• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

New fish logo on table where Hartline signed his deal:

h620mUTl.jpg

Not according to the Dolphins at least:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-didnt-leak-new-logo-during-hartline-signing/

bionic77

So much SimCity complaining, and all I can think is: fuck, I want this game

might be crazy
If you paid full price for a game that did not work because of a security feature you might be pissed too.

Always online for single player really makes no sense for the consumer.

brentech

If you paid full price for a game that did not work because of a security feature you might be pissed too.

Eh, that's not the part I'm talking about.
Lots of complaining going on about game mechanics on the gaming sides, but I haven't played a sim city in forever and really want it. obviously not going to jump on till shit's fixed.

Wrayfield

Fuck this shit. I am honestly willing to pay full price for a game I really wan, but not for like this. It's more a principle for me. I really would love to play it, but I ain't gonna wait until they fix some server issues. If you want to it connected always, fine, make sure it fucking works. If not, I'm not buying. Such a fucking waste of potential buyers...

Somewhat surprised myself. I know they're not allowed to talk to other teams, but maybe his agent tried to gauge the interest with other teams and there was little? Okay back-up for us in case Tannehill get hurt.

Tomorrow is the start of legal tampering, so he only had to wait 1 more day and find out for sure. Seems like an odd time to sign.

bionic77

Eh, that's not the part I'm talking about.
Lots of complaining going on about game mechanics on the gaming sides, but I haven't played a sim city in forever and really want it. obviously not going to jump on till shit's fixed.
I have not played a Sim game in forever.

I don't even have enough time for Fire Emblem. I think I have had it for 2 weeks and I am only on Chapter 16 or 17. Back in the day I would have blasted through this game in a week or less. But when you only get like 1-2 hours a day to play it is hard to make any progress in a game with this much content. I also replay certain levels to get items, recruit characters that I killed by accident, etc.

Draxal

I have not played a Sim game in forever.

I don't even have enough time for Fire Emblem. I think I have had it for 2 weeks and I am only on Chapter 16 or 17. Back in the day I would have blasted through this game in a week or less. But when you only get like 1-2 hours a day to play it is hard to make any progress in a game with this much content. I also replay certain levels to get items, recruit characters that I killed by accident, etc.

Should have just played pussy mode it was meant for adults like you.

Anyway, I like the changes to the new Sim City, and I bought it and kind of frustrated about the drm situation, but alot of people are going to blow of the game soon so the server bottleneck isn't going to be there.

BigAT

Osi Umenyiora ‏@OsiUmenyiora
If the NFL is now a 60% passing league, why are great pass rushers talked about as "situational players"? That makes absolutely NO sense.

Uh...because 60% is nowhere close to 100% and you got embarrassed whenever the team ran the ball towards you?

bionic77

Should have just played pussy mode it was meant for adults like you.

Anyway, I like the changes to the new Sim City, and I bought it and kind of frustrated about the drm situation, but alot of people are going to blow of the game soon so the server bottleneck isn't going to be there.
Would be less fun in pussy mode.

I am a FE vet. I know the mechanics and how to level up my characters so they max out.

Besides Chrom and my avatar Vailke and Cordellia are like one man armies. Somehow Pegasus Knights always seem to become badasses in Fire Emblem. I remember in one of the GBA games my Hector and a Peg Knight were by far the most useful and powerful characters in the game. In those games there was a limit on how much you could level up your characters though. They had arenas but otherwise you had to really manage even the experience.

I've had it since launch and I'm only on Chapter 12 thanks to all the DLC and side stuff. Not to mention a lack of time.

Hate people like that. Just as annoying as Skip....congrats!?

Skip is a condescending asshole, and it's always nice when he gets it served back to him. Sherman went way hard on him in a serious way. Suggs does it a humorous way. Both are fine when it comes to shitting on Skip Bayless.

WedgeX

Banned
Delmas is being flown in by the Lions for a follow-up physical. Presumably to see how his knee is coming along. I am perfectly happy for them to bring Delmas back on a one year deal, provided his knee still has moving parts. There aren't many other free agent options at safety, and the likelihood of them drafting someone to replace him in the first-fourth rounds is near zero. If he can stay healthy, he can do good things. Cutting him in favor of the scrub rotation of last year won't be any sort of positive, other than consistent scrubbery.

brentech

I don't like Skip at all, but saying that he's never accomplished anything is just stupid and works against him coming off as the 'smarter than thou' point he was trying to make.
Skip asks him what he wants to accomplish and he says he already accomplished what he wanted making first time all pro, and didn't say what was next.
Nope...he's done, he got a high honor and that's the tops for him, so now he's onto acting exactly like Skip does.
Woooo

He truly just sank to Skip's level without Skip even having to go there first.
All while Smith sat back smirking, lol

Sanjuro

That's why ESPN puts these shitty shows on TV, cause people lap it up. Sherman's not his favorite cause of how he plays football, he's his favorite cause he said mean things to some dope on TV! Weee!

Players apparently can't tell the difference either, making the gold even more valuable.

brentech

It seems many think Sherman a hero, but he really lost course after mentioning all pro stanford grad.
he could have taken it somewhere and taken Skip to pasture, but he buttfumbled

Players apparently can't tell the difference either, making the gold even more valuable.

TV and talk and image is all part of the deal anymore. I remember the late 80s/early 90s, before the web and pretty much 24 hour sports coverage and how I used to complain that there wasn't enough football talk on TV. The old saying rings true, careful what you wish for!

Sanjuro

TV and talk and image is all part of the deal anymore. I remember the late 80s/early 90s, before the web and pretty much 24 hour sports coverage and how I used to complain that there wasn't enough football talk on TV. The old saying rings true, careful what you wish for!

I love all the coverage available. You just need to take it with a grain of salt. These people know their audience and know how to make them eat out of the palm of their hands.

Suddenly Gondo's boner grew as one of Weeden's potential competitors had vanished.
Looks like this competition might come down to Chase Daniels. Cardinals were talking crazy with the 2nd round tender for Hoyer. Looks more and more like Weeden might get his chance.
Maybe chase will turn out to be a elite Qb...

He is done. They were taking him off the field on passing downs

The official Eagles website has a bunch of free agent previews with Cosell and Caplan. Good primer for what is out there

Yeah they have a ton of great info. They also have Cosell and Caplan on Eagles live pretty much every week.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looks like this competition might come down to Chase Daniels. Cardinals were talking crazy with the 2nd round tender for Hoyer. Looks more and more like Weeden might get his chance.
Maybe chase will turn out to be a elite Qb...

Yeah I was thinking the same we must be going after Chase.

Supposed big arm and does dat vertical game.

effzee

Delmas is being flown in by the Lions for a follow-up physical. Presumably to see how his knee is coming along. I am perfectly happy for them to bring Delmas back on a one year deal, provided his knee still has moving parts. There aren't many other free agent options at safety, and the likelihood of them drafting someone to replace him in the first-fourth rounds is near zero. If he can stay healthy, he can do good things. Cutting him in favor of the scrub rotation of last year won't be any sort of positive, other than consistent scrubbery.

Wait the FA options this year for Safety are actually pretty good. And the draft is loaded with quality secondary players to be had in the later rounds.

Very sad to not see Wilson retire as a Card. Never would have imagined that to be the case just a few years ago. Consummate professional, great player and great Cardinal. He will be missed.

Wilson's strength is in blitzing, not coverage so he can still be effective if used correctly. He's hitting the twilight phase of his career, nonetheless.

Yeah I was thinking the same we must be going after Chase.

Supposed big arm and does dat vertical game.

Sure, why not.
#TeamChase
Roto:
ESPN's Ed Werder reported on SportsCenter that the Browns and Colts will aggressively pursue OLB Paul Kruger in free agency.
Per Werder, Cleveland is "definitely gonna go after" Kruger and will face "intense competition" from Indianapolis, which reportedly envisions Kruger as Dwight Freeney's replacement opposite Robert Mathis. Werder expects Kruger to be signed quickly after Tuesday's free-agent signing period opens. Kruger, 27, led the Super Bowl Ravens in 2012 sacks. We anticipate he'll command a contract worth in the $12 million range annually; perhaps $60 million over five years.
Mar 8 - 11:29 AM
Tehehe when was the last time we battled for any free agent, I'm so giddy tehe. Might have to pull out the money hats though

Delmas is often injured poo. The only impact he makes anymore is the hit he gives after someone catches the ball, and that usually results in another injury. There is a ton of safety talent in the draft. It's Detroit's biggest area of need, imo

Top Bottom