• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Literally nothing would be too much basically.

I usually dont like giving up 1st round picks, but I totally agree with you. The one thing their offense was missing was a dynamic guy in the passing game, and Harvin can definitely be that guy. 9ers better pray that he goes there and acts all crazy like he did with the Vikings.

Very curious to see what they gave up as well. The Seahawks weren't exactly WR rich with Rice/Tate so its a damn good move for them if Pete can get the sand out of Harvin's vagina.

bionic77

Seattle offense would be crazy good if they get Harvin.
They were pretty damn good even without him last year (at the end of the season).

He's really going to be paid more than 10 million a year Lol? If he played this horribly in a contract season, I can only imagine how he's going to play once he's actually guaranteed a fair bit of change. And he'll have Tannehill throwing to him? hahaha
No receiver is worth that much money, especially not a one trick pony like Wallace.

It is crazy that he is getting rewarded for shitting the bed in a contract year. Some teams are so stupid.

eznark

Banned
Whatever they gave up for Harvin its a huge overpay.

i4TF6XuYY83od.gif

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Any trade between MINN and SEA for Percy Harvin, which still is being finalized, is expected to include Seahawks' 2013 first-round pick.

eznark

Banned
Expected to include Seattle's first. Only way I'd say it's maybe slightly stupid is if they gave up next year's first as well.

Harvin is only 24 years old. He is going to be insane in that offense. Easily the best receiver available this off-season including draft and FA.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

A guy who is seemingly incapable of not being a giant cunt. A guy who thinks hes somehow worth elite player type of money when hes shown nothing on the field to indicate that kind of salary.

And now hes getting paid. The idea that hes going to be less of a headache now after he got his money is fucking hilarious.

A guy who is seemingly incapable of not being a giant cunt. A guy who thinks hes somehow worth elite player type of money when hes shown nothing on the field to indicate that kind of salary.

And now hes getting paid. The idea that hes going to be less of a headache now after he got his money is fucking hilarious.

Well thats just not true. He was an MVP candidate for the first half of the year.

The guy is just an extreme malcontent and jerkoff.

eznark

Banned

Your lack of football knowledge is astounding at times. Harvin has shown nothing on the field? Jets fans are insane.

lol, he is only 24 years old and we have no idea what the contract is. It could be all incentive based (almost surely a bonus for starts and receptions) but even if it isn't, he is 24! He still has the big payday coming at 28 or so.

I thought that the feeling was that he had a poor season last year due to him being upset at the Steelers over his contract. It would have been nice if he handled it better but it is understandable that I guy isnt going to go out and risk injury for a team that is trying to lowball him.

He held out of camp (refused to sign his 1st round tender) in a year when they brought in a new offensive coordinator. He had to learn the offense on the fly when he finally came in. Not an excuse as it was his own doing in holding out but teams will take that into account when assigning him a dollar value as well as his previous production. Plus the Steelers made it abundantly clear who their priority was when they signed Antonio Brown long term in the middle of the Wallace nonsense.

He's DeSean Jackson 2.0 (all speed with a bigger frame) but then speed kills and teams will pay for that.

It's kind of a mixture of the two, though I wouldn't say the Steelers lowballed him. They told him they wouldn't negotiate until he signed his tender, he balked and waited till the last moment to sign it. They made him an offer, how much it was isn't known as there's been conflicting rumors, he turned it down. They in turn took that money and gave some of it to Brown. I'm sure that cheesed him off a bit. But like Future said, he was already behind in the new offense. And along with that and his usual uncrisp route running, he started dropping balls. I'm sure part of it was an attitude of, "Fuck it, I'm not going to be around next year anyway."

If I was him, I'd go to a dome team. He'd probably put up great numbers in that situation, though not if Ponder is the one throwing the ball to him. A warm weather team also makes sense. But with guys like Wallace, the money does the talking. So he's going to go to whoever backs the truck up to his door regardless of what the team situation is.

Well thats just not true. He was an MVP candidate for the first half of the year.

The guy is just an extreme malcontent and jerkoff.

Yeah his talent and production have been great but he has been a huge headcase for 2 different coaches now. This is a ballsy move for the Seahawks but it could blow up for them. Getting a 1st plus is huge for the Vikes. Percy wasnt going to play for them again anyway.

cdyhybrid

Yeah his talent and production have been great but he has been a huge headcase for 2 different coaches now. This is a ballsy move for the Seahawks but it could blow up for them. Getting a 1st plus is huge for the Vikes. Percy wasnt going to play for them again anyway.

Pete believes he can handle the characters in his locker room. The contract they're going to give him will almost assuredly have safeguards built in if he acts a fool. These are the same guys that were willing to take a shot on Mike Williams, TO, and Braylon Edwards.

Seattle Times' Seahawks blogger says there is another pick involved aside from the first. My guess is a first and a third or fourth.

No receiver is worth that much money, especially not a one trick pony like Wallace.

It is crazy that he is getting rewarded for shitting the bed in a contract year. Some teams are so stupid.
I don't know what I'd say he's worth to the Dolphins but I don't have a problem saying it's a lot. Wallace is fast, young, and good in the redzone which are all attributes that should improve the Dolphins offense substantially. Without a guy like Wallace: 1) The Hartline contract is a dumb move. 2) Bess is less of a factor. 3) Tannehill's strong arm and ability to stretch the field is completely wasted. 4) The box is constantly loaded with 8 guys and defenses don't respect the deep ball.

Time will tell if it's a smart move or not, but this offense needs a fast no. 1 receiver right now, and with that kind of need it should only be expected that the price will be high. The Dolphins have been setting up for this kind of move since they let Brandon Marshall go.

All of this is assuming they even get him, of course.

Boy, that offense sure is going to be great if Percy can stay on the field. Sidney and Tate stretching the numbers, Zach Miller working the middle and Percy bring the dynamic factor to go along with a pretty good line and Beast Mode? Russel Wilson has to be the happiest Wolf-Badger ever. And if that defense can add a decent DT in the draft, business will be very serious in the NFC West

cdyhybrid

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Seattle sends this years first round pick and a 7th rounder as well as a mid-round pick next year for Harvin. Win-win for both teams

What. Seahawks just turning the Vikes into a WR farm team?

Godslay has it right. May as well direct snap, because there's nothing else on that offense.

Top Bottom