• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

cdyhybrid

This defense is going to kill LeBeau.

Ugh Harrison to Worilds and now Lewis to Gay.

Fuck the offseason.

Torrey Smith ‏@TorreySmithWR
Mike Wallace

I think he hit send early. His next tweet "Where will Mike Wallace go?"

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless
If I'm the 49ers, I still go after Revis, offering my 1, 2 2s and 2 3s. Get Revis, game over.

Skip is a Revis stan.

bionic77

So what happened to Anquan Boldin saying he'd rather retire than play for another team in the league?
He wanted to play for the Ravens but they did not make him a fair offer. "I love the city of Baltimore and their fans but I have to think of myself and my family and remember this is a business. Let me express my thanks to the fans, coaches and to the City of Baltimore for making this our home. We will keep out home in Baltimore and stay active in the community. Blah blah I am a criminal blah."

bionic77

Torrey Smith ‏@TorreySmithWR
Mike Wallace

I think he hit send early. His next tweet "Where will Mike Wallace go?"

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless
If I'm the 49ers, I still go after Revis, offering my 1, 2 2s and 2 3s. Get Revis, game over.

Skip is a Revis stan.
I don't care about losing Wallace. Brown is the better player.

Dragon

Banned
It really is a perfect fit, since Schaub can't throw it past 10 yards.

To be honest if the Texans had Welker and a healthy Johnson their offense would be putting up 450+ points a year easy. Even with schoob.

Now he can catch his one touchdown at the beginning of the season.

It's not that bad. The guy is still good in the red zone. Even if he can't run the 40 any faster than Tommy.

Dragon

Banned
That says more about the AFC than the Texans.

Their division isn't exactly the pinnacle of defense either.

If by "healthy" you mean 4 years younger.

I dunno, 112 and 1598 is pretty elite and he's only 31.

This season is going to be terrible isn't it? We were better off not restructuring contracts and making cuts, and simply sucking it up for a year...

Isn't that what you did last year?

harSon

Banned
This season is going to be terrible isn't it? We were better off not restructuring contracts and making cuts, and simply sucking it up for a year...

Talon

49ers, Bucs and Cardinals have interest in Laron Landry's steroid cache.

tumblr_lrxg3pIs0F1qieobdo1_500.jpg

Alright Steeler-GAF, what's the deal with Mendy? Seemed like a stud a few seasons ago but just had injury issues last year. Do you think he'll be injury prone going forth? Is he only good with a solid OL? Or can he overcome that like SJAX? I saw some poor performances when your OL was injured but I don't think he was back to 100 percent health at that point.

Guy is still a stud. Mendenhall has always been a horse, that wasn't his problem. It's what's between the ears.

squicken

I've thought the Texans should release Walter since I was a fan. Now just rid of Schoob, Kubes, Rick, and Bob, and they'll be caught up

cdyhybrid

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Seattle's Russell Wilson awarded $222,000 pay-for-performance bonus from rookie performance pool - more than half his $405,000 base salary.

Everyday I'm Russellin'

You guys are being melodramatic. Harrison, Wallace, Lewis, and perhaps Mendenhall are gone. Shy of Lewis, where were those guys last season? Either injured, underperforming, or both. Team has held onto dead and dying weight for too long. Time to let some younger guys take the reigns.

bionic77

You guys are being melodramatic. Harrison, Wallace, Lewis, and perhaps Mendenhall are gone. Shy of Lewis, where were those guys last season? Either injured, underperforming, or both. Team has held onto dead and dying weight for too long. Time to let some younger guys take the reigns.
I think Harrison had one more year left. Worilds sucks.

And Lewis was a talent. Don't want to see him go.

Fuck Mendy and Wallace, good riddance.

I think Harrison had one more year left. Worilds sucks.

And Lewis was a talent. Don't want to see him go.

Fuck Mendy and Wallace, good riddance.

Harrison can still go, but he's now an injury risk. You don't pay guys monster contracts to see them ride the bench injured. Look at how everyone has turned on Woodley. What's Harrison's excuse?

I love Deebo, but he'll be 35 on opening day. Staying his inevitable execution for a year helps no one.

Worilds needs to sink or swim. He's young and raw, but has talent. Worilds had 5 sacks in 3 starts last season. Harrison had 6.

harSon

Banned

We're still old at some positions, fragile at others and completely lacking in a few. And there's little we can do to fill them outside of the draft. Similar to last season, we're an injury here and there away from complete irrelevancy, which is likely considering our injury history over the course of the last few years.

WedgeX

Banned
Looking more and more like Bush to the Lions is a sure thing. Not sure how any other free agents get signed, unless the team is playing some sort of spy game and have restructured Stafford's deal without it leaking.

eznark

Banned
Looking more and more like Bush to the Lions is a sure thing. Not sure how any other free agents get signed, unless the team is playing some sort of spy game and have restructured Stafford's deal without it leaking.

He agreed to convert his entire salary into Krispy Kreme's. Both sides are too embarrassed to leak it.

We're still old at some positions, fragile at others and completely lacking in a few. And there's little we can do to fill them outside of the draft. Similar to last season, we're an injury here and there away from complete irrelevancy, which is likely considering our injury history over the course of the last few years.

So instead of cutting the dead weight you'd rather have the team that went 8-8 hang around another season? Not getting your point here.

They can't afford him

Why not celebrate your successful surgery by repping the Texans in the draft!

cdyhybrid

Cleveland Browns ‏@Browns
#Browns Fans! We are now on twitter as @Browns! RT this message to share the news with your friends!
Retweeted by NFL

Browns' biggest offseason move!

Top Bottom