• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Canuck76

Banned
He's a really talented player that makes any team he's on better. When he's not hurt he's a very explosive and versatile player that creates matchup problems for teams he faces. Imagine Lynch, Wilson, and Harvin running the ball. Wilson is going to have a monster season next year.

Maybe I'm overrating him, but I like Harvin a lot.

I think so. Dude did have a problem playing for the vikings but for the most part played good soldier and balled hard for most of the season. None of that migrane stuff popped up either so we'll see.

Browns are interested in the brother of our RT, so we could have Schwartz and Schwartz on the right side of our line. Talk about chemistry.

So I guess the Schwartz would be with us? xD

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Just found out about the whole Mike Wallace thing.

Even if we (the Dolphins) get him, he will suck here like every single receiver since O. J. McDuffie and that one great Chris Chambers year.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
FA starts. it will be a new beginning .

Bears sucks
Packers are ugly

I have no hope for this offseason. We're in cap hell because of all the high draft picks in Millen's tenure. If we get a decent safety and then draft Milliner/Fisher I'll be ecstatic.

My guess is we end up with a washed up RB and draft Ziggy Ansah.

Just found out about the whole Mike Wallace thing.

Even if we (the Dolphins) get him, he will suck here like every single receiver since O. J. McDuffie and that one great Chris Chambers year.
Another Dolphins fan!? Welcome brother. You should post here more often.

You're probably right about Mike Wallace but at least we'll get to see if Tannehill is the real deal or not. Man, I miss Chris Chambers now... I was sad when the Dolphins traded him to the stupid Chargers.

Milchjon

pkintern.jpg

Can't wait to see if Wallace lands with the Dolphins today.

Also, I guess with Reggie taking off Lamar Miller will be the Dolphins primary RB this year. I'm excited to see what he can do but I'm a little worried about how he'll handle such a huge increase in his workload. He only had 51 carries last year.

cajunator

Banned
I expect cuts by the Saints but no free agent signings yet.
They dont have much room to maneuver after all the shit that has gone down.

Woooo Texans! Wheeling and dealing!

Rick Smith, you are dangerous man! I can't catch my breath...

Texans and Raider are probably the only teams I havent seen linked to anyone. You would think the Texans had won the SB last year or something with how quiet they have been.

Position predictions Ghost?

I think we'll sign a high profile pass rusher, a CB and a TE.
Not saying this is all gonna happen today but I see some our options as
Qb: TBD ( cassel? Chase?)
Wr: edelman or danario alexander
TE: Cook, myers, Keller?
LB: Kruger or Avril, probably some more too
Corner: I think we're eyeing quite a few
Rb: turner, beanie?
Well pretty much I think well try to sign people at Almost every position

Rumor this morning is that the Bears are very interested in Jake Long. There is also a rumor that the preceding rumor gave me a boner.

I am glad the Eagles are not in on Long, Winston isnt any better if they go that way but at least he will be cheaper. Seems like there are a lot of good tackles in the draft this rather, I would rather address that position there then through FA.

eznark

Banned
I am glad the Eagles are not in on Long, Winston isnt any better if they go that way but at least he will be cheaper. Seems like there are a lot of good tackles in the draft this rather, I would rather address that position there then through FA.

There are also a number of better, cheaper options in FA at tackle. Don't know why anyone would pursue Long.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm so nervous. For once since I've been a fan the Browns may actually spend money.

I'll be disappointed if we get no one.

eznark

Banned
I'm so nervous. For once since I've been a fan the Browns may actually spend money.

I'll be disappointed if we get no one.

Don't be. The teams that win in March are never the teams that win in January. Who were the big FA signings for the Ravens, Giants and Packers the last three years?

There is no "transcendent" free agent in this class, only bodies. There isn't a Justin Smith or Charles Woodson that can literally turn around a unit by themselves.

If the Eagles are going for Revis it is to bad that the Jets signed Garrad yesterday. It would have been nice if they could have added Foles to the package to lessen the picks they would have to give up.

MechDX

Texans and Raider are probably the only teams I havent seen linked to anyone. You would think the Texans had won the SB last year or something with how quiet they have been.

In our hearts and minds we did!

Who needs a new speedster at wr when the only pass our qb can make is a 5yard fade route?

effzee

Long isn't going to get the money he wants from anyone. If he comes cheap and is willing to move to RT than why not? Same with Winston. Right price and why not? Better than drafting a T at 4 or even in the later rounds hoping they start.

Though if it comes down to the draft for OLINE help I'd rather they just take Fisher or Joeckel at 4 and just make the OLINE close to dominant if Peters is back 100%.

Wes

venison crêpe
I have no real idea about team needs and cap space other than what I've been reading on a few sites.

That said, my uneducated guess would be Revis gets traded to the Falcons.

Top Bottom