• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Not gonna lie I wish the Vikebikes get Revis and Welker even though it won't happen. Make my dreams come true.

I cant agree.

Welker wouldnt mesh well with Ponder I think and if we get him then we just have another slot receiver. Nothing against the guy, I love him but he would be a redundant addition. On top of that he would demand too much cash.

As for Revis. In a perfect world under perfect conditions it might be good.

Unfortunately Revis is coming off a serious injury (Not everyone is AP) and he has a bad habit of always wanting more money. I wouldnt be surprised if he signs with a team, gets paid, and wants to hold out for a bigger contract the next year.

No thanks to both.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I cant agree.

Welker wouldnt mesh well with Ponder I think and if we get him then we just have another slot receiver. Nothing against the guy, I love him but he would be a redundant addition. On top of that he would demand too much cash.

As for Revis. In a perfect world under perfect conditions it might be good.

Unfortunately Revis is coming off a serious injury (Not everyone is AP) and he has a bad habit of always wanting more money. I wouldnt be surprised if he signs with a team, gets paid, and wants to hold out for a bigger contract the next year.

No thanks to both.

We have the drugs to do AP again. Just dream of Harvin and Welker. Its like god.

I feel like I should make a bold off-season prediction to hang my hat on. Hmmm......of the three rookie quarterbacks that made the playoffs last year, only Russell Wilson will return there in 2013 (as a wild card).

Well I think it's that time of year again bros.

I'm going to start collecting names for people that want to participate in the 2013 GAF NFL MOCK DRAFT. I'll do it like last year: I won't assume you're in unless you tell me. FA starts on March 12 so to make sure nobody gets fucked by losing picks we'll wait until after that to start, but I want to get the names in ASAP.

Rules are just like last year - It should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick. I'll be less patient in waiting; say, four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped. No trades - we're not doing a full 7 round mock so there's nothing of value to trade. Just pick who you believe your team will pick in your spot.

Only doing 1 round this year - every year people ask for 2 rounds and every year the second round dies 10 picks in, with Futurevoid and LJ providing 9 of them.

Bears

Welker has 741 catches (including the playoffs) and 41 receiving touchdowns for the Patriots. That’s roughly $37,303 per catch.

The former Chad Ochocinco played one season here, was paid $6 million and caught 16 passes at a price of $375,000 per catch.
Man, that is pitiful. Why are they so hesitant to pay the guy?

Man, that is pitiful. Why are they so hesitant to pay the guy?

I honestly don't know.

Age? Them being cheap? Or they think that they can easily replace him, they tried to replace him this season, working him out of the offense graduatly, but it failed because everbody besides him got injured.

I honestly don't know.

Age? Them being cheap? Or they think that they can easily replace him, they tried to replace him this season, working him out of the offense graduatly, but it failed because everbody besides him got injured.
I think he'd be worth more than the Pats think on the FA market. Even considering his age there are a lot of teams who could use a guy like Welker. Even still, I do think he could be replaceable in that offense.

eznark

Banned
He is 31 years old, has a history of significant injury and wants what, $60m? He was great last year but pedestrian as fuck in 2010. Patriots seem like a smart "take it or leave it" team to me.

He is 31 years old, has a history of significant injury and wants what, $60m? He was great last year but pedestrian as fuck in 2010. Patriots seem like a smart "take it or leave it" team to me.
I might be forgetting something but what's his history of significant injuries? He's played in 16 regular season games in 6 of his 8 years in the league and the least he's played in a season is 14. That sounds like some pretty great durability to me, especially compared to guys like Gronk and Hernandez.

eznark

Banned
I might be forgetting something but what's his history of significant injuries? He's played in 16 regular season games in 6 of his 8 years in the league and the least he's played in a season is 14. That sounds like some pretty great durability to me, especially compared to guys like Gronk and Hernandez.

Total knee destruction in 2010. I didn't say he was injury prone, I said he had a significant injury. I don't think it will happen again, but I think a total knee reconstruction ages a players body.

Total knee destruction in 2010. I didn't say he was injury prone, I said he had a significant injury. I don't think it will happen again, but I think a total knee reconstruction ages a players body.
It hasn't hurt his production so far, but I see your point about it being a risk to consider going forward. I can't imagine no one wanting to take the chance on him, though.

1. Chiefs -
2. Jaguars - Tamanon
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92
4. Eagles - Yankeehater
5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054
6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets -
10. Titans -
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins -
13. Buccaneers -
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints -
16. Rams - squicken
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd.,
21. Bengals -
22. Rams (from Redskins) -
23. Vikings -
24. Colts -
25. Seahawks -
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans -
28. Broncos - Godslay
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers -
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

eznark

Banned
He was pretty ordinary the year before last.

Someone will definitely spend on him. Probably a perennial non-contender who knows they are hot garbage and use free agency as a way to excite fans and sell tickets because they know come September there is nothing left to be excited about.

So my money is on Minnesota, Chicago or the Jets.

Sanjuro

The Welker defense is just wearing me thin.

Should we sign him? Probably.
Overpay for him? Maybe just a little.

I'm sick of the "OMGPAYHIM ANYTHING HES WES WEKLAH!"

bionic77

Pats and their fans are so predictable.

Tammy takes paycut. Fans and analysts assume money saved will be used to retain talent.

Rumor comes out that Wes is asking for too much (probably started by Pats). They are going to lowball him. He will go to another team giving him more money and Pats will pretend they made him a fair offer and Pats fans will now convince themselves that he was never very good.

Sanjuro

Pats and their fans are so predictable.

Tammy takes paycut. Fans and analysts assume money saved will be used to retain talent.

Rumor comes out that Wes is asking for too much (probably started by Pats). They are going to lowball him. He will go to another team giving him more money and Pats will pretend they made him a fair offer and Pats fans will now convince themselves that he was never very good.

Imagination.

With the new draft format, there's nothing worse than watching the whole draft, waiting for your team to pick late twenties (or 32, if you're awesome), and then have them trade out of the first round, making you wait until the next day to pick. This happened to us last year, and will happen again this year.

In Ozzie we trust.

Milchjon

Just watched a Stevie Johnson interview (...mancrush alert) and he says he can't swim, which I've read is true for a lot of (African?) Americans. Is there a reason for this? Like no public pools in cities? Because I'm pretty sure that's still part of every elementary school's curriculum over here.

Just watched a Stevie Johnson interview (...mancrush alert) and he says he can't swim, which I've read is true for a lot of (African?) Americans. Is there a reason for this? Like no public pools in cities? Because I'm pretty sure that's still part of every elementary school's curriculum over here.

Not going there

Just not a priority for most of us. Most beaches in the islands for example have shallow water for a mile, no reason to go out farther.
Deacon must have me on ignore.
Love you too much baby.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Racist!

But seriously as one of those black men who can't swim just wasn't a priority. I can think of in my entire family (aunts/uncles/cousins/etc.) about 3 or 4 people who can swim.

The myth/rumour has always been because blacks seem to have more muscle mass they don't float as well so it's a bit tougher for us.

Top Bottom