• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Pools in school is weird. We didn't have one in my public school, or any school I knew of. Private had them. But in California, they all seem to have them. They have water polo teams.

Water Polo sucks. Treading water for long periods if time sounds fucking awful.

Water Polo is the dirtiest sport in the world. If there aren't at least 10 attempts at murder by drowning, then you're not playing Water Polo. Terrible.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I guess you missed the joke.

I didn't comment on the joke because it was awful. The Bears would sell out Soldier Field even if they were coming off an 0-16 season, they don't need to excite the fanbase to sell tickets. See Chicago Cubs or Chicago Bulls for recent examples of hot garbage teams selling out every year despite less than stellar product on the field.

I didn't comment on the joke because it was awful. The Bears would sell out Soldier Field even if they were coming off an 0-16 season, they don't need to excite the fanbase to sell tickets. See Chicago Cubs or Chicago Bulls for recent examples of hot garbage teams selling out every year despite less than stellar product on the field.

I wonder if sanjuro thinks Chicago fans are just bandwagon fans.

Honestly, I bought it all; it's not that I think any of them are worthwhile. I just want them to keep on bringing games over here, and the base game was more then worth the money I paid for it.
Yeah, I definitely understand that. I might go back and buy some of it eventually but the main game has kept me occupied for so long that I just haven't seen the need for it yet. So is Infinite Regalia basically just a quick way to get good weapons and access the Dread Fighter? Any reason to play it besides that?

Draxal

Yeah, I definitely understand that. I might go back and buy some of it eventually but the main game has kept me occupied for so long that I just haven't seen the need for it yet. So is Infinite Regalia basically just a quick way to get good weapons and access the Dread Fighter? Any reason to play it besides that?

Infinite Regalia = weapons + Eldigan from Fire Emblem 4 (He was a npc in that game, so it's first time he's playable).

Lost Bloodlines 2 = Alm + Dread Fighter scroll.

Well I'd guess around 75% of new blackhawks fans are on the wagon. The Hawks were drawing around 3-5k in the dark days a decade ago.

Started seeing more Blackhawks gear around here in DC, so I'd say the bandwagon's getting full.

I don't really follow the NHL much, so I guess I'd default to being a Blue Jackets fan if anything. Bandwagon doesn't even exist there.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well I'd guess around 75% of new blackhawks fans are on the wagon. The Hawks were drawing around 3-5k in the dark days a decade ago.

I hope the bandwagon crashes. Apparently the Blackhawks are the ones who are preventing an NHL team going to Wisconsin.

bionic77

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. You were definitely right on this one. I get so pissed when I lose a unit. I feel like a failure. LOL
Its the best.

Only Nintendo would hold onto one of the greatest games and make them Japan only for 20 years.

The death mechanic really makes the game so much better. I can't recommend playing in pussy mode where deaths don't count. I had to restart Chapter 16 last night when a bunch of archers came out of nowhere and killed my Pegasus Knight.

The one advise I give to all newbies is try to level up at least one character in all of the separate classes. Never rely too much on the strong characters they start you out with. Those people always suck balls at the end of the game and steal all of the exp.

The Atlantic Ocean is amazing. Long sandy composition beaches where you can walk out a quarter of a mile in lukewarm water up to your knees. You can spend all day there. Pacific sucks. Short, rocky deposition beaches, cut your feet on jagged rocks before you get eleven feet into the icy surf, even in July, then it drops too deep to walk. Get tied up in nasty kelp, bit to shit by beach bugs, and then there's the great whites. I don't give a fuck if almost no one gets attacked, they're there, and that's enough for me.
You cray.

The Atlantic is fugly and cold most of the time. The Pacific water is warmer, in general the beaches are more beautiful, and the color of the water doesn't look like the toilet after one of your celebratory dumps.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Sounds like the kind of shitty decisions the Lions would make.

How would signing one of those guys be a shitty decision?

Welker lining up in the slot opposite of Megatron is shitty?

Using Reggie Bush off screens/draws and taking pressure off Stafford is shitty?

Having Revis on a defense that has Suh and Nick Fairley torturing QBs is shitty?

I can sense the nervousness in Packer fans and other NFC fans. If this was a team with Matt Millen as GM Id agree, but Mayhew has made mostly great decisions putting together this team.

How would signing one of those guys be a shitty decision?

Welker lining up in the slot opposite of Megatron is shitty?

Using Reggie Bush off screens/draws and taking pressure off Stafford is shitty?

Having Revis on a defense that has Suh and Nick Fairley torturing QBs is shitty?

I can sense the nervousness in Packer fans and other NFC fans. If this was a team with Matt Millen as GM Id agree, but Mayhew has made mostly great decisions putting together this team.

It really showed last year.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It really showed last year.

A young team combined with shitty special teams and injuries will do that to you.

There is no denying that this team has the young talent to do great things it just needs more veteran leadership and overall cohesion that comes with age.

We're certaintly a hell of a lot better off than the Nick Foles led Eagles.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I'm all for the Lions spending big money on a 32 year old receiver, a locker-room malcontent CB who hasn't played in a year or 2 with busted knees, and 3rd down running back.

WedgeX

Banned
Sounds like the kind of shitty decisions the Lions would make.

Normally I'd agree. But AoE2:HD is coming out.

Everything is awesome!

iAASHfhHO04i8.jpg

A young team combined with shitty special teams and injuries will do that to you.

There is no denying that this team has the young talent to do great things it just needs more veteran leadership and overall cohesion that comes with age.

We're certaintly a hell of a lot better off than the Nick Foles led Eagles.

Good thing for the Eagles they are not lead by Foles. I have no idea what team is in better shape, Eagles might have a coach though, whereas we know the Lions dont. I was a big believer in Stafford when he came out, but last year has totally soured me on him. He has terrible mechanics and just relies on a great WR to bail him out. I really dont think the Lions are going anywhere, the Eagles probably arnt either though if that helps you sleep at night.

Striker

Webster took a pay cut and will remain a Giant for 2013. Salary is down to 4 million from 7.25 million.

Get Diehl a good pay cut and the cap situation is looking pretty good.
Good news on both fronts. Baas' cap is extremely low now - I wonder how his cap hit will be next off-season where he will be a candidate for release. Webster's money is what I had expected in that $3.5-4.0M range.

There's still moves to make because they had to make tenders on the RFA and well as the rookie pool and any FA's they may be interested in.

effzee

Eagles fan who do you think they should target in the FA market?

Eric Winston probably gets a look but considering his weakness, I don't think they will sign him. Still think then at #4 they select either one of the tackles Reid doesn't take.

That still leaves the top need at S, CB, DT, and LB depending on how or if they run the 3-4.

I look at the FA safeties and there are some quality players available:

Here are some NFL free-agent safeties who might interest the Eagles:

Player Team Age Ht. Wt.

Dashon Goldson 49ers 28 6-2 200

William Moore Falcons 27 6-0 221

Glover Quin Texans 27 6-0 207

Kenny Phillips Giants 26 6-2 217

Ed Reed Ravens 34 5-11 205

LaRon Landry Jets 28 6-0 220

Louis Delmas Lions 25 5-11 202

Charles Woodson Packers 36 6-1 202

Chris Clemons Dolphins 27 6-1 214

Automatically knock off the guys over 30 and any Lions player and you are left with guys like Goldson, Moore, Quin, Philips, and Landry.

Would love for them to make Goldson the one big pick up especially now since we hired Gamble as our VP of player personnel. But really they should add one of these guys in addition to whoever they pick up in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Sick and tired of seeing clowns like Coleman, Allen, and Demps before them pretending to be NFL safeties.

Well I think it's that time of year again bros.

I'm going to start collecting names for people that want to participate in the 2013 GAF NFL MOCK DRAFT. I'll do it like last year: I won't assume you're in unless you tell me. FA starts on March 12 so to make sure nobody gets fucked by losing picks we'll wait until after that to start, but I want to get the names in ASAP.

Rules are just like last year - It should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick. I'll be less patient in waiting; say, four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped. No trades - we're not doing a full 7 round mock so there's nothing of value to trade. Just pick who you believe your team will pick in your spot.

Only doing 1 round this year - every year people ask for 2 rounds and every year the second round dies 10 picks in, with Futurevoid and LJ providing 9 of them.

I'd like to be in on this (BrownsGAF).

Eagles fan who do you think they should target in the FA market?

Eric Winston probably gets a look but considering his weakness, I don't think they will sign him. Still think then at #4 they select either one of the tackles Reid doesn't take.

That still leaves the top need at S, CB, DT, and LB depending on how or if they run the 3-4.

I look at the FA safeties and there are some quality players available:

Automatically knock off the guys over 30 and any Lions player and you are left with guys like Goldson, Moore, Quin, Philips, and Landry.

Would love for them to make Goldson the one big pick up especially now since we hired Gamble as our VP of player personnel. But really they should add one of these guys in addition to whoever they pick up in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Sick and tired of seeing clowns like Coleman, Allen, and Demps before them pretending to be NFL safeties.
Caplan said Quinn and the cb Smith from the Fins would be their top targets.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I was a big believer in Stafford when he came out, but last year has totally soured me on him. He has terrible mechanics and just relies on a great WR to bail him out.

But those things are simply not true and the film is there to prove otherwise. You've been listening to Ron Jaworski a bit to much, who has disliked Stafford for whatever reason and will not ever give him credit.

Stafford distributes the ball as well as any QB in the league. Of his 41 TDs in his 2011 season, 16 went to Megatron the rest were evenly distributed to Pettigrew, Titus Young, Burleson and Jahvid Best.

The 2012 season saw our WR corp decimated and saw us starting Staffords drinking buddy from college against the Packers at Lambeau field on a nationally televised game.

Even when you look at Staffords TDs and yards for the 2012 season about 33% or so went to Megatron.

Its not like chucking it to Megatron is a bad thing either. When you have the arm of Stafford and skill of Megatron you have to do that a few times a game.

At the end of the day a WR is only as good as the QB throwing him the ball. Megatron would not have broken the all time WR yards record with Jon Kitna or Drew Stanton throwing him the ball.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I am thinking of Cali/Hawaii ocean and comparing it to Northeast Atlantic.

Obviously Atlantic is warm in Florida and the south, but I always preferred the Pacific.

It's a physics issue. Water swirls in a clockwise manner (in the Northern hemisphere). The water in the Atlantic comes up from the tropics, the water in the Pacific comes down from the arctic. In the summer, the ocean is warmer in NY than it is in LA.

squicken

Schoobiak

Since 2006, Kubiak is 17-34 (.333) against playoff teams including the 1-1 playoff record in 2012. The Texans were 4-5 overall against playoff teams in 2012.
--
Only twice in franchise history has Houston been able to win consecutive games against playoff teams.

In 2009 they beat a New England team that half-assed the game in Week 17. This was followed by a Week 1 win over the 2010 Colts, then a Week 6 comeback win over Kansas City (not a strong team). Schaub was the quarterback in all three games, all played at home, but it was not as if the games were played closely together.

That was the only time in Schaub’s career he has won consecutive games against playoff teams.

The other occurrence for Houston was a closer string. In 2011 the Texans beat Atlanta in Week 13, came back against the Bengals the following week and then took care of the Bengals again in the Wild Card round. All three games were started by TJ Yates.

--
Since Wade Phillips became defensive coordinator in 2011, the Texans have allowed 40 points to Drew Brees and the 2011 Saints, 42 points to Aaron Rodgers and the 2012 Packers, and the 2012 Patriots finished with 42 and 41 points.

--

Against playoff teams, Flacco is 23-22 (.511) as a starter, 60 touchdowns, 37 interceptions and an 84.0 passer rating.
Against playoff teams, Schaub is 11-24 (.314) as a starter, 42 touchdowns, 35 interceptions and an 84.3 passer rating.
Against playoff teams since 2010, Flacco is 17-9 (.654), 46 touchdowns, 12 interceptions and a 97.3 passer rating.
Against playoff teams since 2010, Schaub is 7-11 (.389), 24 touchdowns, 14 interceptions and an 87.4 passer rating.

Top Bottom