• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Long isn't going to get the money he wants from anyone. If he comes cheap and is willing to move to RT than why not? Same with Winston. Right price and why not? Better than drafting a T at 4 or even in the later rounds hoping they start.

Though if it comes down to the draft for OLINE help I'd rather they just take Fisher or Joeckel at 4 and just make the OLINE close to dominant if Peters is back 100%.

It seems to me that teams are always finding good OL later in the draft, and a lot of so called draft experts are saying that this draft is supposed to be deep at Tackle. The new OL coach is very highly regarded, so it will be interesting to see what he can do. I would rather grab a guy in the 3rd round, then take money that could be going to upgrade one of the huge needs they have, and using it on a tackle like Long. RT is going to be huge for us if Vick is the starter, I dont want a scrap heap guy protecting Vick's blindside.

Wes

venison crêpe
~ FRESH BROWNS HUBBUB ALERT DELIVERY COMING THROUGH! ~

tumblr_me0j3gqbl71rr18jao1_500.gif

Lot of talk on twitter about Keenan Lewis to the Browns is looking ever increasingly likely. Apparently a Pittsburgh station has been talking it up that he's sure to leave.

Lot of talk on twitter about Keenan Lewis to the Browns is looking ever increasingly likely. Apparently a Pittsburgh station has been talking it up that he's sure to leave.
Yeah some of the people on the OBR are saying the steelers boards are moaning, but I'm not gonna take anything serious until some real reports

Colasante

I'm really rooting for a Talib/Asomugha CB pairing for the Patriots. I think Nnamdi can be fixed. Philly just sucked the talent out of everyone that came through.

What an amazing .gif.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I request that any browns news get posted with this gif.

Browns fans....you don't want Kruger. Not for that price.

I feel as though the Browns are going to be overpaying for quite a few guys this off-season.

You have to over pay to get him to Cleveland.
Pay em all. It's not like we were a winning team and attractive to people, we gotta start someplace. Old regime literally almost got no FA and just used the draft with I don't agree with and didn't work. You can't the term building through the draft literally like we did, unless you're hitting on every pick

Let me be more clear.

Kruger is not that good. He was a bust until halfway through this season when he had a five game sack streak that made up 6.5 of his 9 sacks. And fuck sack numbers anyway, I watched him barely get to the QB and have trouble with bigger or more athletic tackles. He's always seemed like a motor guy, like a Jarret Johnson without the run stopping. And playing with Ray has an effect on people. Even though he was old this year, he still makes the others around him play better. We have a long line of LBs leaving and sucking.

He's fine, but when it came to our FAs, I was never compelled to keep him.

Pay em all. It's not like we were a winning team and attractive to people, we gotta start someplace. Old regime literally almost got no FA and just used the draft with I don't agree with and didn't work. You can't the term building through the draft literally like we did, unless you're hitting on every pick

Good teams don't "pay em all" in free agency

Dragon

Banned
Let me be more clear.

Kruger is not that good. He was a bust until halfway through this season when he had a five game sack streak that made up 6.5 of his 9 sacks. And fuck sack numbers anyway, I watched him barely get to the QB and have trouble with bigger or more athletic tackles. He's always seemed like a motor guy, like a Jarret Johnson without the run stopping. And playing with Ray has an effect on people. Even though he was old this year, he still makes the others around him play better. We have a long line of LBs leaving and sucking.

He's fine, but when it came to our FAs, I was never compelled to keep him.

I thought there were numbers that indicated that the Ravens were better with Ray off the field? I would think Ngata would be a bigger deal for Kruger's success than anything else.

Awesome, except we're not a good TEAM!! And need talent

Except you are going to hurt yourself by paying so much, Kruger isn't that talented. Even the Ravens fans are saying that. Yet you are going to pay him like he is a stud?

I thought you guys had a good defense last year, no clue why you are even switching to a 3-4

squicken

Ravens took Kruger off the field in the SB. How can you pay a guy premier pass rusher money when his old team was taking him off the field in the the sports biggest game? Hope to hell the Colts don't go after him

Lots of places saying Ed Reed is a lock to SF. We'll all have to pitch in and get Larry his SF jersey

tmdorsey

Alright, let the Free Agency games begin. I will take Jackson or Bush, Ellerbe(sp?) and a couple of good pass rushers to go please.

Except you are going to hurt yourself by paying so much, Kruger isn't that talented. Even the Ravens fans are saying that. Yet you are going to pay him like he is a stud?

I thought you guys had a good defense last year, no clue why you are even switching to a 3-4
People think we had a good D, are LBs and run stopping game hasn't been good in ages. Literally if you had a decent Rb anyone could of beat us, teams didn't need to pass as much and our pass defense looked better then it was besides Haden.

As for if we're making mistakes and overpaying anyone, time will tell. I'm just happy we're being active and putting forward a real effort

People think we had a good D, are LBs and run stopping game hasn't been good in ages. Literally if you had a decent Rb anyone could of beat us, teams didn't need to pass as much and our pass defense looked better then it was besides Haden.

But you realize Kruger sucks against the run? He's a situational LB.

Old regime literally almost got no FA and just used the draft with I don't agree with and didn't work.
...cause the old regime sucked at the draft. That's not a condemnation of building through the draft, it's a condemnation of your front offices ability to do it right. There's no secret sauce in the NFL. The successful teams all have very simple things in common. The idea that you can "quick fix" a lack of talent in FA has been proven wrong time and time again (see the Eagles for the most recent example).

Putting forth "effort" means understanding that the Browns aren't a one year project for better or worse. Just saying...

cajunator

Banned
...cause the old regime sucked at the draft. That's not a condemnation of building through the draft, it's a condemnation of your front offices ability to do it right. There's no secret sauce in the NFL. The successful teams all have very simple things in common. The idea that you can "quick fix" a lack of talent in FA has been proven wrong time and time again (see the Eagles for the most recent example).

Putting forth "effort" means understanding that the Browns aren't a one year project for better or worse. Just saying...

Actually, it worked really well for the Saints, but that was catching lightning in a bottle. Darren Sharper was just a beast that year. Everyone played way above their normal abilities.

I'm not saying building through the draft is bad, what I was saying is it's hard to just totally rely on one or the other to build a team, it takes a good combination of both.
Edit: you people are making me sound like a crazed lunatic.....or maybe i am

Draxal

Seems like alot of mock drafts have Bjoern Werner falling to the Giants. I'm cool with that.

I do want Warmack of Cooper (but I wanted Zeitler last year as well).

The Bears are interested in the Vikings Phil Loadholt:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/bears-hot-on-vikings-right-tackle-phil-loadholt/

According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, the Bears are “hot on Loadholt,” which frankly is a disturbingly evocative collection of words.

The Vikings right tackle has started 63 of 64 games since the Vikings took him in the second round of the 2009 Draft.

While the Vikings want to retain him, they don’t want to go over $5 million a year for a right tackle in a market thick with blockers, according to Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com

Loadholt played on the left side in college, but his strength is in the run game, and he’s probably better suited on the right. But the Bears have 2011 first-rounder Gabe Carimi there.

Looks like they'll spend their way to an offensive line considering they've also been linked to Giants guard Kevin Boothe as well.

Seems like alot of mock drafts have Bjoern Werner falling to the Giants. I'm cool with that.

I do want Warmack of Cooper (but I wanted Zeitler last year as well).
I doubt Warmack makes to 19. Cooper is a possibility but we know what's going to happen. DE, CB or another WR.:)

Top Bottom