• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Milchjon

Kluwe is going balls deep into EA right now on Twitter, regarding the drama that is the Sim City launch.

BEyabNcCYAAInZw.jpg:large

:jnc

squicken

yawn HL2 was a disaster at launch and everyone loves it. If it's a good game he'll be back. Consumers are treated like little bitches b/c that's what we are

mr2xxx

Banned
God damn at Sherman. Skip is an idiot but take a page out J.Rose's book instead of making yourself look like the biggest asshole on stage. Which is an amazing accomplishment considering Skip is there.

MechDX

I'd prefer Goldson who is a heavy hitter but Quinn doesn't shy away from run support either.

I'd welcome Quinn and Smith with open arms so long as they also draft a S and CB from the deep secondary class this year.

I swear if Quin gets away I am going down to Kirby and someone at Reliant is getting their asses whooped!

effzee

I swear if Quin gets away I am going down to Kirby and someone at Reliant is getting their asses whooped!

We do have that dream team money lying around again...

Panthers owner has always come across like a selfish douchebag. No real surprise here.

Godslay

Banned
Awesome. But aren't football refs usually slightly further from the action?

Except the dude that lost us the Ravens game by brutally tackling Brady...

Depends on the ref. The umpire would be the best, he's the guy mixed in with the linebackers. They would all be great really if you could switch between them depending on where the play is going.

brentech

Different MMA organizations have been doing that for a long time. UFC hasn't ever tried it though, not that I'm aware of. I don't see why it couldn't work in the NFL.
They just have to know to do their job as normal. If they happen to catch a good moment, great.

Milchjon

Different MMA organizations have been doing that for a long time. UFC hasn't ever tried it though, not that I'm aware of. I don't see why it couldn't work in the NFL.
They just have to know to do their job as normal. If they happen to catch a good moment, great.

Getting a closer look at what's happening in the pile after a fumble would be great.

Although the refs might not like the increased scrutiny.

Striker

Total Access saying "teams are lining up to make offers to Victor Cruz".

My guesses who will be the top buyers for him: Seattle, New England, and San Francisco.

Sigh.

Striker

what is his tender? 1st round pick?
Yeah. I mean for those teams it's really nothing. Getting a young, very good receiver for a late first is fantastic. Nobody did that Wallace deal last year because he's simply not that good, but Cruz is. They just cannot afford him with his demands and guys like JPP and Nicks coming up too. The biggest issue I've had is how highly paid the C-RG-RT combo is at this point in Baas, Snee, and Diehl. Outrageous.

Think they'll use a high pick on a WR (Austin, Patterson?) if Cruz is inevitably signed away. There's is still a young group there but somebody like Jerrel Jernigan will have to step up for that slot position.

Yeah. I mean for those teams it's really nothing. Getting a young, very good receiver for a late first is fantastic. Nobody did that Wallace deal last year because he's simply not that good, but Cruz is. They just cannot afford him with his demands and guys like JPP and Nicks coming up too. The biggest issue I've had is how highly paid the C-RG-RT combo is at this point in Baas, Snee, and Diehl. Outrageous.

Think they'll use a high pick on a WR (Austin, Patterson?) if Cruz is inevitably signed away. There's is still a young group there but somebody like Jerrel Jernigan will have to step up for that slot position.

if i were the niners, i'd give up the #31 pick for cruz in a heartbeat. the question is can we fit him into our cap? obviously it wont be an issue for this year (we'll have between $13-17 mil in cap space with akers/alex smith and possibly haralson gone) but we also have some hefty contracts coming up: kap, aldon, iupati, crabtree, anthony davis

Tom Penny

So how much extra money did Moore make Flacco by blowing that play in the playoffs costing Denver the win? Is he really the highest payed in history losing in the 2nd round?

xnipx

So how much extra money did Moore make Flacco by blowing that play in the playoffs costing Denver the win? Is he really the highest payed in history losing in the 2nd round?

If flacco is so bad what is Tammy exactly???
You can't talk shit about a team being lucky when we stomped the shit out of ur team the next round with no luck needed. And talib doesn't play offense so don't even bring that shit up

squicken

if i were the niners, i'd give up the #31 pick for cruz in a heartbeat. the question is can we fit him into our cap? obviously it wont be an issue for this year (we'll have between $13-17 mil in cap space with akers/alex smith and possibly haralson gone) but we also have some hefty contracts coming up: kap, aldon, iupati, crabtree, anthony davis

I would say SEA is more likely than SF. SF has had a lot of its guys sacrifice to keep it all together. Idea is that they reward their own guys who excel. Plus, both he and Crabtree do their best work inside the numbers.

There's also the structure. The Giants can match any deal, and any team that is up against the cap can't do something creative that the Giants can't match. But a team like NE or CLE can front-load the deal so there's no way NY can match. CLE wouldn't do it b/c it would cost a high 1, but NE seems like the perfect team. I'd have no problem if STL gave up their 1, but they'd have to redo some contracts to structure it right

Tom Penny

You can't talk shit about a team being lucky when we stomped the shit out of ur team the next round with no luck needed. And talib doesn't play offense so don't even bring that shit up

Last time I checked. Tom will be going down as one of the greatest ever. I'm not sure what that has to do with the question though.

Godslay

Banned

I'm not saying Flacco is terrible, as he did have a good game against us. Even with that said Moore being out of position did make Flacco some money. If Moore plays that like any other professional safety would, NE would have been playing in Denver the next week. Props to Flacco on getting it done, but he did have plenty of help in that game from the Broncos secondary that game.

Top Bottom