• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

I think he's got 1 year left, though not at the money he wants. Problem for him is it took him about 3 or 4 years to really learn the Steeler defense, so Horton or whoever else he goes to will need to be teaching the same kind of stuff I would think.

I think he may have more than that, but not at what he wants to get paid. I think in a year's time Deebo is going to regret leaving.

jakncoke

Banned
I think he's got 1 year left, though not at the money he wants. Problem for him is it took him about 3 or 4 years to really learn the Steeler defense, so Horton or whoever else he goes to will need to be teaching the same kind of stuff I would think.

He might, but Browns arent 1 year away from winning anything. He'd be best off going to a contender.

Kacar

I was hoping that the Browns would get at least one of Jennings, Harvin, and Wallace. But it doesnt look like thats going to happen.

Harrison's price tag is way too high, I'd prefer to stay away, and I hate that scumbag.

Flacco has an 8m cap hit this year. Boldin was 6.5. How much less should he have taken to keep boldin??

Can't wait to see what Flacco can do next year with Tandon Doss starting!

And to your question....8mil. That's how much less he should have gotten for next year. All of it. Get him the fuck off this team.

JABEE

PhiladelphiaEagles.com said:
The Eagles have confirmed that the team worked out quarterback Geno Smith in Morgantown, West Virginia on Monday.

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk originally reported that Chairman/CEO Jeffery Lurie, general manager Howie Roseman and head coach Chip Kelly were all in attendance.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...no-Smith/b3a7028f-0bf6-41b6-b519-e1870a93a34f

Noooooooo. This sounds like a bad move.

Is he good? I've never heard anyone rave about him.

Cardinals have cut Beanie Wells.

Good news on Cruz changing agents. Bodes well that Condon is onboard. Hopefully a deal can be worked out to keep him a Giant.

Oh and he's officially signed!

BFGmN_3CQAAG0_O.jpg:large

is AJ Jenkins that bad or something? Why do the 49ers need more WR's? Boldin can't even stretch the field.

Boldin was by far and away the most dominant WR in the playoffs last year. He's not a guy to stretch the field, he's a guy who catches everything thrown his way, no matter how contested the catch is.

bionic77

Browns fans are dumb, they want James Harrison really bad. Dont they realize he washed up ?
The Steelers wanted him back. They just could not agree on price.

For a guy who was washed up he was still our best pass rusher last year. He is never going to be the player he was in his prime, but there is still value to a guy who can get 6-8 sacks a year. The main question on Harrison is his health. Will he be able to get healthy and more importantly stay healthy?

If I was a team that needed a pass rusher I would consider Harrison if he was cheap. He is worth it just for his leadership and effort alone.

bjb

Banned
Boldin was by far and away the most dominant WR in the playoffs last year. He's not a guy to stretch the field, he's a guy who catches everything thrown his way, no matter how contested the catch is.

Still, Boldin is like an older - slower Crabtree (imo). Would be much better off with Mike Wallace.

squicken

Still, Boldin is like an older - slower Crabtree (imo). Would be much better off with Mike Wallace.

SF felt they needed a big WR. Thought it cost them in the post-season. There's no illegal contact or PI called. gotta have big guys that can handle that

The Steelers wanted him back. They just could not agree on price.

For a guy who was washed up he was still our best pass rusher last year. He is never going to be the player he was in his prime, but there is still value to a guy who can get 6-8 sacks a year. The main question on Harrison is his health. Will he be able to get healthy and more importantly stay healthy?

If I was a team that needed a pass rusher I would consider Harrison if he was cheap. He is worth it just for his leadership and effort alone.

I think there's a possibility he's back with the Steelers this season. I just don't see anybody lining up to pay him what he wants to be paid.

xnipx

Can't wait to see what Flacco can do next year with Tandon Doss starting!

And to your question....8mil. That's how much less he should have gotten for next year. All of it. Get him the fuck off this team.

So you want flacco gone after he won us a Super Bowl. You're fucking crazy. You have no reason to dislike flacco this much. Any other quarterback in the league who won the Super Bowl like that in their prime in a contract year would have gotten a max contract and deserved every penny. Eli makes 20 mil this year I don't see giants fans blaming him if they lose Cruz

So you want flacco gone after he won us a Super Bowl. You're fucking crazy. You have no reason to dislike flacco this much. Any other quarterback in the league who won the Super Bowl like that in their prime in a contract year would have gotten a max contract and deserved every penny. Eli makes 20 mil this year I don't see giants fans blaming him if they lose Cruz

Boldin was the MVP of that playoff run. Paying Flacco a king's ransom and then letting the player that made him shine walk is just...stupid.

Striker

Believe me, people do. Also it is the main reason many Giant fans want to see Eli's contract extended so it reduces the cap number and allows him to stay longer (which could happen because he's been so durable).

xnipx

Boldin was the MVP of that playoff run. Paying Flacco a king's ransom and then letting the player that made him shine walk is just...stupid.

Oh I agree it's stupid. I wish we had a luxury tax system like any other sane league but this can't be blamed on flacco. His contract is very cap friendly until the later years. This has nothing to do with boldin. If anything blame ellerbe

Top Bottom