• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs -
2. Jaguars - Tamanon
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92
4. Eagles - Yankeehater
5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054
6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox3182
10. Titans -
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers -
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints -
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals -
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings -
24. Colts - SpinDasher
25. Minnesota - from Seattle -
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans -
28. Broncos - Godslay
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers - FrenchMovieTheme
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

Missing reps for the bolded teams. Please. Let's get fans to represent before we move to alternates.

NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs -
2. Jaguars - Tamanon
4. Eagles - Yankeehater
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox318
10. Titans -
11. Chargers - Nightz
13. Buccaneers -
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints -
18. Cowboys - cashman
21. Bengals -
23. Vikings -
24. Colts - SpinDasher
27. Texans -
28. Broncos - Godslay
30. Falcons - Talon

I could help with the Patriots.

harSon

Banned
So instead of cutting the dead weight you'd rather have the team that went 8-8 hang around another season? Not getting your point here.

We need a different fiscal strategy. Kicking the can down the road is going to fuck us over sooner or later. It completely takes us out of the Free Agency market year after year, forcing us to rely on the draft market, which is perfectly fine except for the fact that we're drafting projects instead of starters as of late. By the time our players actually flourish into something worth a shit, especially on the defensive side of the ball, we can't afford them since we've manipulated our way into having no cap space.

squicken

Marc Sessler ‏@MarcSesslerNFL
Per @RapSheet: Mike Wallace to #Dolphins, Paul Kruger to #Browns likely two first major deals come 4 p.m. ET

We need a different fiscal strategy. Kicking the can down the road is going to fuck us over sooner or later. It completely takes us out of the Free Agency market year after year, forcing us to rely on the draft market, which is perfectly fine except for the fact that we're drafting projects instead of starters as of late. By the time our players actually flourish into something worth a shit, especially on the defensive side of the ball, we can't afford them since we've manipulated our way into having no cap space.

The reason Steelers are letting Keenan Lewis walk is because They have Cortez Allen waiting in the wings and he's seen as the one with the biggest upside. Allen is considered as good as Lewis with coverage and more physical which leads to more turnovers.

Lions are going to pay Willie Young 2mil next season? wtf

I think Willie is a good young player and will find himself starting and surprising people. It'll be fun to see if he turns the corner in a starting role and plays to the caliber he can. Can't be any worse than Vandenbosch of having to watch Cliff Avril making loads of money to let himself get blocked.

effzee

How do you set someone straight about being a truther?

How does him having stupid beliefs about 911 effect his ability to play?

I am sure a lot of guys in each and every locker room are pretty stupid for the stuff they believe but if it doesn't matter when it comes to on the field production who cares?

Talon

I wonder if he has anything left.
He's still a better tackler than 3/4 of the corners in the league.

I am sure a lot of guys in each and every locker room are pretty stupid for the stuff they believe but if it doesn't matter when it comes to on the field production who cares?
There are certain things you can't recover from in my book and being a truther is one of the top 2.

The reason Steelers are letting Keenan Lewis walk is because They have Cortez Allen waiting in the wings and he's seen as the one with the biggest upside. Allen is considered as good as Lewis with coverage and more physical which leads to more turnovers.

I'm trying to remain positive like you....but damn, I just think the Steelers are going to blow ass this year. Strange feeling, haven't felt this way since prior to the '99 season. If they shock me and have a hell of a draft, my outlook might improve.

NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs -
2. Jaguars - Tamanon
4. Eagles - Yankeehater
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox3182
10. Titans -
11. Chargers - Nightz
13. Buccaneers -
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints -
18. Cowboys - cashman
21. Bengals -
23. Vikings -
24. Colts - SpinDasher
27. Texans -
28. Broncos - Godslay
30. Falcons - Talon

Missing reps for the bolded teams. Please. Let's get fans to represent before we move to alternates.
1. Don't need a KC fan worst case because we all know what their pick will be.
10. PM one of the Titan fans about it? Might not come here often enough to see this
13. Ask SNES in IRC for the pick
15. Cajun, do you duty!
21. Is there a Bengals-GAF? EZ had to do it last year
25. Banned Episode, do your duty!
27. Mech, do your duty!

Guys like Darnell Dockett.

Yeah, guy tweets stupid stuff but doesn't get into serious trouble. I think he put Twitter down after the way things went last time. If they produce on the field, I could give a shit as long as they aren't a locker room cancer.

It doesnt affect his ability to play at all, I was just replying to Squall saying that the locker room would set him straight.

bionic77

How do you set someone straight about being a truther?
You threaten them. We tell most players if you don't shape the fuck up you are going to be playing football for the Cardinals come next season.

Works on most guys, but on crazy fucks like Mendenhall nothing seems to get through.

effzee

I doesnt affect his ability to play at all, I was just replying to Squall saying that the locker room would set him straight.

There are certain things you can't recover from in my book and being a truther is one of the top 2.

Why would they need to? You think the other guys care? You might have at any given point guys in trouble with the law, using illegal drugs, and whatever else takes place. You guys honestly think he will need to be set straight or anyone will care about what he said?

I'm trying to remain positive like you....but damn, I just think the Steelers are going to blow ass this year. Strange feeling, haven't felt this way since prior to the '99 season. If they shock me and have a hell of a draft, my outlook might improve.

I'm pretty resigned to the fact that the Steelers are going to suck ass this year. All i'm saying really is that we have to start this rebuild sometime, and hanging onto an aging linebacker, a numbskull truther, and a burning twig who can't catch is pretty meaningless in the long run.

You threaten them. We tell most players if you don't shape the fuck up you are going to be playing football for the Cardinals come next season.

Works on most guys, but on crazy fucks like Mendenhall nothing seems to get through.

You guys won't be any better this year, buddy.

Why would they need to? You think the other guys care? You might have at any given point guys in trouble with the law, using illegal drugs, and whatever else takes place. You guys honestly think he will need to be set straight or anyone will care about what he said?

I dont think they have to at all. I was just replying to how silly it seemed to say that the locker room would straighten him out. He is a crazy fucker and I doubt that is going to change, but if he produces for the Cards and they dont mind having someone like him on the team then good for them.

bionic77

You guys won't be any better this year, buddy.
Thats a good thing.

Greatness these days is paved on a road full of garbage.

Being good only matters for power rankings and fairweather fans. Championships are won by the mediocre and lucky. We are already mediocre, just need some more luck.

LevelNth

Banned
I still don't see how the Niners can be 'in the mix' for Landry, Goldson or Sean Smith. We just don't have the cap room.

Of course, if we're going to release Manningham, Goodwin and/or Whitner then maybe, or maybe they have some restructures in the works with some people.

Colasante

I'm bummed to see the Patriots got out of the bidding war for DT Desmond Bryant. He could have been the interior pass rusher they needed. Hopefully Armstead proves legit.

Top Bottom