• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

xnipx

I'm not saying Flacco is terrible, as he did have a good game against us. Even with that said Moore being out of position did make Flacco some money. If Moore plays that like any other professional safety would, NE would have been playing in Denver the next week. Props to Flacco on getting it done, but he did have plenty of help in that game from the Broncos secondary that game.

That throw was not on 4th down. And there was still time on the clock. We still had time to move the ball down the field even if we swats it.

If Webbie doesn't get hurt we probably go 13-3 and might not have won the Super Bowl. And Champ getting exposed by Torrey all game isn't "help" it's just one player dominating another.

Richard Sherman is a cunt.

Now, I remember why the hate...

tom-brady-richard-sherman-patriots-seahawks-2012.jpg

Godslay

Banned
That throw was not on 4th down. And there was still time on the clock. We still had time to move the ball down the field even if we swats it.

If Webbie doesn't get hurt we probably go 13-3 and might not have won the Super Bowl. And Champ getting exposed by Torrey all game isn't "help" it's just one player dominating another.

70 yards with 0:39 on the clock on 3rd Down? In addition to having to score a TD to tie the game? In almost all scenarios that is game over for the team trying to score. Flacco lucked out with a chuck and pray scenario. Argue otherwise please.

Yeah, old Champ isn't as fast as a young Torrey Smith. That's not news to anyone. Champ did get burned, but his safety help was garbage too. Flacco took advantage of it. Like I said he had a good game, but luck was smiling upon him that day. It's not a bad thing!

Yeah Tebows great.

He likes to hang out with the people who blame gays for 9/11 and such

He benevolence gave us the bfb! How dare you blasphemer!

squicken

SJAX is for sure gone, not that there was much doubt. Doesn't want to be in a platoon. Should go to Denver, though they really could use a mix of youth in their backfield already

Godslay

Banned
SJAX is for sure gone, not that there was much doubt. Doesn't want to be in a platoon. Should go to Denver, though they really could use a mix of youth in their backfield already

I'd welcome him, sounds like a couple years max though. He'd have to come for the right price obviously, but with the way they've been handling Dumervil, I'm assuming they wouldn't get fleeced. If SJAX comes to Denver, that means McGahee is gone, Knowshon is depth again, Hillman gets misc. snaps, beyond that it's scraps. Anyways he'd be a quick fix, especially if they are going to go all out for the next 2-3 years to try and get it done.

Forgot to add that some mocks have us taking Montee Ball in the 3rd iirc.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Hartline Five years, $30.775, 13m guaranteed

Smart move by the Dolphins. They could've overpaid for Jennings or Wallace but they're sticking with a young dude who has a decent future ahead of him.

They should fill some other positions on the DL, OL, DBs etc with that saved money. You can always find a decent WR in the draft with higher probability than you can with other positions IMO.

Titus Young is better and more talented than Hartline and we got him in the 2nd round of the 2011 draft. Problem is/was he's fucked up in the head which is another higher probability you get with WRs from Pee Wee to the NFL.

Striker

Doesn't Miami still have a large sum of cap left? They can go after Wallace or Jennings I thought. I don't think it's a bad deal at all - he's a good possession guy and did very well last year. They need more pieces around Tannehill still.

squicken

Doesn't Miami still have a large sum of cap left? They can go after Wallace or Jennings I thought. I don't think it's a bad deal at all - he's a good possession guy and did very well last year. They need more pieces around Tannehill still.

Saw this on Twitter, but he had 25% of his yards and all of his TDs last year in a early game vs the Cards where they kept blowing coverages. He's a fine #2, but they have to sign Wallace or Jennings. Like can't be outbid gonna get fleeced desperate

amendola signs with niners.....

in our madden franchise league[/spoier]
One of the Rams DTs saw the news and wished Danny good luck, thinking he was Hartline

https://twitter.com/EugeneSims2/status/309888510926663681

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

I'm not sure on the Dolphins cap situation, but if I were GM I would use that extra cap money elsewhere and draft on the dline or elsewhere.

WRs are pretty dispensable these days with the constant talent coming out of college. Look. at how the Saints and Giants have drafted the position the last 5 years.

Roto:
NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline passes along buzz from the Arizona Pro Day that QB Matt Scott has "moved himself into the third round" of April's draft.
A "number of coaches" on hand even suggested Scott could be a late second-rounder. At 6-foot-2, 213, Scott ran in the 4.6s at the Combine and has drawn loose comparisons to Russell Wilson. The NFL's increased usage of read-option can only help the athletic Scott's stock. He played for Rich Rodriguez in 2012.
I wanted Scott but 2/3rd maybe to rich for my blood right now :/. I think he'll probably go before some of the better know guys like Landry Jones. I was hoping Gruden would have Scott on his Qb camp

squicken

I wanted Scott but 2/3rd maybe to rich for my blood right now :/. I think he'll probably go before some of the better know guys like Landry Jones. I was hoping Gruden would have Scott on his Qb camp

lol Landy is like a 5th round pick. Scott will go in the second b/c QBs get over-drafted

Striker

I'm not sure on the Dolphins cap situation, but if I were GM I would use that extra cap money elsewhere and draft on the dline or elsewhere.

WRs are pretty dispensable these days with the constant talent coming out of college. Look. at how the Saints and Giants have drafted the position the last 5 years.
Giants hit on Nicks, Manningham, and (despite his knee injury) Steve Smith. Missed on Ramses Barden and Sinorice Moss.

Jury still out on Rueben Randle, but it's looking good. But yeah, I do agree its better drafting them anymore rather than spending big bucks in FA.

Smart move by the Dolphins. They could've overpaid for Jennings or Wallace but they're sticking with a young dude who has a decent future ahead of him.

They should fill some other positions on the DL, OL, DBs etc with that saved money. You can always find a decent WR in the draft with higher probability than you can with other positions IMO.

Titus Young is better and more talented than Hartline and we got him in the 2nd round of the 2011 draft. Problem is/was he's fucked up in the head which is another higher probability you get with WRs from Pee Wee to the NFL.

lol wtf? based on what? titus has never even approached the season hartline had last year.... a year when he was the #1 target playing with a rookie QB. imagine what hartline could do with the "greatest QB of all time" matt stafford throwing him the ball and calvin on the other side taking coverage away

titus young couldn't hold hartlines jock and i don't think hartline is some elite WR

squicken

lol wtf? based on what? titus has never even approached the season hartline had last year.... a year when he was the #1 target playing with a rookie QB. imagine what hartline could do with the "greatest QB of all time" matt stafford throwing him the ball and calvin on the other side taking coverage away

titus young couldn't hold hartlines jock and i don't think hartline is some elite WR

So Goldston gonna walk? Was it he or Whitner that was blowing all the coverages in the playoffs?

lol Landy is like a 5th round pick. Scott will go in the second b/c QBs get over-drafted
Idk 2nd seems pretty high for me. depends what team he went to. Being a Qb drafted in the 2/3rd to me means you're gonna get a opportunity in the near future to start. I liked him in the 4th, to develop. He did only have this year under his belt if I'm right

And I was just saying Lance landy Jones name because it's one that people are familar with haha, in no way do I like him

squicken

Idk 2nd seems pretty high for me. depends what team he went to. Being a Qb drafted in the 2/3rd to me means you're gonna get a opportunity in the near future to start. I liked him in the 4th, to develop. He did only have this year under his belt if I'm right

And I was just saying Lance landy Jones name because it's one that people are familar with haha, in no way do I like him

haha that was a typo. Landry. but it doesn't matter. He sucks and doesn't deserve to have his name spelled right

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Based on every game I've seen on Young. He is faster, better route running abilities and has hands as good as Hartline. He was honestly the perfect #2 to Megatron.

Young burned Sherman numerous times, including one for a 50+ yard bomb, when we played the Seachickens this year despite Shermans shittalking on Megatron.

Youngs rookie season stats are comparable to Hartlines career season last year. Its a
Goddamn shame Young is a bipolar schizo cause the dude is talented. I was looking forward to seeing what he would do with the Rams but I think he needs to spend a few years in the CFL and grow up. Even then that may not be possible considering how hard headed he is.

So Goldston gonna walk? Was it he or Whitner that was blowing all the coverages in the playoffs?

goldson is probably gone. niners dont want to pay him top dollar for a reason. he is a free safety who is awful in coverage. i'd almost rather cut whitner, move goldson to SS and get a real FS. but whatever. i trust in our coaching staff to make the right move and if goldson isn't in the cards then he isn't. this is a good draft for safeties and there are some decent ones in FA so we'll do what we have to

as far as blowing coverages, it was basically everyone. goldson blew one against the falcons (first TD), whitner allowed 2 TD's in the superbowl, our corners didn't do a great job.

i dont understand it though. we allowed 13 second half points combined in our 3 playoff games. but the first half of most of those games was just a mess. most of the problem stems from no pass rush in the playoffs. there are rumors that aldon had a serious shoulder injury, that justin smith was playing at less than 50%, that this that that. it's a bunch of excuses we just couldn't put together 4 good quarters of football in the playoffs. luckily we were able to get through the first 2 games playing with that inconsistency but it just wasn't meant to be in the superbowl.

haha that was a typo. Landry. but it doesn't matter. He sucks and doesn't deserve to have his name spelled right
I didn't even notice your typo, but I agree. I'll refer to him with a different name everytime.
Side note: I'm actually pretty excited for these Gruden camps to start up. I think I just need my fix of Gruden Grinders

squicken

i dont understand it though. we allowed 13 second half points combined in our 3 playoff games. but the first half of most of those games was just a mess. most of the problem stems from no pass rush in the playoffs. there are rumors that aldon had a serious shoulder injury, that justin smith was playing at less than 50%, that this that that. it's a bunch of excuses we just couldn't put together 4 good quarters of football in the playoffs. luckily we were able to get through the first 2 games playing with that inconsistency but it just wasn't meant to be in the superbowl.

It's so hard to find a good coverage safety. Everything I see on FA safeties is "good in the box must play downhill". Ed Reed is the only decent guy in coverage and he's 900.

Thought it was obvious Justin was hurt and not really functional. You guys had a great run of health, but the lack of depth got exposed. People keep talking about you guys bundling picks to move up, but you really need to start developing replacements to some of these guys

As for the coverage issues, you know my thoughts on Fangio. I think the talent has hid his flaws

According to Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole, Percy Harvin is targeting a deal in the range of Calvin Johnson's as opposed to Dwayne Bowe or Vincent Jackson.
Harvin considers himself a "special" player and reportedly wants $16.5 annually, which would put him right behind Megatron ($18.8M average) and ahead of Larry Fitzgerald ($16.06M). Bowe and Jackson, the NFL's third and fourth highest-paid wideouts, collect $11.2M and $11.1M per year, respectively. Per Cole, Harvin "threatened to walk out on the team" last offseason after hearing the Patriots gave Aaron Hernandez a contract extension after only two NFL seasons. "[The Vikings are] in a tough spot," one source told Cole. "If you don't take some aggressive action, this could get really bad." Harvin seems 50:50 to be a Viking in 2013.
Ha, I see

Top Bottom