symbolize everything that is wrong with European soccer?

All that but I think a lot of people (myself included) just wanted some stability for once. Just wanted to see what the dude could do given the time to make the selections he wanted.

Thankfully now though at least we will see this regime ride out these guys and give them all the time needed to either destroy us further or bring us to the promised land.
Yeah and I think we have enough people now that well have a good set of checks and balances. Now time for FA and draft to come.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Since 2009, no WR has more 40-yard catches (27) or 40-yard TDs (16) than Mike Wallace. He's going to be a rich man. Huge loss for Steelers.

That's a lot of big plays to replace. Probably not good though and easily replaced by Sanders or Brown in that system
Judging from the combine, fast guys are plentiful. Wallace's best work was done running vertically and not much else. Suck up the safeties with a good pa, and throw over the top to a really fast guy. Maybe the Steelers will find a fast guy in the 4th round that can actually catch the ball. Sounds like an upgrade and major salary cap savings to me!

tmdorsey

Ah ok. Gotcha.

Apparently, normal is incredibly easy this time, people have been complaining about stomping though it.

Yes, even though this is my first experience with the series, normal is seeming pretty easy to me.

squicken

Flacco deal

1. $29 million signing bonus.

2. $1 million base salary in 2013.

3. $15 million option bonus due in 2014.

4. $6 million base salary in 2014.

5. $7 million option bonus due in 2015.

6. $4 million base salary due in 2015.

7. $18 million base salary in 2016.

8. $20.6 million base salary in 2017.

9. $20 million base salary in 2018.

cap hit:

$6.8 million in 2013
$14.8 million in 2014
$14.55 million in 2015
$28.55 million in 2016
$31.15 million in 2017
$24.75 million in 2018

...the Dortmund game or the two big outspenders?

Americans hating capitalism. Shame on you, Commie.

Isn't that match supposed to symbolize everything that is wrong with European soccer?

From a moral standpoint it might be (Although Manchester City is the worst team in the world regarding buying succes), but these are also 2 of the biggest clubs in the world with some of the biggest stars in the game today.

Ronaldo and RVP.

Wallace is fast, no doubt. His problem is that's all he really is. Poor route runner, hates contact, and if the ball is contested he'll drop it.

Flacco deal

1. $29 million signing bonus.

2. $1 million base salary in 2013.

3. $15 million option bonus due in 2014.

4. $6 million base salary in 2014.

5. $7 million option bonus due in 2015.

6. $4 million base salary due in 2015.

7. $18 million base salary in 2016.

8. $20.6 million base salary in 2017.

9. $20 million base salary in 2018.

cap hit:

$6.8 million in 2013
$14.8 million in 2014
$14.55 million in 2015
$28.55 million in 2016
$31.15 million in 2017
$24.75 million in 2018

So restructure after 3 years.

Roto:
ESPN Cleveland believes free agent Jared Cook would be a "superstar" playing under coach Rob Chudzinski and OC Norv Turner in Cleveland.
"Superstar" is an ambitious prediction for a player with just 131 catches in 59 career games, but Chud and Norval are among the league's most tight-end friendly coaches. The Browns are expected to let free agent TEs Alex Smith and Ben Watson walk, and have money to burn, so it wouldn't be surprising if they make a run at Cook.
Boner rising

Top Bottom