• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

MechDX

Have to ask yourself why a guy with 6m in dead money was just cut by his second team in two years

Because the bastard can run block but can NOT pass protect for shit and gets eaten alive by speedy pass rushers. He was the one who got Leinart killed

Fox318

I can see it in your pants
I can see it in the locker room
You're all I've ever wanted, (and) my arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much, buttfumble

ek5A0.gif

har har

squicken

Because the bastard can run block but can NOT pass protect for shit and gets eaten alive by speedy pass rushers. He was the one who got Leinart killed

He literally has made Robert Mathis $20m. I'm sure half of his sacks came against Winston. He has zero ability to handle any sort of edge rusher. The Giants DEs would draw straws to get to line up over him if he went to WAS

MechDX

He literally has made Robert Mathis $20m. I'm sure half of his sacks came against Winston. He has zero ability to handle any sort of edge rusher. The Giants DEs would draw straws to get to line up over him if he went to WAS

With that said I would take him back here so Schaub can get dead and we can just run Arian until his legs fall off.

mr2xxx

Banned
Have to ask yourself why a guy with 6m in dead money was just cut by his second team in two years

You have to ask yourself one thing, Tyler Polumbus. I haven't even seen Winston play this year but I guarantee he is a big improvement. Can you check the PFF ranking of Polumbus vs. Winston.

Guess we'll have to wait for FA dust to settle. Appreciate any of your thoughts if you are around. Really like Hopkins at WR. The problem is we don't know if Quick will turn out okay or not. Givens is solid. He's basically our Mike Wallace. But going Hopkins is giving up on Quick. I guess if Danny goes then they have to look at Austin. If they don't address TE, then Eifert also.

I just get the notion that all this talk about guards will still result in Warmack going in the 20s. Cooper will go high b/c he can play center. As much as the Rams need OL help, I don't think their will be a RT where they want to pick one at. Can address guard later

Rok will be playing this year too. I'm not expecting a big splash in FA despite the report that the Rams are set to make some kind of move

MechDX

You have to ask yourself one thing, Tyler Polumbus. I haven't even seen Winston play this year but I guarantee he is a big improvement. Can you check the PFF ranking of Polumbus vs. Winston.

Quote me on this: If the Redskins sign Winston one or both of your QB's is going to be injured due to his "abilities".

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I decided to look for said hit, because, well, I think Matt Leinart sucks. I didn't find it. I did find this:

leinarthit_medium.gif

Chiefs fans explain. I thought he was good? Is he too old or being paid too much?

MechDX summed it up.

The move caught me off guard only because the Chiefs aren't really up against the cap, and while you can do better than Winston, I didn't expect them to cut him outright.

Quikies83

I love the Winston release. Lisping fuck really threw the fanbase under the bus to the media -- he called it "Thickening Thickening". What a pathetic waste of a signing.. Hillis and Winston were both just thickening!

And this probably means Branden Albert will move to RT.
Hello first round OT (maybe not - Donald Stephen could end up in Winston's spot)

squicken

Don't have an active subscription. Didn't mean that as condescendingly as it looked. Apologies. Maybe he can still handle RT but will need help on passing downs? But be careful on what you read. He is VERY media friendly. They all love them b/c he is a source and a good quote, so they will say good things about him

Rok will be playing this year too. I'm not expecting a big splash in FA despite the report that the Rams are set to make some kind of move

I think they will try and make a big move if they can. Demoff subscribes to the idea that you either go get a big time player, or you just wait for the market to settle and get guys cheap. Middle class is dead. Use the draft for what would have formerly cost 3-4m a year

I think they will try and make a big move if they can. Demoff subscribes to the idea that you either go get a big time player, or you just wait for the market to settle and get guys cheap. Middle class is dead. Use the draft for what would have formerly cost 3-4m a year

Yeah with the rookie salary rules in place I find the idea of signing lineman to big contracts less and less appealing

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm about 12 years late to the party but MGS2 is super short. Why did I have it in my head that these were games of epic length?

bionic77

I've said this before, but there was not one week during the regular season where you would have said BAL was better than Houston. Houston fell off at the end of the year, but BAL was even worse!
Gotta be shit during regular season to win it all. Baltimore needed a miracle to best SD and got beat down by a 90 year old man made of glass playing qb. They more than met the shit criteria.

Only dummies like you who like Tammy and think power rankings matter are surprised by this.

squicken

Gotta be shit during regular season to win it all. Baltimore needed a miracle to best SD and got beat down by a 90 year old man made of glass playing qb. They more than met the shit criteria.

Only dummies like you who like Tammy and think power rankings matter are surprised by this.

Why can't the Bengals get anywhere? They have been the worst playoff the last two years and were bounced with little fanfare

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I like playing some games on easy, sue me!

A few years ago I would have laughed at you for being a big stupid baby for playing on easy...

BUT NOW I DO IT TOO!

I just don't have the time usually to really be frustrated by hard gameplay anymore. :(

Dragon

Banned
I'm about 12 years late to the party but MGS2 is super short. Why did I have it in my head that these were games of epic length?

You should play Rising and get upset when the final playtime is something like 5 hours. Mostly because they don't count cutscenes and they only count the fastest time through a level.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Me too bro.

If the game is great you can always replay on hard.

A few years ago I would have laughed at you for being a big stupid baby for playing on easy...

BUT NOW I DO IT TOO!

I just don't have the time usually to really be frustrated by hard gameplay anymore. :(

I think it's an age thing probably. I typically play on normal but I'll turn that difficulty down if it gets frustrating (looking at you Xcom).

Other games like Civilization I'll gradually work my way up to harder levels since that can be fun. I tried Halo on legendary after the Internet gaming experts said that that was the "real" game. I felt lied to...what a boring and frustrating slog-fest.

Well I think it's that time of year again bros.

I'm going to start collecting names for people that want to participate in the 2013 GAF NFL MOCK DRAFT. I'll do it like last year: I won't assume you're in unless you tell me. FA starts on March 12 so to make sure nobody gets fucked by losing picks we'll wait until after that to start, but I want to get the names in ASAP.

Rules are just like last year - It should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick. I'll be less patient in waiting; say, four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped. No trades - we're not doing a full 7 round mock so there's nothing of value to trade. Just pick who you believe your team will pick in your spot.

Only doing 1 round this year - every year people ask for 2 rounds and every year the second round dies 10 picks in, with Futurevoid and LJ providing 9 of them.
I'm in again to help with the Steelers pick.

I'm just messing with you Twienke.

I must have taken 25 hours to beat MGS2 the first time through.

I was like 3 when it came out so I wasn't very good at video games and the internet barely existed at that point so I wouldn't cheat and look things up.
Also it took me awhile to figure out how to take guards hostage, etc.

Rorschach

Nah JaWalrus overthrew everyone with zip, TP floats all his throws to WRs leaving them to be murdered after the catch.

Talking about his footwork. He likes to throw on a foot on an angle, etc. That's why everything is a floater. He doesn't have the raw arm to compensate like JaWalrus.

Striker

You're assuming Kiwi starts at LDE. Tuck had troubles against backup, medicore lineman in these past two years. He's toast.

Nightz

I'm going to start collecting names for people that want to participate in the 2013 GAF NFL MOCK DRAFT. I'll do it like last year: I won't assume you're in unless you tell me. FA starts on March 12 so to make sure nobody gets fucked by losing picks we'll wait until after that to start, but I want to get the names in ASAP.

Rules are just like last year - It should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick. I'll be less patient in waiting; say, four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped. No trades - we're not doing a full 7 round mock so there's nothing of value to trade. Just pick who you believe your team will pick in your spot.

Only doing 1 round this year - every year people ask for 2 rounds and every year the second round dies 10 picks in, with Futurevoid and LJ providing 9 of them.

I'm in for the Chargers.

T Pryor future for the raiders?

I got to see him play against the Chargers and he was fun to watch. Like the others have said, he's not quite there with all of his throws, but he got us in the endzone 3 times and can make things happen with his feet and athletic ability. He's also got some fire in him and the desire to win and proved he can lead. He'll get an opportunity at some point, if not this year then next for sure.

cashman

Banned

I'm in for this

Top Bottom